Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

Use the diplomacy menu (the D button on the right edge of the status box at the bottom right end of the screen, where it tells you to end your turn and all, or just shift+d when you aren't giving orders to a worker) or select a civ in the foreign advisor and then press the button on the upper left-hand side that allows you to replace the selected civ with another.

Rhye, I can't make it tomorrow for our AoM game any earlier than 10:30AM GMT since I have too much to do in the morning before we play, installing the game included.

Hey, another public opinion poll, directed at players who have played specific Civs in RoCX:

1) To the America players, do you build Slave Trade and then integrate (join) the African Slaves into your cities?

2) To the Egypt players (or European/Middle Eastern conquerors), do you build the Suez Canal, i.e. a city that bridges the sea gap between the Mediterranean?

3) To European players, do you ever bother with Africa in the initial settler-expansion/colonization phase?

That's all I have now, post your answer at the top of your post. I hope the results help some of us beginning players along. :goodjob:

SilverKnight :cool:

SilverKnight said:
2) To the Egypt players (or European/Middle Eastern conquerors), do you build the Suez Canal, i.e. a city that bridges the sea gap between the Mediterranean?

3) To European players, do you ever bother with Africa in the initial settler-expansion/colonization phase?
2. Usually, if I can, I will build the Suez Canal asap... It's very, very useful in cutting naval travel time from Europe/Mideast to East/South/Southeast Asia.
3. Well, there are many different European civs with many different specific strategies that work for them, but generally my expansion works like this when playing Europe:
1: Once your capital is defended and you have some unit exploring, produce defenders and a settler and grab the best spot you can find nearby. Rinse and repeat. (I usually get 2-4 cities in this stage.)
2: Conquer a small neighbor or three.
3: Colonize Africa a bit, Australia a bit, and Asia a bit (when playing a naval power), or just keep eating up your neighbors (when not playing a naval power...)
4: When you've run out of neighbors to conquer and all the good spots for colonies are taken, amass a fleet or airforce or major railway and conquer Asia.
5: Conquer whatever pathetic opponents still dare to exist.
And generally, when playing Spain or England (or the other naval powers, whom I have not yet played) I would tend to focus on more naval conquest and less eating up of neighbors. But neighbors are always tasty, so you can prey on them when you're bored.

Blasphemous said:
Rhye, I can't make it tomorrow for our AoM game any earlier than 10:30AM GMT since I have too much to do in the morning before we play, installing the game included.

10:30 GMT 0? So 11:30 for me, 12:30 for you, right?

That's ok. I'll have to go at 13:30 GMT +1 (14:30 for you)

1) No, but that seems like a pretty good idea to me. Those slaves would really annoy me how they were practically useless and still required upkeep.

2) Never played Egypt, but I definitely would.

3) I usually don't colonize Africa except for one or two cities maybe in South Africa. I always heavily colonize South America first, its by far the best place because cities there can actually become productive. Most of the possible cities in Africa are doomed to suck forever.

Am I ******ed? I am still having a problem playing this mod. I get the missing text screen when I try to enter it. I have updated conquests to v 1.22. I just can't figure this out. I just found this site and finally can try some new mods.

Imperial Lord said:
Am I ******ed? I am still having a problem playing this mod. I get the missing text screen when I try to enter it. I have updated conquests to v 1.22. I just can't figure this out. I just found this site and finally can try some new mods.

What does the message say? Are you playing through civ3 complete?

What does the missing text screen say? And what is the complete path to the mod on your hard drive (Ex: C:/program files/infogrames interactive/ civilization III/conquests/scenario..)

And are your Rhye's of Civilization X, Rhye's of Civilization XF and Rhye's of Civilization folders (and BIQ files) in your civ3/conquest/scenario folder?

Wow, great, thanks guys! Glad to see some responses; I was wonderig if I was crazy for risking the extra corruption (by then I was always past the OCN) to build Suez. :crazyeye: Oops, I forgot to answer!

1) Yes, since you do have to pay for them, and their work rate is roughly 1/3 normal. Besides, it's just wrong! :ar15: :whipped:

2) Yup, when playing Egypt, Arabia, Persia, Byzantines, etc.

3) No, but with seafaring European Civs I menace the Atlantic with hordes of Privateers! :cool:

Now I'm America, and it's a really fun Civ to play! I'm playing a Regent game, and by the time I had built the Statue of Liberty, the only tech I hadn't researched/traded for was Industrialization, and only Persia- which occupied Iran and most of India- and Arabia had it. Now I'm ahead in the tech race, going at breakneck speed for Totalitarianism. Ironic, eh? :hmm:

SilverKnight

Another question:

4) Which government(s) besdo you tend to use most during your games and why?

4) Theocratic Monarchy best supports my troops early on (I'm always past the city supported limit), Fascism is great for continued global conquest.

4) Communism! No other gov't can possibly allow you to use a large empire as well.

Rhye, be online on ICQ so we can coordinate our AoM match... (I need to go offline for a few minutes, but after that I will be online as well.)

And to anyone interested in hearing about the progress of the plans for RMC1, Rhymes will be helping with the organization of the first event, and today I will draw up a set of goals and bonuses for the civ that we've chosen, which Rhymes and I will work on and polish for the next few days until we feel we've set it up the way we want it to be.
On Friday I will announce the civ we've chosen, and on Sunday, just a bit before the save is released, I will publish a general overview of the goals and bonuses.
I think I may ask TF to post something about this on the main page just so we get a few more contestants...
Oh, and I still need another person to help organize the event.

Top Bottom