How to tech fast?

:c5science: is directly proportional to :c5citizen: so growth is very important. Consider sending all your caravans/cargo ships to your capital as that needs to grow sharpish. Once it reaches 30 :c5citizen: or so you can distribute them out. Additionally an empire that builds both Colossus and Petra has the potential to have 6 trade routes early on. Settle next mountains if possible as that gives +%50 to the base :c5science: of a city, remember mountainous NW count for observatories.
Assuming a 4 city Tradition opening consider Commerce next as unlocking Mercantilism allows for the rush buying of :c5science: buildings quicker. You can build the Oracle timing it to finish the turn you Research Civil Service.
Consider rushing Big Ben with a GE to compliment Mercantilism so labs are only 810 :c5gold: (non order civ).

Build PETRA and COLOSSUS?
all that focussing on science building!!

Last time I built both I was probably playing King (even prince)...
That said, Il like the idea...

Yeah that t164 game was pre-patch, but by t100 you're like 3 eras ahead of AIs on Settler, so it would've been impossible to trigger that bug anyway wouldn't it?

Settler is irrelevant to the rest of the game though due to the reduced tech costs, the super OP ruins (particularly as the Shoshone), unlimited happiness etc. From what I remember the biggest game changer was getting enough workers early to improve the tiles fast enough, as the cities grow very quickly. I think t164 is very beatable actually, it's just that not too many people play on Settler. Can't blame them really. :)

by t100 you're like 3 eras ahead of AIs on Settler, so it would've been impossible to trigger that bug anyway wouldn't it?

I don’t think that is a factor. It happened when you ignore part of the tech tree, which is common on great plains maps like the in the post.

Build PETRA and COLOSSUS?
all that focussing on science building!!

Last time I built both I was probably playing King (even prince)...
That said, Il like the idea...
In my last 2 Emperor games I've gotten both. The last one which wasn't on spectacular dirt the Petra city settled Mt Sinai and I only wanted Petra for the early extra trade route as I was going for a SV(which I got on t251).
What I did was research Pottery then Sailing. Because i was Spain I rush bought the settler. The cap build queue was scout/scout/monument/granary/cargo-ship(sent to Mt Sinai city)/library/NC/Colossus. The Petra city was moment/library/granary/settler/settler/Petra. All done before t90.

It happened when you ignore part of the tech tree, which is common on great plains maps like the in the post.

It only happened when you burned GS just before finishing tech (eg industrialisation) and then locked very cheap techs eg sailing, optics, etc. If he locked same or more expensive tech then the bug wasn't present.

It really better to look at his screenshot then speak judgements without knowing his game. What I see from screenshot are four over 30 pop cities and over 1300 bpt - really not need for exploit science overflow bug.

Top Bottom