ToT graphics problem

Kumquat

Not an Orange
ToT has the worst graphics I have almost ever seen :lol: Anyhoo it is so bad I cannot seem to get past it and I was wondering if there was a mod that just fixes the graphics? I would rather have civ 1 graphics than ToTs(Civ 1 Snes graphics). I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place for this.

Ah, if there was I never looked into it. I decided I'd rather not trade Civ II's overall looks and functionalities for the portals in ToT.

Not a complete mod yet, but a couple of working animated units for Civ 2 ToT, I made with Mercator´s Sprite Generator, based on reworked Civ 3 units. ToT mustn´t have the worst graphics you have almost ever seen, Kumquat.:)

Link for downloading:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169829&pp=30&page=2

Swordman:

Bowman:

Samurai

Infantry:

Churchill Tank:

In work:

Ironclad:

Mg-gunner:

Not a complete mod yet, but a couple of working animated units for Civ 2 ToT, I made with Mercator´s Sprite Generator, based on reworked Civ 3 units. ToT mustn´t have the worst graphics you have almost ever seen, Kumquat.:)

Well I did say almost :p Its mostly the terrain that gets me, its so dark and bleh(Gets depressing fast). I have played nintendo games with graphics I liked better though :lol: I like the original civ 2 graphics like 10x better maybe I should just stick to it...besides I am starting to miss my wonder movies and even the High Council.

Well I did say almost :p Its mostly the terrain that gets me, its so dark and bleh(Gets depressing fast). I have played nintendo games with graphics I liked better though :lol: I like the original civ 2 graphics like 10x better maybe I should just stick to it...besides I am starting to miss my wonder movies and even the High Council.

And why don´t you change your terrain-graphics? It´s so easy with Civ2 ToT (what is very good).

About the wonder movies. I can remember that there was a situation, when I accidentally let a normal Civ 2 cd in my pc while playing Civ2 ToT and to my astonishment the wonder-films were played in Civ 2ToT, but they had a black frame around the films. This was long ago and I don´t now any details any more.

ToT has the worst graphics I have almost ever seen :lol:
Damned straight, but it also happens to have the best (Civ2) engine for scenario design.

I've got a graphics modpack for the Original game plus a couple of skins for ToT's windows here. The units are not animated.
Well I did say almost :p Its mostly the terrain that gets me, its so dark and bleh(Gets depressing fast).
Yes, I can stand crap terrain far less than crap units; after all, it occupies more of the screen.

Maybe you just need to make your computer screen brighter. But consider the intent of the game: A lot of it takes place in the underground caves, under the ocean, on alien moons, and in outer space. Those places are SUPPOSED to be dark!

Personally, I love CivToT's graphics.

What I don't love is the recent aggravation I discovered trying to play this on my laptop. If I make my numberpad over to enable my units to move properly, it means I have to undo that every time I want to type anything. Now to me, THAT is much more vexing than any graphics issue!

@Civinator: Your units look very cool! :)

Top Bottom