Current (SVN) development discussion thread

So can you disable protestant spread and the reformation for Congo ? Cause it's pretty annoying right now to have Mbenza Congo half protestant when you're going for the 1rst UHV.

Cities get full votes as long as the necessary religion is present there. So unless Catholicism disappears, it's not a problem for you. So simply join the Counter-Reformation or respread Catholicism with missionaries.

Oh ok didn't know that. But the goal is still dependent on how the reformation goes, 10% is tough if all of Europe has Catholicism in it, and super easy if there's only Spain left as in one of my first games (even Italy, home to the holy city, joined the reformation that time).

That's true. I don't know what to do about that though.

I choose Counter-Reformation and Mbanza Kongo turns Protestant while my other cities stay Catholic. Perhaps you can add Kongo's probability to have cities turned Protestant = zero ?

Catholicism should remain if you choose to join the Counter-Reformation.

And since I'm productive at the moment, I've also added the Tibetans today:
Spoiler :

Leader: Lobsang Gyatso
Unique Unit: Khampa (Horse Archer with +50% city attack, can cross jungles and foreign borders, +10 cost)
Unique Building: Gompa (University with 10% research, +25% defense, +1 free priest, +1 priest slot, requires Engineering and Paper)
Unique Power: Missionaries (Unlimited missionaries, missionaries can cross foreign borders)

Unique Historical Victory:
- Acquire 5 cities by 1000 AD
- Spread Buddhism to 40% by 1400 AD
- Settle 5 great prophets in Lhasa by 1700 AD

The first goal is meant to represent the Tibetan Empire which is approximated in the screenshot above. I didn't want to require to conquer these specific cities (the actual Tibetans controlled Bengal and the Tarim Basin), but I fear that only number of cities would have people go conquer India or something.

Maybe I should ask to control (cover with culture only) one dye, tea, cotton and silk resource instead?

Numbers and deadlines of the other goals still need to be balanced, commit follows soon.

Number of Cities looks good. People would probably abuse the other goal and go conquer southern China.

Khampa could use bonus against Horse Archers so that it can defend more effectively.

I'm sorry you ditched the old '+1 food per priest' power (read as: I was already looking forward to abusing it), but city-states allows us to have a good deal of food in hilly Tibet too, of course.

And amazing that you did that already. Now that all new civs are done (unless you will still do the Harappans, but I thought you weren't sure about that), when will you incorporate the 1700 AD scenario into the game? I like to play as America and Prussia, so I'm looking forward to that too.

Actually I'd be happy if people decided to take on China. That should be rewarded.

And the Khampa is already quite overpowered imo.

I didn't even know +1 food per priest was even on the table at some point. But the current UP is basically a necessity because otherwise China can lock you out completely. And as you can see, the Lhasa spot has been buffed a little.

I don't think I will do the IVC at this point, so this batch of civs is finished. But at some point I'm going to include 1-2 civs for Latin American decolonization and so it's best to wait with new scenarios until afterwards.

Quick commit: Buddhism requirement was reduced to 30%, Tibet starts with Theology so they don't switch out of Theocracy right at the beginning.

Tibetan UP seems a bit boring,I can't see any benefit that you can have by the Unique Power.
Maybe this will work:"The Power of Pastures-Pastures receive one additional food" or maybe this:"The Power of Tibetan Plateau-Hill tiles receive one additional food",these UPs will help Tibet to grow larger.
I also suggest to place Lhasa on a river-tile (Yarlung-Tsangpo),Lhasa is actually not far located of the river.
I also suggest to replace one of the northern Tibetan mountains with a hill so Tibet doesn't get isolated from the rest of the world.
And my last suggestion:An early leader for Tibet:There are two canditates:Songtsen Gamp,founder of the Tibetan Empire or Khri ma lod,empress regent who massively expanded the empire

I'm going to add Songtsen Gampo later on.

Khampa are difficult to declare war on indies with. Could this somehow be fixed?

I'm going to add Songtsen Gampo later on.

The real power of Tibet Plateau is like general winter of Russia: no other human can breathe&move like Tibetan there. Maybe this: foreign military units without hill III promotion get -50% or -75% strength penalty in Tibet, and siege units cannot enter. In history, no other mankind conquered Tibet until 20th century.

Nice Tibet!
Spoiler :

I like everything in Leoreth's screenshot but Kolkata :D

P.S : Why Khmer rarely built Nanzhao now? Is it because it's covered by Chinese culture? It'll be great if Tibet is directed to control Nanzhao instead of Pagan..

About Leoreth's screenshot... Are the people in Samarkand growing poppies? I know drug trade is an aspect of history, but I think you're going too far now, Leoreth :p

Spoiler :

There are remnants of VD stuff in my working copy that cause the pink building thing.

And what's wrong with Kolkata? :confused:

No.. Kolkata is just fishing villages at least until around British period :p
You know, maybe we can find Bengal city at that time and renamed to Calcutta when British conquer it.. become India's capital if India is vassal of England.. and renamed to Kolkata upon taken back by India~

Top Bottom