AI Diplomacy in MP

Asatruar

Chieftain
Is the AI contacting anyone else in MP because we are not being contacted by the AI. Any advice? Thanks.

Civ 5 had the same problem. BE's multiplayer seems to be a simple port over from that, so don't expect anything until someone mods it.

The AIs don't initiate contact in BE, same as in Civ5. They do declare war though.

I assume this is because the devs made the MP AIs overall thinner -- fewer decisions to make so less processing time between turns and less information to sync between players. The MP AIs are generally much worse than SP.

This is what I came to find out.

I won't be purchasing BE until (Hah like it will be ever) this is fixed.

Pretty weak that this is still the case.

This is what I came to find out.

I won't be purchasing BE until (Hah like it will be ever) this is fixed.

Pretty weak that this is still the case.

What really kills me is there is a mod (here) that can be used to fix this issue. Yet here we are in BE release and the AI still can't do this. Let alone the other one million problems with the AI, that mods in civ 5, address.

I just commented on that mod thread asking JdH the creator of that mod if he would please update his mod to fix the BE problems.. Maybe he will... I wish someone would. thanks.

I just commented on that mod thread asking JdH the creator of that mod if he would please update his mod to fix the BE problems.. Maybe he will... I wish someone would. thanks.

That guy left the modding scene ages ago.

What really kills me is there is a mod (here) that can be used to fix this issue. Yet here we are in BE release and the AI still can't do this. Let alone the other one million problems with the AI, that mods in civ 5, address.

I know it is just pure laziness. This is the first proper civ game/expansion I will have not purchased. And I bloody love AC too so this should have been a slam dunk.

I wonder if the multiplayer AI is lobotomised in any other ways, or if it's just diplomacy.

In MP game it would be impolite to make AI pester human players when you want to spend the time primarily with your friends.

In MP game it would be impolite to make AI pester human players when you want to spend the time primarily with your friends.

Disagree. I play with one other human player most of the time and the AI never contacting you cuts out a fair bit of gameplay.

When I play multiplayer Civ, I want the same experience I get when playing singleplayer Civ, except with some or all of the AIs replaced by humans. It's silly that we have to make mods to get that.

Disagree. I play with one other human player most of the time and the AI never contacting you cuts out a fair bit of gameplay.

When I play multiplayer Civ, I want the same experience I get when playing singleplayer Civ, except with some or all of the AIs replaced by humans. It's silly that we have to make mods to get that.

This.

I was out hunting to see if this was the case because son and I both got BE for Christmas and have been greatly enjoying our MP game together.

We somehow managed to end up on a continent mostly with just us so it's been even more fun, but it would be nice if the AI was a bit threatening.

Odd though, because I remember when we were playing Civ V he'd get harassed by an AI and we eventually both went to war with that particular AI. I then was asked to go to war with an AI by another AI... so I recall being contacted in Civ V during MP, just haven't been in BE yet.

Of course, could part of it be our starting locations? We're both so far away from AI that the AI has no reason to contact us?

Edit: Son and I talked about this and he recalls the same. A very small amount of Civ V AI contact but usually we were the ones starting the contact and no AI contact in BE yet, even though we've been doing covert ops on them relentlessly.

This.

I was out hunting to see if this was the case because son and I both got BE for Christmas and have been greatly enjoying our MP game together.

We somehow managed to end up on a continent mostly with just us so it's been even more fun, but it would be nice if the AI was a bit threatening.

Odd though, because I remember when we were playing Civ V he'd get harassed by an AI and we eventually both went to war with that particular AI. I then was asked to go to war with an AI by another AI... so I recall being contacted in Civ V during MP, just haven't been in BE yet.

Of course, could part of it be our starting locations? We're both so far away from AI that the AI has no reason to contact us?

Edit: Son and I talked about this and he recalls the same. A very small amount of Civ V AI contact but usually we were the ones starting the contact and no AI contact in BE yet, even though we've been doing covert ops on them relentlessly.

Without using mods, the AI will not initiate deals in multiplayer Civ 5 or Beyond Earth. It will do so in singleplayer or in hotseat. Aside from that, all it's capable of doing is declaring war.

Without using mods, the AI will not initiate deals in multiplayer Civ 5 or Beyond Earth. It will do so in singleplayer or in hotseat. Aside from that, all it's capable of doing is declaring war.

That explains it. Our first game was hotseat because he didn't have his own Civ V license at the time.

I am not one to bring back old dead threads, but this is still on the front page, so figured its cool!

This is the single reason i still won't buy the game, once it is patched into the game, or a mod comes out.

Same thing held me back for years with civ5!

But there is now an AWESOME mod for civ5, 100% multiplayer with AI who makes contact.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=215112942

The ONLY downside is, you don't get a popup, you get an alert, that you have to open. Like when your city grows, or a unit died, but it is one that is stating the AI is trying to contact you.
Asking to not settle near them, to keep your relegion to yourself to ask if you are planning on declaring war, etc.

All negitive modifiers also work properly, so if you say you mean no harm when you have their army next to them, then declare in a turn later, everyone hates you for it. Or if you promise to not spy, and then you keep on spying.

I hope this mod comes out for civBE one day :D

Anyone with Rising Tide able to confirm if AI players can contact humans in multiplayer yet?

Anyone with Rising Tide able to confirm if AI players can contact humans in multiplayer yet?

I can confirm after playing a full MP team game today that AIs do indeed make contact to offer agreements etc. just as they would in a single player game.

A few thoughts:

• Diplomacy in multiplayer actually works now because of this. You can satisfy AI demands and cooperate/ally with them just as you would in a single player game and reap all the usual benefits. In short: it's much better, except...
  • If playing a cooperative game with human players you can break the game pretty badly by signing permanent ally-level agreements with your team mates... ARC and Chungsu working together anyone?... It's pretty busted.
  • You still need to spend diplomatic capital to reach allied status with team mates- you don't start the game "allied".
  • The diplomacy dialog looks the same as it does for the single player game only without a fear/respect meter. Didn't try sanctioning each other- I assume you can't do that though...
  • Possible bug: If your teammate makes peace (even if it's a white peace) with one of your team's current AI opponents, it appears to gift the surrendering AI's cities/reparations to you as if you'd settled for the full amount.
  • The ability to share energy and strategic resources etc. with your teammates has been removed completely as part of the new diplomacy system.
  • Sending a trade route to a fellow player's city counts as an internal trade route- no strategic resource sharing there either.

Top Bottom