Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I owe the government WHAT???? BASTARDS!!!
They told us we are generating revenue when we are borrowing?

Am I missing something? (Sucks at economics)

Public debt is (according to wikipedia) ANY debt owed by the government to anyone, including to people within the nation. So if the Singaporean government borrows from a Singaporean bank, that becomes part of the public debt.

Edit: For reference here is a list of nations by external debt (note that this one counts both that owed by private citizens and the government). And here by public debt.

Public debt is (according to wikipedia) ANY debt owed by the government to anyone, including to people within the nation. So if the Singaporean government borrows from a Singaporean bank, that becomes part of the public debt.

Edit: For reference here is a list of nations by external debt (note that this one counts both that owed by private citizens and the government). And here by public debt.

Singapore doesnt have public debt. Or at least negible debt. Its all external.

The world according to CFC-OT, first draft. Anyone want to add to this?

:goodjob: :lol:

You should also add something about the Iranian nutjob and the Central/East Europe Debate. Oh yeah, and Usa #1.

And have Utah as "Arcadia" and label it "Mormon State"

And have a large random island in the Atlantic and label it "downtown"

And label Madagascar as "Fifty"

Attachments

• AlterepMap.PNG
    AlterepMap.PNG
    301.3 KB · Views: 360
It is the Ottoman Empire at the time of Suleiman, I think.

What's with the weird names? :) Just wondering.

And... Why does it show Wallachia and Moldova as inside the Ottoman Empire?? In 1462, the date it seems to think Wallachia was "acquired", it was ruled by Radu cel Frumos (Radu the Handsome)! Who was, admittedly, pro-Turkish, but who was his own prince in his own country, certainly not a governor or anything like that! (otherwise, explain the big "border taxes" scandal that got him in trouble - if he was inside the Ottoman Empire, where was that border on the Danube??).

He came to power in 1462 after the end of the main reign of a certain Vlad III Tepes, you might have heard of him. ;) Afterwards, he was succeeded by Basarab Laiota cel Batran (and they played back and forth with the throne for quite a while), after which Vlad Tepes took power again, for a short period of time.

How exactly does this all fit with the political UNreality described on that map?

Also, Poland is showed as turkish protectorate since 1573.
Let me explain that: after the death of Sigismund II August, the Jagiellon dinasty came to an end,
although sisters of the deceased monarchs were still alive. Polish-lithuanian gentry was to choose new king. There were two strong candidates, as usual it was a Habsburg, and a Frenchman. Ottomans declared support for the Frenchman (Henri Valois, future Henri III of France). As "their" candidate won, Turks viewed that as accepting their overlordship...
which was obviously not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom