Deity Culture Victory Guide

Religion is not necessary, but you need faith generation; and that depends a lot on luck on which AIs decide to spread to your cities; if you get a religion that has zero faith generation and have no religious CS, chances are you're going to be missing out on a few faith-bought GP.

You can also found a religion but keep it only in your holy city (for divine inspiration and your selected pantheon, if anything) while letting your other cities take another AIs religion for the shared religion bonuses.

IG is extremely unreliable unlike WF since AIs consistently put effort into it, winning it on deity relies on no AIs not being able to make/conquer 30 cities and crush you in the hammers department.

I absolutely agree. But not going Piety and not having/being given a religious pantheon can only get you that much faith and a religion can really change that only with some luck. And on Deity, while you do need luck, you shouldn't rely on it. However, the maths say you can easily save up enough faith to buy 2 great musicians with 4 temples and one religious CS ally, which is all you need if you follow any of the listed gameplans, including my own. Of course, a Pagoda/Mosque/Monastery might be a setback but it pays itself off in the long run and you end up with net happiness and culture.

Of course, you can also be crazy lucky and roll a crap ton of wine as Ethiopia to put up Tradition/Piety/Goddess of Festivals/Monasteries :D

As for IG, the only thing you need to do is make sure everyone else is doing as much fighting as they can, meaning you could spend your gpt, all of it. IF you don't win, it's not as much a loss as not winning the WF, granted, but I honestly doubt you can lose if you kick out close to 4000 hammers, like I did in that game.

To answer the other post, Sistine is often gone by turn 150 on Standard speed and I find Sistine much more useful than Uffizi, like I mentioned plenty of times already.

I came back to say that I finally figured out Deity CV after watching Acken. It is just a hyper Science victory(basically rushing to Internet tech and hotels) and so far I have successful in my deity CV attempts following his strategy.

Still can't get a CV!!

I can win any victory type on Immortal pretty easily, but I step up to Deity and can only win Science or Diplo. Can't win Domination or CV. I've been reading this thread and get so confused with all of the various strategies and wonder if they still work with new patches etc. The OP seems impossible to me, if I try to get the wonders I suffer so much in other areas I fall way behind.

My basic frustration is the usual one - how to keep ahead in science while also having just enough faith, keeping other civs from DoW, getting culture. When I have achieved a science lead and start ramping up culture, my neighbors either DoW or even grab territory with GG. And my military is never strong enough to respond. Basically, I am running in circles!

Is there an updated guide?

Still can't get a CV!!

I can win any victory type on Immortal pretty easily, but I step up to Deity and can only win Science or Diplo. Can't win Domination or CV. I've been reading this thread and get so confused with all of the various strategies and wonder if they still work with new patches etc. The OP seems impossible to me, if I try to get the wonders I suffer so much in other areas I fall way behind.

My basic frustration is the usual one - how to keep ahead in science while also having just enough faith, keeping other civs from DoW, getting culture. When I have achieved a science lead and start ramping up culture, my neighbors either DoW or even grab territory with GG. And my military is never strong enough to respond. Basically, I am running in circles!

Is there an updated guide?

I think you just have to bribe all your neighbours to go to war. AI doesn't declare war on you normally if they are at war. Just make sure you note when they make peace so that you bribe them to fight someone else.

I think you just have to bribe all your neighbours to go to war. AI doesn't declare war on you normally if they are at war. Just make sure you note when they make peace so that you bribe them to fight someone else.

Another approach is to look forward to those invasions. It isn't that hard to set up AI traps where their units go to die and your units compile XP (and sometimes gold, culture, or faith depending on Civ/SP). Sooner or later they run out of units and you can even grab a couple of free cities in counter-attack, even when you are playing "peaceful".

I put a lot of defensive consideration into city placement just for this reason.....this was one of the toughest lessons for me to learn when moving up to Deity.

Another approach is to look forward to those invasions. It isn't that hard to set up AI traps where their units go to die and your units compile XP (and sometimes gold, culture, or faith depending on Civ/SP). Sooner or later they run out of units and you can even grab a couple of free cities in counter-attack, even when you are playing "peaceful".

I put a lot of defensive consideration into city placement just for this reason.....this was one of the toughest lessons for me to learn when moving up to Deity.

Or, play a domination assisted CV and just kill everyone who has the great works of art you covet.
I bet if the human player was an AI, and you were the cultural runaway, it will say...
"They covet lands you currently own!"
"You built wonders they coveted!"
"You ignored their request not to settle near your lands!"
"You have chosen to follow Order, but they have chosen to follow Autocracy."
"They have denounced us!"
"We have denounced them!"

Top Bottom