Quick Questions and Answers

I do not like the global happiness system. It is impossible to conquer cities without taking a huge hit. If anything, your civ should be happy the enemy is being brought under your heel. The conquered cities will resist, but why should your homeland be mad?

I do not like the global happiness system. It is impossible to conquer cities without taking a huge hit. If anything, your civ should be happy the enemy is being brought under your heal. The conquered cities will resist, but why should your homeland be mad?

See the war weariness in the USA circa 2003 onward ;)

Though more seriously, war weariness has been a mechanic to help prevent run-away aggressive civs for a while (since 2?). It seems to work.

Let's consider that I have researched Optics, but have not yet researched Navigation.

I want to move my settler from one coastal water tile to another, but to do it the settler should cross over one ocean tile. So the question is if the settler can move by mentioned path?

I know that crossing ocean tile without researching Navigation was possible in Civ 3 or Civ 4. But I am not sure if game mechanics allows doing it in Civ 5.

Let's consider that I have researched Optics, but have not yet researched Navigation.

I want to move my settler from one coastal water tile to another, but to do it the settler should cross over one ocean tile. So the question is if the settler can move by mentioned path?

I know that crossing ocean tile without researching Navigation was possible in Civ 3 or Civ 4. But I am not sure if game mechanics allows doing it in Civ 5.

You can move into ocean tiles before navigation if the ocean tile is within your borders. Otherwise you can not enter ocean tiles (only coastal tiles) before researching navigation.

Where does the Maritine City State Ally bonus show in the UI? I've recently allied with a CS on the next continent and I'm supposed to be getting +3 food in Capital and +1 Food in all other cities, but I can't see any mention of "From CS" when I hover over the food icons in my cities.

Where does the Maritine City State Ally bonus show in the UI? I've recently allied with a CS on the next continent and I'm supposed to be getting +3 food in Capital and +1 Food in all other cities, but I can't see any mention of "From CS" when I hover over the food icons in my cities.

The extra CS food is not mentioned in the city screen but is added directly to your city tile.

Quick question about the achievement for the Persians to get 5 golden ages in a game. I have had 5 golden ages, but I still couldn't get the achievement. What gives? Do they have to be natural golden ages? All of mine except for 2 have been brought on by great people, wonders, or government choices. I've had almost 10 this game, but no achievement. :(

doh :(

I'm almost at the end of my game. I will most likely play the Persians again, they are a cool civ. Can't believe I waited until now to play them.

So an add-on question. Do golden ages from great people interfere with natural golden ages? It seems like that number doesn't go up when you are currently in a golden age. And what makes that number go up anyways? I have never got more than 3 natural ones a game. How would I get more?

Sorry if this has been asked before...but what are some good ways to speed up the game's loading times, etc.? As I get later on in a game, even on a standard map, it can take a few minutes to load my saved data. Also, it can sometimes take awhile to load between turns - even if there are no combat animations being shown. Any help would be awesome :)

Sorry if this was answered before but I couldn't find it on 68 pages of questions. Is there a way to always launch the game on the DX11 mode? RIght now when I open steam and click play it opens a window asking what I want to do.

Sorry if this was answered before but I couldn't find it on 68 pages of questions. Is there a way to always launch the game on the DX11 mode? RIght now when I open steam and click play it opens a window asking what I want to do.

Right click on the DX11 option in that box and select 'create DX11 Shortcut'

Can I produce persons and buildings inside a Town at the same time or do I need to wait and choose one at once only?

T.Y.

You can only build one thing at a time. This includes units and buildings, or anything else you can select from the production menu. Great people, however, are independent of production, and will be generated concurrently with whatever you are building.

If you go into your city and open city management, if your city is producing 'great people points' you will see bars for them. They are Great Engineers, Great Artists, Great Scientists, Great Merchants and Great Generals (which are produced through combat).

In Civ4, 1 source of iron was enough for all cities to produce swordsmen. Is it so, that in Civ5 you have to strive get more sources of iron so every city can build swords? Or horses for horsemen? Because every build will tie up your strat. resource?

Top Bottom