RANDOM RANTS XXII: The Angry Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you(we) might have to fight for what was given to you when the other players wake up.

Let's hope the rest of ANTIEDO will back us up...

Perhaps we can get Britain on board due to our shared interest in containing the North American beast.

Canada could be pried off, given that they are more reasonable.

Now we just hope the Eastern Federation and Japan don't join in... though that would give us China as an ally.

...I take this too seriously. :blush:

I'm guessing it's too late to join Imperium Offtopicum now, isn't it?

Not at all! There's still plenty of land. :)

Back on topic, here's a rant: While watching television in my room, I saw what seemed to be a mixture of an ant and spider walking around. It was about 1.5 of a fire ant but had the legs of a spider. I'm very afraid of bugs, spiders generally (aranchophobia or something like that...). So, thinking quickly, I grabbed a flashlight and pointed the light at it, notifying the bug I noticed it. It continued walking around, sometimes coming closer. When it got too close (which for me would be about 3 feet) I hit the flashlight hard against the floor, scaring it, and it worked. The spider froze in its tracks. Once it moved again, I hit the flashlight, unfortunately actually breaking it this time, the inside of the device flying apart. Now, for me the bug killer was the sprayer (Air Wick), and it worked...kind of. So I grabbed the Air Wick can and tested if it had enough spray left.
Unfortunately again this was heard by my mother, who of course didn't care I was afraid and that I just didn't kill it with a Kleenex, and immediately came in my room to see what was going on. When I told her about the bug, she asked for the same flashlight I broke, and I had to give it to her. She inevitably asked, and I told her I broke it by hitting it (not explaining this was to scare the bug). I didn't see the bug anymore, so I told her it was worthless. Then, of course, in the amazing twist of fate, she asked about how I hit the flashlight. I then told her the truth...
She did of course not think that was a good idea, and showed that by exhaling (not the "sigh of relief" exhale).
I'm just mad she has to interfere with a lot of my complicated thoughts and solutions and she seems to never understand them, and expresses that by repeating the same "I don't understand that, I mean, why would you do that?" every two seconds. :mad:

Parents are never understanding. If they were, they wouldn't be parents. :p

...I'd probably have run away screaming like a girl, so kudos to your bravery in actually trying to ward it off.

...now where could it have vanished off to is the question. ;)

Not at all! There's still plenty of land. :)
Yes, but the only big unclaimed lands I see are middle Russia (which is a no), most of Africa (hmm...), and some other parts, but what I'm really looking at is western Australia. Although there may be too many developed nations...will the game restart when there is a new thread?

Parents are never understanding. If they were, they wouldn't be parents. :p

...I'd probably have run away screaming like a girl, so kudos to your bravery in actually trying to ward it off.

...now where could it have vanished off to is the question. ;)

I couldn't run away, because George Lopez was on. And yes, the worst part is knowing you'll probably discover the thing in a worse position...

Would you be interested in joining as Spain, Cambodia, Haiti, or Turkey? We don't mind sharing the claimed territories, PM me or Math for more details.

My cable company internet service has decided to be finicky today. Twice, TWICE today it was down for an hour's length!! If it happens again, Ima about to give Comcast a big screw you and change internet provider! :mad:

My tongue is randomly bleeding. This causes me to taste blood whenever I eat, drink, touch any part of my mouth with my tongue.

Might wanna see a doctor for that...

Rant: I don't know why it took me three years of living here to find out, but apparently, the town I live in is extremely religious. :mad:

Ohio is too far east to be considered midwestern.

Ohio is too far east to be considered midwestern.

Well, I could show you some maps that classify Missouri as Southern, but I'm willing to declare truce, as I've seen what can geographic debates can lead to. Just be warned: I have a weapon of mass awesomeness on my side known as Downtown.

I'd be willing to admit that Missouri COULD be classified as southern, but Ohio CANNOT EVER be classified as midwestern.

Ohio is quintessential midwest. Everything Ohio represents everything midwestern. To think otherwise is sheer insanity.

Fun times in Imperium Offtopicum. The UN has evolved from a claiming device with rule making trimmings to an exclusive tool used to bludgeon people with mob rule.

Screw the powergaming in the first and second installments, but now we're going to outright ditch political simulation in favor of mob rule? Dear god... No, we could do what the game is for: international politics, alliances, tensions, etc. but no. We're going to use the international organizations as bludgeons of mass destruction to change the game whenever it doesn't go our way. Wonderful.

I hereby wish for a time machine, so that I can go back and blow up IOT. It was a horrible idea to start it if it has degenerated into this. No, we could just do what the game's purpose is: negotiate, saber-rattle, you know, actually make it EXCITING and requiring quite a bit of wit.

But no. Mob rule. Screw actual gameplay. Let's just vote to control everything. Also, let's start banning characters who are unpopular, and also vote to redistribute countries, since apparently seizing territory is perfectly fine provided it's done with a 50%+1 vote. No, let's not even make it so that the resolution is ceremonial, and the players would still have to FIGHT for the land in question if they wanted it so bad.

Gah. :rolleyes:

I should have known taking this serious and getting into it would bite me in the butt.

Also allow me to paraphrase my archfoe, Japanese Emperor Joecoolyo, when I say the game gets incredibly boring if it's entirely just everyone coming together in a group hug, rather than massive tensions and incidents ready to trigger world wars.

Fun times in Imperium Offtopicum. The UN has evolved from a claiming device with rule making trimmings to an exclusive tool used to bludgeon people with mob rule.

Screw the powergaming in the first and second installments, but now we're going to outright ditch political simulation in favor of mob rule? Dear god... No, we could do what the game is for: international politics, alliances, tensions, etc. but no. We're going to use the international organizations as bludgeons of mass destruction to change the game whenever it doesn't go our way. Wonderful.

I hereby wish for a time machine, so that I can go back and blow up IOT. It was a horrible idea to start it if it has degenerated into this. No, we could just do what the game's purpose is: negotiate, saber-rattle, you know, actually make it EXCITING and requiring quite a bit of wit.

But no. Mob rule. Screw actual gameplay. Let's just vote to control everything. Also, let's start banning characters who are unpopular, and also vote to redistribute countries, since apparently seizing territory is perfectly fine provided it's done with a 50%+1 vote. No, let's not even make it so that the resolution is ceremonial, and the players would still have to FIGHT for the land in question if they wanted it so bad.

Gah. :rolleyes:

I should have known taking this serious and getting into it would bite me in the butt.

Also allow me to paraphrase my archfoe, Japanese Emperor Joecoolyo, when I say the game gets incredibly boring if it's entirely just everyone coming together in a group hug, rather than massive tensions and incidents ready to trigger world wars.

No! Baby please don't go! Actually I think it's kind of fun. I'm probably going to abstain from the UN vote. While it is our wish to eventually transition Inca into an NPC, we are going to respect what you do with the land, and we feel there are better means than the UN for doing this.

As for a real rant: netflix is being stupid and won't let me watch Dracula. Now I'm going to have to go down to the library to watch this film for my blog. :mad:

No! Baby please don't go! Actually I think it's kind of fun. I'm probably going to abstain from the UN vote. While it is our wish to eventually transition Inca into an NPC, we are going to respect what you do with the land, and we feel there are better means than the UN for doing this.

It's very good ragequit material to say the least.

Never mind all the other reasons I listed.

I think historical analogies are the best answer:

Did the UN vote to make Kuwait independent? Hell no. They voted to authorise several nations to force Iraq to make Kuwait independent.

Similarly, if all these players are so against me having the land, they can pry it from my cold, dead hands. But to actually give the UN so much authority is just stupid. Sadly, that's my mistake, as I'm the one who started the custom...

God I'm such an idiot. :wallbash: <<< That counts as a pretty good self-hating rant right there. I'll have to go find some emo/angsty music to listen to now.

listen to Bob Dylan. That's what I do when I'm feeling depressed.

Rant: I'm full from eating too much yummy Chinese food yesterday.

That's the first time I heard someone put "full" and "Chinese food" in the same sentence :p

I haven't :smug:

I heard their food is kinda meh anyways, at least compared to the real Chinese food places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom