Expansion Packs?

dr.hjonesjr81

Chieftain
Will they make expansion packs for this game? What do you think would be a good expansion pack? I would like to see a "Civil War" Expansion.

I don't they'll ever make an expansion pack. I can see them getting into lots of DLC, but the game mechanics seem to restricting to really make the game any more than it already is (short of new scenarios, civ's and gameplay tweaks).

I do hope that they make a Civilization Revolution II though. Because CivRev seemed like an experiment into the console realm, they now have TONS of feedback to work from, and I'll have my fingers crossed that they make CivRevII.

I doubt they will though. Where can one go and find statistics on how well this game is selling? A lot of people I know are very unenthusiastic about it, and even the civ fanbase prefers the pc games. given this game was meant to draw a new audience, but that's why i'm wondering about the statistic of how well this game is selling....

Well I'd buy it. They should make the maps larger, though. They cram like all the Civs on one little continent.

yeah, thats one thing that they won't do. they designed the entire game around the concept of 'short and sweet.' even with an expansion pack, the size of the map and the # of civs per map, won't change.

I think Civ Rev sold reasonably well. Considering it was the first civ game on a recent console, and considering the complexity of the game, it sold well. A game doesn't really need to sell like a AAA title for there to be a profit or interest in the game. In fact, some AAA titles don't make as much cash as some of the non AAA titles.

Civ Rev 2 would be a buy from me. Give it hotseat play and you've got another 3-4 sales from people I know.

Perhaps they'll make additional downloads, like new civs, maps, and bonus stuff. To be sold on the x360 marketplace.

Doubt there will be an expansion also, download able content via PSN or marketplace will be the way to go.

I'd already sold the game. I don't think an expansion pack (I assume probably in the price range of 9.99 in US dollars in PSN) will do anything to make the playability factor of the game ever more enjoyable.

I doubt they will though. Where can one go and find statistics on how well this game is selling? A lot of people I know are very unenthusiastic about it, and even the civ fanbase prefers the pc games. given this game was meant to draw a new audience, but that's why i'm wondering about the statistic of how well this game is selling....

Civilization Revolution for the 360 was the 10th best selling video game in the US during July selling 147.6K copies according to the NPD report. Don't know about the other versions or latter months.

dude, you want a game that has bigger maps, more civs, and expansions, IT EXISTS, Civ IV
and console games only have DLC, not expansion packs

...the civ fanbase prefers the pc games...

Dude, that is a strong statement. I´m part of the Civ fanbase (played Civ2, 3, and 4 on the PC) and I don´t prefer the PC games. I prefer Civ Rev. I guess I´m not the only one.

And to close off the topic as many other have stated already. Expansion Packs don´t exist on consoles, only on PCs. Consoles have DLC.

What about Elder Scrolls: Oblivion? There was 2 expansion packs for that and it is a console game. What says Civ Rev can't?

Can't really say yhere, as I've never played that game. As a general rule though, console games don't really get expansion packs. Other games ported from computers, like Sim City, and the Sims don't have expansion packs.

What about Elder Scrolls: Oblivion? There was 2 expansion packs for that and it is a console game. What says Civ Rev can't?
Oblivion is MAINLY pc......and if they DO, it'll just be called Civ Rev 2

Top Bottom