Another WW2 scenario

I saw they were building the sm-79 by the mid 30s, so that is definitely something to change. I'll either start them out with radar or make the the sm79 available at flight tech. Probably the latter, since I don't think they should have paratroopers.

Just to update on why there has been no upload yet, I found a lot more errors than anticipated and even some crash causing bugs when I started testing a couple days ago.

Everything cleaned up ok though, and it basically appears ready for upload now. So, I plan to post the new version this evening.

Scenario is uploaded. Download link is at the top of the Opening Post. As always feedback is welcome, and I am willing to help if there are install problems. See the instructions first though.

Thanks a lot for the mod. Unafortunately, i have a problem when i load the map. An emergent window of Microsoft C++ debugging appears and, when I click to cancel, retry or omit, the game crashes. I use Civ5 with DirectX 11 and Windows 7 64 bits. Can you help me, please? thanks again

Thanks a lot for the mod. Unafortunately, i have a problem when i load the map. An emergent window of Microsoft C++ debugging appears and, when I click to cancel, retry or omit, the game crashes. I use Civ5 with DirectX 11 and Windows 7 64 bits. Can you help me, please? thanks again

Anyone else experience this? I had these crashes occur when I was testing the map, but I fixed what was causing it. It means there is some major xml conflict that prevents the game from running properly.

Number 1 thing is to make sure you follow the install instructions. My thought is you might have another mod enabled. Check that you only have the 4 ww2 ver3 mods enabled and nothing else.

I checked the download myself and tried to do a fresh install. I ran into a problem where the game didn't recognize parts 3 and 4 of the mod for some reason. So it only installed parts 1 and 2. That might have been what happened to you as well.

Here is a solution: Go to your MODS folder and locate the files that did not install in game. They will appear as civ5mod files, but are just storage files that can be extracted manually via a winzip type program.
For me it was
"WWII Full Earth Campaign Part 3 of 4 (v 3)"
&
"WWII Full Earth Campaign Part 4 of 4 (v 3)"

Create a folder for each file and name them whatever you want (I just copied and pasted the above names and used those). Open them with your zip program and extract the contents to the corresponding folders you just made.

Now you've manually installed the mod files. Not too complicated I hope. I'll post this in the OP too in case others have the same problem. I might go ahead and just consolidate the 4 files down into 2. One for xml/maps and the other for all the art.

Thank you for your efforts, but I regret to say that the mod is still not working in my computer. I have tested what you have told me, but without success. I have reviewed again all the installation and i am not able to find the errors. In the MOD folder there are the four folders of your mod, and the game has installed the four correctly. I have deleted the cache folder, and I made sure that no mod is active when I load your mod. Honestly, it bothers me enough, because the mod looks great, is the largest I've downloaded, and it shows that it is very elaborate. I will keep trying to fix it, to see if I find the solution. Thank you very much anyway.

For me the mods all install correctly, but then I get an error when I start a game with the mod:

Assertion failed !
Program: ...
File: c:\buildagent\work\666eee4d7f8a0a92c\bran...\FAarray.h
Line:149

Expression i < ARRAY_SIZE

For me the mods all install correctly, but then I get an error when I start a game with the mod:

Assertion failed !
File: c:\buildagent\work\666eee4d7f8a0a92c\bran...\FAarray.h

This is the same crash error that I was getting a couple days ago. It had to do with some of the units on the map conflicting with xml data being loaded. To fix it I had to delete every preplaced old unit I had on the map, reload the mod, and then replace with the new units.

So, I'm guessing there is a problem with the map then. Which is strange too, because I have been using the exact same map I included with the scenario mod and the error doesn't appear for me. For now I can just suggest verifying you're using the correct map. If you have been playing old versions of this mod, then you may have a lot of old map versions sitting in your maps folder. Selecting any of those instead of the new map would indeed give you that error.

Make sure you select the map that says "1939 Axis vs Allies" when you scroll over it. I would recommend deleting all the old maps if this turns out to be what is causing the problem. Hope that helps.

I am afraid that I used the right map (the one in Part 4 of 4 right?) because I deleted all the old versions of your mod. I tried deleting the cache, but that didn't help too. The old version of the mod did work for me though.

:confused:I have no idea what the cause might be then. Sounds like you have a bad map, but you're apparently using the right one.
For now I've attached the original map file below if you want to verify it is identical to the one in the mod. To use it, once in the maps folder it will appear as "Full Earth Camp...etc.." instead of starting with WW2 in the map selection. My guess here is maybe something happened to botch the map file's association with the xml.

Yeah, that´s exactly the one I'm using, but it seems not to work. But somehow you are right that its a map problem, because it works when I choose another map type.

Since I haven't seen any mention that the scenario runs properly for anyone, I'll assume this is a universal problem with the files I uploaded. I don't know what has happened, as I continue to see everything work on my end. At least I know it's nothing wrong with the data in the mod.

I think I'll try repackaging the mod into one large single file when I get the chance later. Perhaps when everything is running off the same mod file there is less chance of a bug entering like this.

In the meantime you might try deleting the mods, and manually installing the way I described earlier. To do that just go back to the 4 original files in the zip file you downloaded and extract from those. Perhaps the game did not extract everything perfectly. I only say this because I noticed it completely miss two civ5mod files for me, which I then had to extract manually.

I think I've fixed the problem causing the crash :). It will take a bit of time to implement, but should be uploaded sometime tomorrow. I'll add in a few balance modifications along with the fix, while I'm uploaded a new version.

EDIT: Key word here is think. I consolidated the mod down into 2 files, and ordered the build order for the xml database updates so that it is more logical for the game. If the crash is solved, then my guess is this will be behind it. The other thing I did was I added in strategic view icons for all the new units. I thought that might be what was causing the trouble, but now I seriously doubt it. I'm in the progress of building the mod now, and should have it uploaded shortly.

Ok, the new upload is up. It is available for download via mediafire at the link provided near the top of the opening post. I really hope this corrects the crash, because I am at my wits end on what is the problem otherwise.

Assertion failed !
File: c:\buildagent\work\666eee4d7f8a0a92c\bran...\FAarr ay.h

got it again D:

Assertion failed !
File: c:\buildagent\work\666eee4d7f8a0a92c\bran...\FAarr ay.h

got it again D:

I have the same problem

Top Bottom