The East Indies

CivLucas here is the file with the civs I have added:

East Indies Additions Mod Mod.rar -- 9.64 MB (10,111,410 bytes) -- hosted at FileFront

Civs I have added:

Hawaii - Leader: Kamehameha I (Animist, Prosperous)
Madagascar - Leader: Radama I (Animist, Sophisticated *new trait*)
Majapahit - Leader: Jayanegara (Hindu, Prosperous)
Samoa - Leader: Titimaea (Animist, Gracious)

On a different note, I notice that the TXT_KEY_TRAIT_AGRICULTURAL_SHORT is missing from the China Game Text file. I corrected it easily by adding:

Code:
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_AGRICULTURAL_SHORT</Tag>
		<English>Agr</English>
		<French>Agr</French>
		<German>Agr</German>
		<Italian>Agr</Italian>
		<Spanish>Agr</Spanish>
	</TEXT>

very cool, thank you CivLucas! I also see that you've added some great new civs for 2.14 I am loving it! and the future aadditions all look fanatastic. I really love this mod *Important note: grossly inappropriate anime fan girl squee noises are NOT being made by the author*

I love this Mod and want to get it working correctly but alas I am not too gifted in coding dept.

I'm embarrassed to ask...but I'm having some trouble (Tag errors for the new Civs) and was wondering do I just place the files in the correct folders or do I have to merge all the XML files for each Civ into the main game one (ie-CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml)? Is it reading from the mods folder initially so I don't have to do that? I'm getting errors about the Tags of some of these new Civs that were added.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

I think putting the files in the stated folders should work, you do have to copy the maps over the existing ones:

Step 1: Paste 'CIV4CivilizationInfos.XML in MODS/The East Indies 2.15/Assets/XML/Civilizations/
Step 2: Paste the 3 maps in 'Extraciv's' in MODS/The East Indies 2.15/Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations/

Never paste anything in the Program files of Civilization, if that's wat you're asking, always in the mod's folder.

I tried it out for myself and it's working fine. Keep in mind the Civ4...Infos.xml needs to be in XML and not in the Modules. And that you don't paste the "Esxtraciv's" map but the 3 maps in the "extraciv's" map.

Hey guys!

I'm new here, and I'd like to ask a quick question. I try to start The East Indies from the shortcut folder, but the following message appears: "The drive or network connection that the shortcut "Civilization IV Colonization- East Indies .lnk" refers to is unavailable. Make sure the disk is proprely inserted or the network resource is available, and than try again".

Any suggestions on how to fix this and run the game with the mod?
I'd really appreciate any replies!

Thanks!! :p

Do you have two hard drives? Because then maybe the shortcut is leading to your Civilization folder in C:\ while on your pc it's actually in D:\ (or any other drive)?

This mod looks absolutely amazing. You deserve an award for it.

However, I'm running on version 2.15 (with the patch and the extra Civs addon) and the game crashes at the loading screen with no explanation as to what's wrong. Has anyone else had this problem and were they able to fix it?

If it's important I'm running Colonization 1.01f on Vista.

This mod looks absolutely amazing. You deserve an award for it.

However, I'm running on version 2.15 (with the patch and the extra Civs addon) and the game crashes at the loading screen with no explanation as to what's wrong. Has anyone else had this problem and were they able to fix it?

If it's important I'm running Colonization 1.01f on Vista.

I don't have Vista myself so I don't know if that's a problem. Did you have the problem without the patch? and without the civs addon?

I've fixed it myself. Re-downloaded the mod and inexplicably, everything works now. It's an amazing mod.

Top Bottom