Odd things I noticed while looking through 031

Bringa

King
Lo,

Applying my good old fair combat patch to 2031, I noticed a few odd changes. For instance, CASTER_XP_CHANCE is no longer in the GlobalDefines, and more puzzlingly, all leaders in LeaderHeadInfos have a FLAVOR_SCIENCE -10 now. I did mention before that the flavors are absolutely ineffective where they are right now. You end up with iWeight values of 5 digits at that point in the C++, and the most that your FLAVOR -10 can do is, if the tech has FLAVOR_SCIENCE positive 10, a factor of 100. 100 more or less when you already have values such as 11,000 is hardly relevant--unless you added a factor at that point in the function that finds the current best tech, like we did with Smarter Orcs back in the day.

I've also noticed that you've removed the hardcoded beeline for Runes/Leaves for Dwarves/Elves, and I'd hoped to see the behaviour emulated through Flavors, as I used to have it, but it seems that dwarves/elves should now simply be apathetic as to what religion they choose.

Most of the leaders are incented to shy away from the magic branch (maybe not the level that its doing a whole lot, but a bit). Some leader do like the magic branch. I just didnt want leaders like charadon and such racing down the magic branch.

The beeline for AI leaders to go for certain techs (including the elves to go for way of the woods, etc) are all still in.

I must have hallucinated! Will investigate further later. Now playing my first MP of 2031.

Top Bottom