Leader personality matrix

i still have doubts about the meanings of

* iBasePeaceWeight (what it would take to go to war?)

* iWarmongerRespect (???)

* iNoTechTradeThreshold (how fast the AI trades his techs?)

* iMaxGoldTradePercent (how much gold to spend from the vault?)

* the next 130 traits(!quite a personnality for each one!)

just for fun :
MONTEZUMA
iMaxWarRand 50
iMaxWarNearbyPowerRatio 130
iMaxWarDistantPowerRatio 80 (don't know what that means)
iMaxWarMinAdjacentLandPercent 0

If I understand well, he has every turn a random 50% chance to attack, even a 130% stronger opponent, even without common border!
A real psycho!

add iMakePeaceRand 80 (against 10 for Gandhi), now i understand why he wouldn't make peace, although he was overpowered and far away (couldn't even send troops to me while i had open borders everywhere and could invade)

The specific XML file is long my favorite: have a look to see Napoleon's combination of units to build (40%) and power ratios. I love this guy - always there for a good fight (good for me, of course)!

The ultimate stupidity is that power ratio is calculated in the following way: you get some points for technology and some for the specific units. That means, if you have some longbowmen AI counts them very low, without giving too much importance in the fact that you have researched Rifling (thus you can upgrade them at any moment). So he attacks and ... surprise, no longbowmen are present any more ;).

atreas said:
The specific XML file is long my favorite: have a look to see Napoleon's combination of units to build (40%) and power ratios. I love this guy - always there for a good fight (good for me, of course)!

The ultimate stupidity is that power ratio is calculated in the following way: you get some points for technology and some for the specific units. That means, if you have some longbowmen AI counts them very low, without giving too much importance in the fact that you have researched Rifling (thus you can upgrade them at any moment). So he attacks and ... surprise, no longbowmen are present any more ;).
Acturly, in the Demograph screen, the technology are counted into malitary power.
Soldier number = number from Unit + number from pop + number from tech + number from building (wall, castle)

fengertao said:
Acturly, in the Demograph screen, the technology are counted into malitary power.
Soldier number = number from Unit + number from pop + number from tech + number from building (wall, castle)
I know (there is also a very detailed article about the Demo screen), but I said it isn't valued ENOUGH.

My exact phrase was "you get some points for technology and some for the specific units". I didn't mention the other two parameters because they don't have anything to do with how advanced a civ is.

cabert said:
No kidding, I'm pretty sure there are modifiers/game rules for prince+ levels, as well as for specific ressources. When you see an AI going for Masonry, you know he's got stone or marble. It would make no sense going for Masonry and not using it, would it?

It makes sense to see the AIs trying to build a Pyramid when they get stones. The problem is they go for Pyramid even without it.

In my another game, I use the world editor to moniter AI's behavior on Deity. Here are some interesting findings:

1) Montezuma always try to build some early wonder, no matter he has the bonus resource or not.

2) Almost every single AI tries to build the Pyramid, even though it would take them an eternity to get it (like 150 turns in Marathon). A human player would never try to build a wonder that they have no hope to complete before others do, but the AIs love to do it.

3) As long as an AI has stone, it tries to build a Pyramid. They can build it around 1800 BC. They don't chop forest, but during their random, excessive city improvements they will chop away a few forest "by accident".

maltz said:
In my another game, I use the world editor to moniter AI's behavior on Deity. Here are some interesting findings:

worldbuilder remains the best way to see it from the inside!
thanks for doing this little (? maybe not?) tests :goodjob:

1) Montezuma always try to build some early wonder, no matter he has the bonus resource or not.
OK, so not a random fact here. My feeling is iWonderConstructRand only plays a part on constructions that are not "part of a plan" (which for an AI means that are not implemented per se)

2) Almost every single AI tries to build the Pyramid, even though it would take them an eternity to get it (like 150 turns in Marathon). A human player would never try to build a wonder that they have no hope to complete before others do, but the AIs love to do it.

3) As long as an AI has stone, it tries to build a Pyramid. They can build it around 1800 BC. They don't chop forest, but during their random, excessive city improvements they will chop away a few forest "by accident".

I don't understand you : do they all go for pyramids or only those with stone?

Anyway, it's just showing the fact that pyramids are the most useful wonder in the game... No big news:D

now that the sdk is out, some good modders may try to give us the meaning of those "matrix columns"? I'm still puzzled when i look at those numbers...

cabert said:
What is iWarmongerRespect?

The warmongerers always like each other more than others. If you frequently play with 18 civs, like I do, you quickly realize the warmongerers are always quick to move from cautious to pleased with each other. They respect each other more than they respect non-warmongerers. Note that this is not based on current military strength or your tendency to go to war. It is based on the AI's standard personality. Alex, Genghis, and all the others with warmongerer tendencies will respect each other, improving relations between themselves.

Edit: This knowledge can be used to your benefit when deciding on who to choose for Triangle Diplomacy. If the warmongerers form a block of mutual friends, then who better to target for Triangle Diplomacy or a Permanent Alliance?

I am always trying to figure out who is the "worst enemy" of whom. Does this vary from game to game, or is it fixed, or is it somewhat predictable based on favorite civics or styles? Thanks for any info.

Veritass said:
I am always trying to figure out who is the "worst enemy" of whom.
This can be quite confusing. Sometimes it is obvious (furious with only one civ) but often it isn't. If the relations screen doesn't show an obvious worst enemy, you can often figure it out by doing the math (-4 relations with this civ, -5 with that one, -8 aha!). This isn't always accurate, though, as there are some relationship modifiers that aren't shown for AI to AI relations. Warmongerers have a + modifier for other warmongerers, for example, and you have to take that into account when determining the totals. All other things being about equal, try to remember who was last at war with whom. Often the last civ that was at war with another is the worst enemy. I really wish that when you asked a leader "What do you think of ____" they would reply "They are our worst enemy" if that applied.

are there any updates Matrices like this for Warlords?? :rolleyes:

cabert said:
just for fun :
MONTEZUMA
iMaxWarRand 50
iMaxWarNearbyPowerRatio 130
iMaxWarDistantPowerRatio 80 (don't know what that means)
iMaxWarMinAdjacentLandPercent 0

If I understand well, he has every turn a random 50% chance to attack, even a 130% stronger opponent, even without common border!
A real psycho!
you are right for a Montezuma's opponent that is near or with common borders (iMaxWarNearbyPowerRatio = 130)
The ration goes down to 80 for a far opponent e.g. on an other continent (iMaxWarDistantPowerRatio)

cabert said:
i still have doubts about the meanings of
* iNoTechTradeThreshold (how fast the AI trades his techs?)
I think it's the trechhold when the AI will refuse tech trade with you with the excuse that "you are too advanced". :)

anyway it will be good to have some explanation for all the "tags" inside the excel files.

Kaleb said:
are there any updates Matrices like this for Warlords?? :rolleyes:

I am working on a warlords version of the LeaderHeadInfo.xml but will certainly delay uploading it to after the patch is released...

Edit: Warlords Version

As mentioned by Blake in the other forum (I can't find the quote), Monty's 0 rating under Wonder just means that he has a 0 "oooooh, shiny" factor- he's less likely to build them. 10 means a 10% oooh, shiny factor.. etc.

As mentioned by Blake in the other forum (I can't find the quote), Monty's 0 rating under Wonder just means that he has a 0 "oooooh, shiny" factor- he's less likely to build them. 10 means a 10% oooh, shiny factor.. etc.

Good for Monty. I had trouble getting to Monarch myself until I turned my own Wonder "ooh, shiny" factor to 0.

Well this is an interesting thread. Myself winning sometimes, and losing sometimes on monarch I am definitely curious into getting closer to the inner workings of the AI. Now maybe I can make sense of some of those things that just make no sense, like the AI doing crazy things.

So...anyone care to update this for BTS? Especially considering the new espionage factors?
I have started to do so - but it may take some more time... Currently playing as well :p

Edit: I will post it in the thread linked for both Vanilla and Warlords Versions in my sig - probably in the next two weeks or so...

Top Bottom