Thing I learned about the world thru Civ4

233. The world will end in 2050, no matter what else is happening.

I have a sinking feeling that somebody is going to take that seriously. Like the Mayan Calendar in 2012 or the radio preacher from a month ago. I'll be 90 then, so I probably won't see it in OT.

I have a sinking feeling that somebody is going to take that seriously. Like the Mayan Calendar in 2012 or the radio preacher from a month ago. I'll be 90 then, so I probably won't see it in OT.

stay cool man; you can always beg for just one more turn...:cool:

few months ago I have watched some scientist who study Maya for decades explaining that the End of the world theory is total misinterpretation: it shouldnt be 2012 but 2116 and its not end of the world but end of some sort of "time cycle".

234. forgiveness has not been invented yet. If you declare war on somebodys former friend who is know his enemy you still cant be forgiven even if it happened milleniums ago

235. Fighters and Bombers don't move (unless you have airports), they just go on bombing runs that are less than 100M from the city, then return to base.

236. Planes can not cross mountains, no matter how high they are flying.

237. Redcoats were the only gunpowder units who actually used their bayonetts.

238. Planes can only land in cities or on aircraft carriers, but never towns or desolate landing strips.

239. Artists, spies, military instructors, scientists, engineers, and merchants have no names unless they are great.

Experience accumulated by a unit is cumulative over thousands of years. Your modern day armored division is more effective than other armored divisions if it can trace its lineage back to an ancient chariot force. Somehow, things like discipline and combat toughness gained by those chariots back in 2000 BC flow down through the ages to your tanks in the 21st century.

241. Archers never use the bow they carry to shoot but prefer to fight with their daggers.
242. We should become environmentalists because windmills will make us rich and buses healthy

One could only credibly believe the Mayan calendar end date of 2012 AD if one also believes its beginning date of 3114 BC. Dinosaur fossils are what give me plausible optimism for a continuance of life past the next year and a half.

248. In feudal societies, once a feudal lord took on a vassal it was impossible for him to get rid of the vassal. But a vassal could decide to no longer be a vassal, on a whim.

Experience accumulated by a unit is cumulative over thousands of years. Your modern day armored division is more effective than other armored divisions if it can trace its lineage back to an ancient chariot force. Somehow, things like discipline and combat toughness gained by those chariots back in 2000 BC flow down through the ages to your tanks in the 21st century.

This isn't completely crazy.... think Swiss Guards, the British Household Division, etc. Morale matters.

^ :lol:

Best one yet :D

250. Despite of what wikipedia says, freemasonry ought to be founded ca. 3000BC, because free Masonry can only be obtained from a goody hut.

:lol::lol::goodjob:

Very nice!

251. City population doesn't go down when you draft. It does, however, if you use up slaves to finish a building quickly,

Top Bottom