Current v1.13 Development Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also can't research anymore, instead you get technologies at historically appropriate times.

If human Byzantium settles South Africa it can have a much better score than avoiding it. So why should historicity be penalised?

New commit: New Statesman art and icons.

I just tried a Greek game on regent, and Babylon built the oracle in Shushan on turn 72. I'm on a rather recent SVN (Polynesia is playable). I'll have to reload and I may have just been unlucky but maybe you could reduce Babylon's wonder production rate, they also have the sphinx in Babilu.

I would just play the latest SVN if I were you, might fix some of your problems. Babylonia doesn't get as ridiculous in most games I've played, thanks to a couple changes with them and a buffed Persia.

Handful of bugs noticed in the past two games I've played as America 1700 AD scenario:

1. For some reason, in both games, I check up on Japan in the early 20th century to find it hasn't gained a single tech from what it started with. In fact, in one game I got enough espionage to see what it was researching and it just wasn't researching anything. Both games, once I gifted a tech to Japan it started researching things. Unfortunately I forgot to make a save pre-gift, but I do have a save file with a technologically illiterate 20th century Japan that has finally started researching things, if you want it and it might help you.

2. In one of my city's tooltip bar for training a spy, it says a new spy should gain +2 EXP from intelligence agency, +2 EXP from Standing Army and +4 EXP from the great generals I've nested in there. However, whenever I train a spy I've noticed it only gets the bonus EXP from the intelligence agency. It would make sense to me that spies shouldn't get bonuses from GG's or Standing Army, but if that's the case you should take it out of the tooltip to make it less ambiguous.

3. Canada's Soviet vassal name is "Soviet England." I find that kind of confusing.

4. Given the British city placement in the 1700 AD scenario, there is an oil off the eastern coast of the isles that neither Edinburgh nor London can extend to. I suggest moving the oil in one tile so you don't have to build a third city in the middle of Great Britain to get it.

4. Given the British city placement in the 1700 AD scenario, there is an oil off the eastern coast of the isles that neither Edinburgh nor London can extend to. I suggest moving the oil in one tile so you don't have to build a third city in the middle of Great Britain to get it.

It is meant for Norway.

Handful of bugs noticed in the past two games I've played as America 1700 AD scenario:

1. For some reason, in both games, I check up on Japan in the early 20th century to find it hasn't gained a single tech from what it started with. In fact, in one game I got enough espionage to see what it was researching and it just wasn't researching anything. Both games, once I gifted a tech to Japan it started researching things. Unfortunately I forgot to make a save pre-gift, but I do have a save file with a technologically illiterate 20th century Japan that has finally started researching things, if you want it and it might help you.
That is indeed weird, and would explain Japan's backwardsness in most games. I'll look into it.

2. In one of my city's tooltip bar for training a spy, it says a new spy should gain +2 EXP from intelligence agency, +2 EXP from Standing Army and +4 EXP from the great generals I've nested in there. However, whenever I train a spy I've noticed it only gets the bonus EXP from the intelligence agency. It would make sense to me that spies shouldn't get bonuses from GG's or Standing Army, but if that's the case you should take it out of the tooltip to make it less ambiguous.
Yes, it's a tooltip problem, apparently I didn't adapt all aspects of BUG to the new rules.

3. Canada's Soviet vassal name is "Soviet England." I find that kind of confusing.
Noted.

Late game is never balanced since original RFC. It's always hard to tech AI, and players always have many ways to maximize pros. We never had to worry about losing a city in 'normal' war -- other than scripted conquerors and initial flips. In most cases we only have to keep basic defense against AI. I don't think we can solve this problem via simple modify.

Late game is never balanced since original RFC. It's always hard to tech AI, and players always have many ways to maximize pros. We never had to worry about losing a city in 'normal' war -- other than scripted conquerors and initial flips. In most cases we only have to keep basic defense against AI. I don't think we can solve this problem via simple modify.

Keep posting these messages and Leoreth will drop player's unit production modifier to half if not 1/3. :scared:

Keep posting these messages and Leoreth will drop player's unit production modifier to half if not 1/3. :scared:

Nerfing player is always a bad option unless reasonable. Actually I enjoyed being OP. But, in original RFC, the city number penalty forced me not to expand too much, and encouraged me to keep relations with AI. There were times I did get several teches via the Internet, now I never need it anymore, I can solely research all by myself after I stole last tech (the new great spy system is really very powerful). Maybe I should try a non-conquest European game and see how would it goes, but I just can't resist...

So what's this new statesman I keep hearing about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom