Info Addict

Do you have a source with information for that file you provided?

Here's where I was first introduced to it:

http://redd.it/3b2la3

According to reddit user Milanesas, Athaboros made a Quality of Life Modpack, which took some popular mods and made them into a DLC. Upon request, he offered that ZIP I linked which is just InfoAddict in DLC form.

If there's a way to solve the problem you're referring to, please let me know. Sometimes when I load a save, exit to menu, or try to close Civ 5, it will crash. I know it's because of IA. It doesn't do it anywhere near as much as the mod version did. I've learned to live with it, but if there's a way to solve it, that would be super.

ignore this

Good news, one and all! If you are a user of EUI or are tired of IA making your game crash more frequently, I have a simple fix found here. It's a modified InfoAddict as well as Diplomacy Values rolled into a single modpack. The modification I gave InfoAddict not only makes it work perfectly fine with EUI, but also seems to have stopped the crashing! Whereas the thing I mentioned before about crashing was was only intermittently better.

For those who aren't interested in the DLC, you can include this fix yourself. Go to IA's .modinfo file and change "InGameUIAddin" to "DiplomacyUIAddin". Thanks to reddit user Nalkor for pointing this out.

Good news, one and all! If you are a user of EUI or are tired of IA making your game crash more frequently, I have a simple fix found here. It's a modified InfoAddict as well as Diplomacy Values rolled into a single modpack. The modification I gave InfoAddict not only makes it work perfectly fine with EUI, but also seems to have stopped the crashing! Whereas the thing I mentioned before about crashing was was only intermittently better.

For those who aren't interested in the DLC, you can include this fix yourself. Go to IA's .modinfo file and change "InGameUIAddin" to "DiplomacyUIAddin". Thanks to reddit user Nalkor for pointing this out.

Thanks for sharing this info! :thumbsup:

So making this change to the modinfo-file is enough, and you won't need to do the steps from this post anymore?

So making this change to the modinfo-file is enough, and you won't need to do the steps from this post anymore?

That is my experience thus far, yes (I'm an habitual reloader). If I had remembered the steps you mentioned, I would've included them also, but it had been awhile since I used IA. Once I realized I forgot that step, I was tempted to quickly repackage the modpack. To my delight, I noticed it doesn't appear to be necessary :)

In one game I was playing last night, I had reloaded like 15 times in a single session. Previously with IA in place, I'd be lucky to get a 3rd one off in a row without crashing.

[EDIT]
I just wanted to add that the reason *I* am not experiencing crashes is because EUI, IA, and Diplo Vals is all I'm using. I looked back over that post and in my limited knowledge/experience, that looks like corrections that would make IA play better with other mods. So other people might still want to use that step.

for some reason global relations graph doesn't show the lines half of the time

"Check Info addict" showing up on the the minimap.
Should only show up during talks with the AI?

How do i remove it? :<

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...271/0A82A10CB24609DFF1A5C94705472F0A23C575A1/

edit:

appears to be caused by version 27a of EUI
I downgraded to 26A and the button went away :D

You can make that insane button disappear:

• Comment lines 39, 40, 41 in InfoAddictHooks.lua (&#8220;Controls.IAB_ &#8230;&#8221;)
  • Comment line 61 in InfoAddictHooks.lua (&#8220;Events.LoadScreen&#8230;&#8221;)
  • Comment lines 3 to 7 in InfoAddictHooks.xml (i.e. the whole content)

This works with the DLC version of InfoAddict and EUI 1.27d (or 1.27d beta5). You won&#8217;t have the IA button in the diplo screen but you can access it from EUI&#8217;s main screen top menu.

[If you are the rude type you may equally just delete the file InfoAddictHooks.xml and cut the file InfoAddictHooks.lua after line 29 :crazyeye: Untested.]

Edit 2016-02-05: bc1&#8217;s patch file from 9 January seems to do the trick. (InfoAddict DLC v22, eui_v1_28c.)
So, no more need for my ugly hack.

does it work with cbp full install?

It doesnt work for me. I have version 1.0.3.279. Which according to 2k games is the latest update. I see people posting on this topic recently, so surely they have the latest version of the game as well. I mean, maybe it works, but i sure dont see any extra demographics or anything once I enable the mod.

You can make that insane button disappear:

• Comment lines 39, 40, 41 in InfoAddictHooks.lua (&#8220;Controls.IAB_ &#8230;&#8221;)
  • Comment line 61 in InfoAddictHooks.lua (&#8220;Events.LoadScreen&#8230;&#8221;)
  • Comment lines 3 to 7 in InfoAddictHooks.xml (i.e. the whole content)

This works with the DLC version of InfoAddict and EUI 1.27d (or 1.27d beta5). You won&#8217;t have the IA button in the diplo screen but you can access it from EUI&#8217;s main screen top menu.

[If you are the rude type you may equally just delete the file InfoAddictHooks.xml and cut the file InfoAddictHooks.lua after line 29 :crazyeye: Untested.]

Well using the DLC version of InfoAddicts I was able to get it to work. And with this info I was able to get rid of that annoying "Check InfoAddict" box that covered a good chunk of the minimap. Thanks for this info.

Now, I just need to figure out why the new civilizations I added are not appearing. Thanks again.

Hi! First post on the forum! ^^

I've been using EUI + Infoaddict on DLC files (to get achievements) for a few days and worked great, but today I resume my game and InfoAddict didn't exist anymore, the button just doesn't appear. The other things of the interface works good. Just Infoaddict doesn't appear anymore :S

The thing is... If I actually load it from the mods, the buttom will appear. Heres a comparison of normal game vs mod game loeaded with info addict

http://imgur.com/a/6BXdm

Of course I replaced the lua archive for the compatibility of both mods. Sorry for my poor Englando...

Any ideas?

Hi! First post on the forum! ^^

I've been using EUI + Infoaddict on DLC files (to get achievements) for a few days and worked great, but today I resume my game and InfoAddict didn't exist anymore, the button just doesn't appear. The other things of the interface works good. Just Infoaddict doesn't appear anymore :S

The thing is... If I actually load it from the mods, the buttom will appear. Heres a comparison of normal game vs mod game loeaded with info addict

http://imgur.com/a/6BXdm

Of course I replaced the lua archive for the compatibility of both mods. Sorry for my poor Englando...

Any ideas?
You should always load a modded game from the mods menu.

You should always load a modded game from the mods menu.

I mean, I think I didn't explain myself very well... I have InfoAddict in both DLC and MODS, but when I start a new game NON MODED it doesn't exist, and it really should because I have InfoAddict on DLC folder...

Top Bottom