Resource icon

History in the Making II: Brave New World Edition 2016-10-05

Its the mod. I played two games today and for me the crashing begins after turn 200 pretty regularly. I also get the crash if I try to change an existing improvement. I have not nit had any other crashes with civil and only discovered the mod in version 3.

Theres is typo in the mod - Communism policy named Planned economy, so there is two Planned economies in that tree.

@ Grave : do you plan to include a Standard Earth with all the 22 Civs ?

There are room to normally 8 civs + 16 city-states = 24 start plots...

So it would be room for 22 civs and a few city-states, no ?

Would be really nice if all the civs were to theirs right start places :goodjob:

Hi Grave!
First, let's drink a toast to the Steelers. "To a good season":beer:

Yeah, they had a great season. Too bad they couldn't beat the cheeseheads. It was a great game... Steelers took until the 2nd half to wake up. If they had did better in the 1st quarter, we'd of won. :cheers:

Its the mod. I played two games today and for me the crashing begins after turn 200 pretty regularly. I also get the crash if I try to change an existing improvement. I have not nit had any other crashes with civil and only discovered the mod in version 3.

I'm experiencing the crashing as well.Latest version of v2 worked well for me.

I've exerienced the crashing sometimes when swapping out tile improvements. When I would reload the game, it would work fine after that.

Theres is typo in the mod - Communism policy named Planned economy, so there is two Planned economies in that tree.

Good catch. I'll look into it. :goodjob:

@ Grave : do you plan to include a Standard Earth with all the 22 Civs ?

There are room to normally 8 civs + 16 city-states = 24 start plots...

So it would be room for 22 civs and a few city-states, no ?

Would be really nice if all the civs were to theirs right start places :goodjob:

I'm sure I'll do a standard Earth map one of these days. I want to focus on smoothing out gameplay, first.

I tried reloading the game and all that,but still I experience the crashing and I not swapping any tile improvements I think...dunno what's up with that...:(

I've exerienced the crashing sometimes when swapping out tile improvements. When I would reload the game, it would work fine after that.

Hey Grave, thanks for responding. What about the regular crashing that just seems to happen after turn 200? Any thoughts on what is causing that?

I just finished up an Epic game on a Huge map today. Played 500+ turns up to Modern Era (1949 AD).

I experienced a few CTDs. Some from swapping out tile improvements, some random. Not sure about the tile improvement ones yet. The random ones were late in the game. I suspect its a memory (RAM) issue. Like Civ IV, this game is a memory hog, too.

2. Forge: You mentioned an iron shortage - you can only build the forge in a city near iron.

ooops i misunderstood, i thought i only had to have access to iron not actually have to have my own mine. well that sucks, seems like if you can get iron you should be able to build the forge in as many cities as you want.

i dont suppose we could make it possible to discover iron where we have mines like you could in civ IV?

well still enjoying the mod a lot :D

I just finished up an Epic game on a Huge map today. Played 500+ turns up to Modern Era (1949 AD).

I experienced a few CTDs. Some from swapping out tile improvements, some random. Not sure about the tile improvement ones yet. The random ones were late in the game. I suspect its a memory (RAM) issue. Like Civ IV, this game is a memory hog, too.

Hmm, my experience has been different with that. I only experience CTD with this mod. For example, I can play huge map without the mod and never crash. I play this mod on standard map and crash consistently. I do not play with any other mods and only discovered this mod after you had put out Version 3.

I hope there is some reason for the crashing that you are able to find in the code. Your mod is a lot of fun and thanks for developing it.

Just crashed to desktop at turn 75 "à peu près"...
On standard generated Earth with 22 civs and no city-states...

My config' Core 2 Duo 3,06 Ghz, 4 Go Ram DDR 3 and ATI 4850 HD 512 Mo...

My config' is a few weak i know

well still have the same problem with the tech tree not scrolling. but so far that has been the only problem.

never mind lol. i should have went through all the readme files first. tech tree is working fine now. enjoying it greatly so far

Dear Lord. I have this problem. Please enlighten me.

Grave, I run into an error with displaying graphics for my East Indiaman. It's not a ship in your mod but in the Dutch Civilization mod. Instead of a ship it displays 10 men 'walking over water'. It's not a huge annoyance and I secretly hope you know what the problem is.

When using CCMAT I never ran into this error.

Hello Grave,

First of all, thanks for your hard work - plays out just splendid :D

However, I seem to have problems with loading a saved game. I use your last version v2 with civ5 dlx edition + dlc spain & inca.
I'm sorry if I double post someone else's question.

Thanks for your following up my issue.

Btw - do you like me to upload any of savegame files that keep crashing ?

Grave, I run into an error with displaying graphics for my East Indiaman. It's not a ship in your mod but in the Dutch Civilization mod. Instead of a ship it displays 10 men 'walking over water'. It's not a huge annoyance and I secretly hope you know what the problem is.

When using CCMAT I never ran into this error.

This makes sense, given that grave overwrites unit art defines, meaning any custom unit graphic will simply be turned into spearmen

This makes sense, given that grave overwrites unit art defines, meaning any custom unit graphic will simply be turned into spearmen
Sounds logical but is there a "work-around"?

Also noticed 2 errors: the help text for the granary is missing and Chemistry claims to allow building of Cannons. Cannons are available with Gunpowder though.

Sounds logical but is there a "work-around"?

Also noticed 2 errors: the help text for the granary is missing and Chemistry claims to allow building of Cannons. Cannons are available with Gunpowder though.

There is certainly a workaround. Go into your mods folder, find the matching artdefines XMLs for the Dutch civ and HitM. Scroll down until you find the Dutch unique unit information, and copy the <UnitArtInfo> for it. Paste that into the XML for HitM and save it. Now, rename or delete the artdefines XML for the Dutch civ.

Top Bottom