What happened to the PS3 demo???

bernie77

Chieftain
It's not fair that Xbox gets it and not the PS3:cry: When is the PS3 going to get the demo???:confused:

The PS3 will get the demo in NA only, whenever Sony gets around to updating the PSN Store. Microsoft does it at the beginning fo the day, and I believe Sony usually does it in the evenings.

Yeah but then you still wouldn't be able to play the game, because of RROD...

:lol: yes, because that happens so often now. MS fixed the problem a couple generations of production ago, and it doesn't happen anymore with new systems(and if you do get it with an older system, it gets replaced for free...unlike any problems you have with the PS3)

:lol: yes, because that happens so often now. MS fixed the problem a couple generations of production ago, and it doesn't happen anymore with new systems(and if you do get it with an older system, it gets replaced for free...unlike any problems you have with the PS3)

No problems with my PS3 (or any of my friends for that matter) - though with 0.02% failure rate it hardly comes a surprise:

Sony has never had a failure rate that low on anything they've made...so if it truly is that low, it is truly a modern age wonder!

The only console maker with a reputation for quality is Nintendo, they're failure rate for every system they've made is nearly nonexistent.

The only console maker with a reputation for quality is Nintendo, they're failure rate for every system they've made is nearly nonexistent.

Nintendo is a generation behind PS3 and Xbox, with not even a fraction of the features. In other words - my calculator doesn't break either.

i don't understand why you seem to enjoy slamming the PS3 so much. while i have no idea what the failure rate may be i can tell you i've had no trouble with mine. my PS2 still works just fine also.

Nintendo is a generation behind PS3 and Xbox, with not even a fraction of the features. In other words - my calculator doesn't break either.

Funny, I don't recall anyone saying that the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Game Boy, GBA, or DS were a generation behind, yet they all had nonexistent failure rates as well.

Perhaps it isn't the number of features that matters, but how well a console is made?

i don't understand why you seem to enjoy slamming the PS3 so much. while i have no idea what the failure rate may be i can tell you i've had no trouble with mine. my PS2 still works just fine also.

I generally slam it in response to someone slamming the 360. I don't personally have a problem with the PS3...I plan on owning one someday(when its cheap enough and has games to make it worthwhile), but it isn't anywhere near what Sony claimed it would be in terms of gameplay, graphics, or connectivity.

No one knows what the failure rate for the PS3 is, because the only real numbers out there are 0.02% from Sony(which is obviously a stupid, made-up number), and 40% from a couple European sources(and I have no idea of how accurate they are).

I do know that if you search for "PS3 stopped reading all discs" in google,you'll get a ton of hits, just like when the RROD started for MS. You'll also get enough hits to invalidate Sony's claims of 0.02%(which would be a total of 2600 PS3's failing out of the 13 million they've sold worldwide). The number of hits you get on Google for that error alone is 8.8% of all systems they've sold.

So is it as high as the RROD might have been at one point? probably not(but it is likely to be close to it, I don't believe those 33% rumors either), but it is higher than the 3-5% that should be expected for electronics.

nintendo is where they are by design. it's aimed at a different audience than 360 or PS3. if sales figures are any indication it may have been a good choice for now. i like my Wii.

Probably because some cock said it would be unplayable because of the Red Ring of Death. As if some people are that sad they must put down other consoles. I mean seriously, what the hell.

Thanks dick. Maybe I said it, because somebody else mentioned the thread starter should get Xbox instead of PS3 to play Civ Rev?

Moderator Action: Flaming - warned.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I generally slam it in response to someone slamming the 360. I don't personally have a problem with the PS3...I plan on owning one someday(when its cheap enough and has games to make it worthwhile), but it isn't anywhere near what Sony claimed it would be in terms of gameplay, graphics, or connectivity.

No one knows what the failure rate for the PS3 is, because the only real numbers out there are 0.02% from Sony(which is obviously a stupid, made-up number), and 40% from a couple European sources(and I have no idea of how accurate they are).

I do know that if you search for "PS3 stopped reading all discs" in google,you'll get a ton of hits, just like when the RROD started for MS. You'll also get enough hits to invalidate Sony's claims of 0.02%(which would be a total of 2600 PS3's failing out of the 13 million they've sold worldwide). The number of hits you get on Google for that error alone is 8.8% of all systems they've sold.

So is it as high as the RROD might have been at one point? probably not(but it is likely to be close to it, I don't believe those 33% rumors either), but it is higher than the 3-5% that should be expected for electronics.

Not sure where you get your info from - in either case Sony claims 0.02%, and distributors indicate less than 1% for PS3:
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/take-that,-msoft/ps3-failure-rate-less-than-one-percent-275179.php
In either case much lower than Xbox.

Thanks dick. Maybe I said it, because somebody else mentioned the thread starter should get Xbox instead of PS3 to play Civ Rev?

Well, he should have. :p

But seriously, there's no need for anyone to get angry. Just chill out people. The game is coming. All this pre-CivRev stress is really getting to some people, eh? :p

Thrallia,

good enough response for me. i personally don't understand any of the console vs console or console vs PC arguements. the more games, game makers and systems to play them on the better. it's good for the industry and good for gamers. i don't have a 360 but plan on picking one up (probably from a pawn shop) then there will be nothing i can't play. ps2, ps3, wii or 360. my preferred game system is still my computer. it's hard to break old habits.

Lord Rahl: did you try searching for user's claims of problems? or did you just go by what Sony claims?

that story is old, out of date, and erroneous. The PS3 was only 6 months old at that point, and had nowhere near the library of games the 360 had at that point(thus, less wear and tear on the system) since then, the failure rate has gone up.

I can't believe that anyone still believes anything Sony says after all the blatant lies and PR gaffes they've had over the last 2 years.

Top Bottom