Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has Laos ever done for anyone? South Vietnam is much better:p
I like southern Vietnam too. Doesn't mean you can't have Laos at the SAME TIME :crazyeye:

China should be balkanized more to look good on that balkanized map.

I split China mostly along ethnic lines(Hence the fall of the Uighur, Tibetan, Mongolian and Korean areas), and then I split the remaining Han along linguistic lines... since my maps showed most of the remainder of China being both Han AND Mandarin, it was a bit difficult to split it up and yet keep the theme I had used to severe the other parts from it...

I like southern Vietnam too. Doesn't mean you can't have Laos at the SAME TIME :crazyeye:

Laos makes Siamistan more beefier and we should call South Vietnam The Ho Chi Minh Republic just to be ironic.

I split China mostly along ethnic lines(Hence the fall of the Uighur, Tibetan, Mongolian and Korean areas), and then I split the remaining Han along linguistic lines... since my maps showed most of the remainder of China being both Han AND Mandarin, it was a bit difficult to split it up and yet keep the theme I had used to severe the other parts from it...

Language is certainly not a thing to unite the rump China, since Mandarin is also heavily dialect-sectioned. For example, the Manchurian Mandarin (a fork from Shandong and Hebei) dialect is quite different from Sichuan dialect. Anyway, China would end up more likely divided by provinces.

Spoiler :

Percentage of people in Europe who said: "I don't believe there is any sort of spirit, God or life force."

I hereby declare that all EU decisions related to ethics, morale and religion should by made by a council of France, the Czech Republic, Sweden and Estonia. Britain is excluded because of its spineless attitude and appeasement of radical religious groups on its territory.

I hereby declare that all EU decisions related to ethics, morale and religion should by made by a council of France, the Czech Republic, Sweden and Estonia. Britain is excluded because of its spineless attitude and appeasement of radical religious groups on its territory.

Well, way to show the true color of our EU defender...

Regional instability, environmental stresses, foreign interference and global economic crises in the second and third decades of the 21st century led to the collapse of ASEAN and a regional arms race.

Thailand became the first South East Asian casualty in this increasingly tense and dangerous period. Around this time, Thailand was embroiled in chronic internal infighting between rival political factions as well as separatist movements. Thailand was so affected by various natural disasters, including the destruction to Bangkok from Typhoon May. In the 2030s a nationalist faction was elected into government and began pursuing a belligerent foreign policy to revive national pride. However, the country was in no shape for war and when yet another skirmish erupted along the Thailand-Myanmar border, Myanmar launched a full-scale invasion of Thailand.

Laos, Cambodia and Malaysia soon joined the war against Thailand, forming the infamously short-lived "Yangon Pact". While the Thai Army was initially successful in pushing back Myanman forces in the west, the entry of Laos, Cambodia and Malaysia caught the Thais off guard. The effect of the years of disunity and poor government was beginning to show. Soon much of northern and eastern Thailand and all of southern Thailand was lost.

In the First Partition of Thailand, the humiliating Treaty of Chantaburi awarded northern and western Thailand to Myanmar, parts of eastern Thailand (including ethnic Khmer areas) to Cambodia, while the Isan provinces to Laos. Only a rump Thai state remained centered on the Chao Praya valley. Malaysia refused to sign the treaty but annexed parts of southern Thailand anyway, which became the states of Pattani and Singora. The rest of Malaysian-occupied Southern Thailand declared autonomy from Bangkok. A group of warlords based at Phitsanulok also set up their own regime, autonomous in all but name. To add salt to the injury, Vietnam demanded, and received, Chonburi and Rayong (including the airbase at U Tapao), much to the annoyance of the Yangon Pact.

Then why do you exclude Britain from the list when she shows the same color as France?

Read my previous post - Britain, unlike France or the Czech Rep., appeases religion way too much (and not just Islam, even though that's the most insane part).

Franco-Czech-Estonian-Swedish directorate would bring a much needed common sense and reason to European debates about these matters :)

I guess free choice takes the back seat then, huh? Great plan.

Read my previous post - Britain, unlike France or the Czech Rep., appeases religion way too much (and not just Islam, even though that's the most insane part).

Franco-Czech-Estonian-Swedish directorate would bring a much needed common sense and reason to European debates about these matters :)

Yeah I think its pretty fair to say the Swedish attitude towards the rest of the world and religion dosent have much in common with yours Winner.

¡Aragón en el año 1429! (Aragon in the year 1429!)

I'll post maps from that game as time goes by, or if I see anything particularly interesting(such as Uber-Urbino in Italy).

What ugly borders

Worry not, for I shall soon fix all the borders! A quick war with Castilla-Portugal will fix everything!

Worry not, for I shall soon fix all the borders! A quick war with Castilla-Portugal will fix everything!

I'm fairly certain that Europa Universalis maps were banned from this thread.

I'm fairly certain that Europa Universalis maps were banned from this thread.

An official, moderator ban? :confused: I searched the thread, I can't seem to find any moderator actions inside the whole darn thing. If you could find me the post saying they're not allowed, please show me. Until then, I'm afraid I'll have to post undeterred, though I'll try to limit the new maps to every 2 or 3 decades to avoid overcrowding the thread with them.

Then why do you exclude Britain from the list when she shows the same color as France?

Britain isn't the same colour as France. :confused: It's a hue lighter.

I don't think letting the French decide more than they already do is the way to go... :crazyeye:

An official, moderator ban? :confused: I searched the thread, I can't seem to find any moderator actions inside the whole darn thing. If you could find me the post saying they're not allowed, please show me. Until then, I'm afraid I'll have to post undeterred, though I'll try to limit the new maps to every 2 or 3 decades to avoid overcrowding the thread with them.

Not this thread, but the last Altered Maps thread, as they were starting to take over. A few are probably fine, but not an excessive amount.

¡Aragón en el año 1429! (Aragon in the year 1429!)

I'll post maps from that game as time goes by, or if I see anything particularly interesting(such as Uber-Urbino in Italy).

LOL! Madrid is under our control!!!

BTW, why didn't you say "Aragó l'any 1429"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom