DG3 Official Poll (Part 2) - Ruleset (Consitution, Code of Laws, Code of Standards)

What demogame rules should we start with in Demogame 3?

• All Demogame 2 rules (Constitution + Code of Laws + Code of Standards)

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Basic Rules (Constitution)

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaitan

der Besucher
This is the final and official poll on what basic rules we will use in DG3. These are the rules for the demogame itself. The choices are to bring over all 3 books (Constitution, Code of Laws, Code of Standards) or just the basic ruleset (Constitution).

This poll will remain open at least 48 hours and may remain open until DG3 begins. It may be closed if no winner is determined and further discussion/polling is needed.

Note that there is no quorum and no abstain option.

I voted to bring over all rules. They seem to be a working set of rules, and I support them. I think that we should amend some of the rules, most notably the rules about PI's and Judicial Review.

I say bring over the Big C and mothball the other two books. They've gotten to the point where it's going to be easier (and more fun) to rebuild them from the ground up than to attempt to refine them, IMO.

Link to part 1 please. I cannot find it.

I second to bring over only the big C... not the rest of the crap...

reasons:
1) a new constitutional creation experience
2) get rid of the old stuff we dont really need
3) get rid of some of the bad things in our ruleset
4) make the propably babylonian experience even better (they were the first civ with a written law... so we could also try to "roleplay" that)

... and many more

of course maybe a few parts of the big C also need to be changed a bit to fit, but that wont be a problem for us i believe.

We should bring over our beloved monsters, the CoL and CoS. We already have a fully functionin system.

However, I would not be opposed to change. If anything, all three books should be a temporary bring over, just so that while discussion is occuring on how to change everything, we can play the game smoothly at the same time.

Only bring over the Constitution.

I am hoping that we can stay quite genuine to the passage of time in both the DemoGame and the RPG next time around. Just as our small civ starts off with one settler, so should our laws be as basic. Doing this would entail bringing over the bare minimum and having the game(and in turn our laws) progress from there.

For instance, in the Ancient Era, maybe we can vote in a set of Elders(or something like that) to construct our new laws and to run the DemoGame. These Elders could divvy up duties amongst themselves, and bring in others for assistance(apprentices?). The rules can evolve from there as our nation evolves.

This may take alot of work, but it could be quite intriguing.....either way, let's do something different this time out.

I should say, Bring all of the 3 books.

Just bring the whole thing over. I'm sure a lot of users don't want to get bogged down in rule after rule and just want to enjoy the game.

I voted to just bring over the basic rules and the results so far are 10 - 8 (costitution winning) :)

I voted to Bring in all of the 3 books with us, so that we dont have to spend a whole lot of time, rewriting the rules from scratch. This would prevent us from getting bogged down with writing the rules that would take up most of the time in the early part of the game.

I think that if we do bring only the constitution, we should keep our old CoL and CoS in place until the new rules are completed, like Octavian said.

Thanks Shai.

Come on basic rule sets. We need votes now. Every vote counts.

Split 50/50 (or close enough), I think this poll should be closed and more discussion brought up on the subject. Even a minor amendment to the Constitution takes what? 2/3's majority of support? I really don't think this should be decided by one vote.

Originally posted by Cyc
Split 50/50 (or close enough), I think this poll should be closed and more discussion brought up on the subject. Even a minor amendment to the Constitution takes what? 2/3's majority of support? I really don't think this should be decided by one vote.

I agree, though I think that the result means that we continue discussing. I think enough people have said that we need to take a look at the ruleset, that we need to do so.

Please DONT bring over the CoS and CoL!

They bog down everything. If the MSDG can have a simple, constitution only ruleset, so can demogame 3.

(Read the MSDG constitution in the MSDG main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom