1.0.1.383 - Random Black Streaks on Leaders?

Bleser

Prince
I've noticed this for a while after switching from an AMD Radeon 5700 to an nVidia GTX580. The leaders will sometimes have these black streaks on the screen. It could be in their hair, on the body, on the clothing, or in this case, the sky:

Anyone else ever notice this? I'm running the nVidia 270.61 drivers on Windows 7 64-bit.

I've noticed the same thing.
Not sure if it happened with the latest patch, or the latest drivers (I just got the driver a few days ago).
First noticed it on Catherine. She had a splotch on her, then both eyebrows ended up on thesame side of her face.

Hey folks,

When I meet with leaders in the videos they often have brown splotches on their faces. I.e., Bismark has what appears to be a birthmark on his balding head and Elizabeth has brown lines under her eyes like a football player.

It's not at all game breaking, but any ideas what this could be? I play on DirectX 11 and my laptop is new, so I can't imagine it's a graphics card issue. Since I'm not all that techno-savvy, though, I thought I'd ask around before messing with the settings.

See the attachments. Note the silver stripe on Bismarck and Ghandi and the strange line on Catherine's cheek. This line appears on Napoleon as well, and similar strange marking appear on Wu Zetian and Isabella. I'm using a GeForce GTX 465 with the latest driver. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Attachments

• CivilizationV_DX11 2011-08-29 20-43-36-18.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11 2011-08-29 20-43-36-18.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 412
  • CivilizationV_DX11 2011-08-29 20-43-46-19.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11 2011-08-29 20-43-46-19.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 293
  • CivilizationV_DX11 2011-08-29 20-44-02-82.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11 2011-08-29 20-44-02-82.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 325
So far it seems like this may be constrained to nVidia-based systems?

So far it seems like this may be constrained to nVidia-based systems?
So it seems. There is an issue with leader scene freezes I read about on the 2k forums, where apparently the issue was resolved by reverting to driver version 266.58. I doubt that is the issue here though. I think the culprit is a corrupted game cache file, which is detected and replaced by Steam, but if I run the diagnostic again, it always turns up as corrupted. So I think there may be a bugged file on Steam's end, which would explain why the issue persists after reinstalling twice.

I got the same bug with this on GTX 580. It only happens for the 1st time you see them, after that they appear normal. After a while if you see them again the streaks appear, then they are gone again.

I'm not all that techno-savvy, so I'm not sure what stats I can provide you, but in my experience all the leaders are having these wierd marks on them every time I visit with them.

I have nVidia card too, but never noticed such thing. I have another bug. On DX9, i see strange red and white holes on the terrain. I noticed that 70% of these can be found on Tundra, almost 20% on ice, and the remaining 10% on every other terrain (mostly hills and peaks)

This game has some pretty funny bug. :)

I have nVidia card too, but never noticed such thing. I have another bug. On DX9, i see strange red and white holes on the terrain. I noticed that 70% of these can be found on Tundra, almost 20% on ice, and the remaining 10% on every other terrain (mostly hills and peaks)

This game has some pretty funny bug. :)
The bug only occurs on medium or high settings with DirectX 11. I'm currently talking with 2k support to get the issue resolved, but it's looking more and more like the bug came with the last patch. Hope this gets attention and they fix it soon.

Hmm, I remember the initial release of Civ 5, when I could use the high setting wigh DirectX 11. Now, If I do, the game crashes. On high, it crashes with the first visit of the leaderhead, and on medium, it crashes with the 5th or 6th visit maybe. Now, I have a REALLY powerful computer, and can't set the settings to MEDIUM??? My computer MUST run perfectly with Ultra Ultra High setting too. :D

2k support says that this issue will be looked at by their advanced support team to determine the source of the bug. Hopefully we'll get a fix soon.:)

Hey folks,

When I meet with leaders in the videos they often have brown splotches on their faces. I.e., Bismark has what appears to be a birthmark on his balding head and Elizabeth has brown lines under her eyes like a football player.

It's not at all game breaking, but any ideas what this could be? I play on DirectX 11 and my laptop is new, so I can't imagine it's a graphics card issue. Since I'm not all that techno-savvy, though, I thought I'd ask around before messing with the settings.
What antivirus do you use?

I have the black lines on leaders too. Using a Nvidia GTX 460. It's a fresh install of Windows/Civ V too with the latest drivers. If it's not the AV then it must be the Nvidia drivers.

Running ForeFront Security Essentials as AV. I'll turn it off later and see how it goes

I have the black lines on leaders too. Using a Nvidia GTX 460. It's a fresh install of Windows/Civ V too with the latest drivers. If it's not the AV then it must be the Nvidia drivers.

Running ForeFront Security Essentials as AV. I'll turn it off later and see how it goes
I've tried it with Norton, Avast, then disabled, so antivirus isn't it. Must be the driver. [Update] I just tried the new beta driver, no luck.

Good news! 2K has talked to nVidia, and the next driver version should fix the problem. It should be released soon.:)

Top Bottom