Will Hitler be seen in a more positive way in the far future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose there would be some, but Latin American's don't have the holocaust and other atrocities of the Second World War shoved down their throats like we do in North America and Europe.

Latin Americans are also more likely to name their child with their paternal grandfather's middle name or whatnot. Names like Adolfo could survive generation to generation like that. (Especially given the large initial German migration)

Actually thinking about this made me curious. Are there any other names that are now frowned up/banned/not used due to some historical event or person?
You don't see a lot of kids named Judas running around.

What do you think my name is...

What do you think my name is...
I just naturally assumed your name was Masada, because it's a lot easier than assuming you actually have a real name. I also like to assume Plotinus teaches under the name Plotinus, even though I know he doesn't. If your real name is Judas, or better yet, Judas Hitler, I'll be very entertained.

One of my mom's friends from New York has the last name of Hitler.
Needless to say, 99% of people have the reaction of "OMG! Hitler!?" when they meet them.

Picture them trying to get something done by phone.
"Hi, I'm John Hitler, and I need to..."
"beep beep beep.."

Mr. Hitler... uhm, Hilter!

What'd you think of Mr. Hilter's policies?

He's right, you know that?

Judas Trotsky Hitler Esquire reporting for service, sir.

One of my mom's friends from New York has the last name of Hitler.
Needless to say, 99% of people have the reaction of "OMG! Hitler!?" when they meet them.

Someone should really tell him to change his name.

Someone should really tell him to change his name.

He should become a billionaire philanthropist while retaining the name Hitler, so that the name 'Hitler' may gain a positive reputation.

I am sure in the distant future when some developer decides to revive the Civilization franchise, they'll have Hitler as a leaderhead.

ever played the LotM scenario in Civ III ? Well , if Adolf ever gets into Civ XXXVIII , it will be only because the developers will want to polish his name and soon they will discover their committal of a great sin against their cherished idol . For , Sauron is almost always , well , funny in Civ .

adolf will be remembered , if not for Holocaust , then for Holocaust used as a justification for Israeli actions , which tend to get beyond normal policing , even invading : Doubt anybody will succeed in making him popular ...

One news paper article said that Hitler's brother, or some other close relative, I'm not so sure which one, moved to New York and changed his name to Hiller.

ı believe a cousin of Adolf campaigned for years to get into military service for years as a Hitler and was allowed into USN in 1944 . The general tendencies suggest all of his male relatives in the US had themselves sterilized , for some reason .

Isn't that in large part due to the fact they don't really teach about the Holocaust over there?

I'm not sure, but I have heard of people opening Hitler/Nazi themed restaurants, and not thinking much of it in terms of that being a big no-no.

I think it's mainly here in the west that Hitler gets a bad rep.

If Hitler is ever to get a more positive reputation in the West, he will be treated first and foremost as an object of comedy. In some ways, he already gets that kind of treatment considering the zillions of Untergang parodies on the internet.

Note: This is just an example of Hitler meme. I, in no way, deny the holocaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom