Orions Mod Collection

I have released the Additional Strength Source Files. The download contains all the XML and SDK files needed to create a new promotion called: Extra Strength. It provides Archery and Melee units with +1 strength, which is not a percentage increase. It is an integer increase and adds a new tag in the CIV4PromotionInfos.XML file:

Code:
<iExtraStrength>1</iExtraStrength>

Others have attempted to create both a Python and SDK version, but the files I tried failed to work. So, I wanted to post the correct changes needed to make the promotion work correctly.
See first page for download link.
Looks like a nice addition, good work. :goodjob:

However, I loaded the mod as it is for testing and there is no entry in the "Special Abilities" for the Extra Strength promotion:
Spoiler :

Is it intended like this or might there be something missing?

Also, do you know if the promotion entry works for negative numbers as well?

Attachments

• Extra_Strength.jpg
    Extra_Strength.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 443
Looks like a nice addition, good work. :goodjob:

However, I loaded the mod as it is for testing and there is no entry in the "Special Abilities" for the Extra Strength promotion:
Spoiler :

Is it intended like this or might there be something missing?

Also, do you know if the promotion entry works for negative numbers as well?

The Special Abilities show up fine in OGI. Please check the OGI_Promotions_CIV4GameText.xml file. It is likely missing. If not, there is an SDK issue, that is preventing the "Special Abilities" text from appearing. Look in the CvGameTextMgr.cpp file for the following reference.

Code:
/************************************************************************************************/
/* Additional Strength Mod - By Orion Veteran    Start                                          */
/************************************************************************************************/
	if (GC.getPromotionInfo(ePromotion).getExtraStrengthChange() != 0)
	{
		szBuffer.append(pcNewline);
		szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_EXTRA_STRENGTH_TEXT", GC.getPromotionInfo(ePromotion).getExtraStrengthChange()));
	}
/* Additional Strength Mod - By Orion Veteran    END                                            */
I have not tried negative numbers. You might want to experiment with a unit and see what it does.

The Special Abilities show up fine in OGI. Please check the OGI_Promotions_CIV4GameText.xml file. It is likely missing. If not, there is an SDK issue, that is preventing the "Special Abilities" text from appearing. Look in the CvGameTextMgr.cpp file for the following reference.

Code:
/* Additional Strength Mod - By Orion Veteran    Start                                          */
	if (GC.getPromotionInfo(ePromotion).getExtraStrengthChange() != 0)
	{
		szBuffer.append(pcNewline);
		szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_EXTRA_STRENGTH_TEXT", GC.getPromotionInfo(ePromotion).getExtraStrengthChange()));
	}
/* Additional Strength Mod - By Orion Veteran    END                                            */
I have not tried negative numbers. You might want to experiment with a unit and see what it does.
I haven't merged the code so far, this is a screenshot directly from the mod within the downloadable file.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed that there is no CvGameCoreDLL.dll file included in the download, so no wonder that I had this problem. I will try to merge the code and create a CvGameCoreDLL.dll on my own.

Turns out that you were right. The effects show up in a promoted unit, but not the text for the promotion. I'm working the issue.
That is a bit of a relief for me since I created some CvGameCoreDLL.dll files yesterday and couldn't get the text show up. Thought the error was on my side, since it is quite some time ago since I created my last CvGameCoreDLL.dll file.

Will be waiting for your update now. :)

That is a bit of a relief for me since I created some CvGameCoreDLL.dll files yesterday and couldn't get the text show up. Thought the error was on my side, since it is quite some time ago since I created my last CvGameCoreDLL.dll file.

Will be waiting for your update now. :)

Much has changed in the SDK. Everything now works and the download has been updated with the new files.

Much has changed in the SDK. Everything now works and the download has been updated with the new files.
Thanks, the entry in the "Special Abilities" works now. :goodjob: For negative entries it looks like +-1 :strength: by the way.

However, the promotion does not seem to have any effect once given to a unit:
Spoiler :

Since it is a normal warrior, it should have a strength of 3 with the promotion.

Again, I created a CvGameCoreDLL.dll using only your mod.

Attachments

• no_extra_strength.jpg
    no_extra_strength.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 479
Thanks, the entry in the "Special Abilities" works now. :goodjob: For negative entries it looks like +-1 :strength: by the way.

However, the promotion does not seem to have any effect once given to a unit:
Spoiler :

Since it is a normal warrior, it should have a strength of 3 with the promotion.

Again, I created a CvGameCoreDLL.dll using only your mod.

I designed the mod to work only with positive numbers, which works effectively now with the new code changes.

Code:
if (iStrengthChange > 0)

I designed the mod to work only with positive numbers, which works effectively now with the new code changes.

Code:
if (iStrengthChange > 0)
Okay, fair enough. The screenshot above is from a unit with the "Extra Strength" promotion though, so it should have a strength of 3, not 2.

Okay, fair enough. The screenshot above is from a unit with the "Extra Strength" promotion though, so it should have a strength of 3, not 2.

Here is an image of a warrior that has the Extra Strength promotion. As you can see the strength has increased by +1:

Attachments

• Warrior.jpg
    Warrior.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 176
Here is an image of a warrior that has the Extra Strength promotion. As you can see the strength has increased by +1:
Hm, okay, that is strange. I will have to look into my files again then. Did you gave the promotion to the unit via World Builder or the normal in-game way?

Announcing the release of OGI 3.09

:dance::bounce::banana::woohoo:

The OGI309Setup.exe Installation file and the FPK art file have been posted for download.

Note: The mod won't run without the FPK file. :nope: So make sure you install it after you run the EXE file.

See the following link for a detailed break down of all changes in this version.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13380

Top Bottom