The DYOS Consul (DYOS XI: 2009-2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A not-so extensive list of my characters. Done in no particular order or priority.

Spoiler :

I'm sure I had much more, but that's all I really care to remember at this time...
Stylesjl and myself also did a lot of sharing. Perhaps he has a few I missed.

You forgot another entry for yourself: Annoying Powergamer :p

Alright here is a list for you

Spoiler :

Main Characters

Well that first part didn't come out right, but at least the writing isn't too small

Secondary Characters (LIST NOT COMPLETE)

Edit: Added spoiler tag in

You screwed up Baghdad Bob's Catchphrase. It's "There are no (X) within a hundred miles of (Y)! It is all a lie by the (Z) infidels!", sometimes with "The enemy is committing suicide at the gates by the hundreds!" added on.

There are no Messed Up Catch Phrases within a hundred miles of DYOS! It is all a lie by the infidel Choxorn! The poster is committing suicide at the gates!

I'll upload a comic in DYOS X2 in 3... 2... 1...

*Ignition*

[/awaits responses]

Okay, what did you blow up this time? :p

Spoiler :

Still not an exhaustive list, but I think I've got down most important characters anyway

Might have a comic up tomorrow or the day after.

In totally unrelated news, I'm making a webcomic. Just thought I'd tell you, as I don't think it warrants its own topic, being in the planning stages.

It's a reimagining of Danny Phantom in WW2. If you want, I'll elaborate, but for now, want to do you think of this teaser?

Spoiler :

It is obvious that these guys are the antagonists. I hope.

Apologies for the double post, but I'd like to put forward a motion to place Stylesrj on first probation from DYOS X.2. He appears to be going out of his way to annoy people and derail the plot.

I vote Yea, and forward a notion to do the same to Stylesjl, who's doing pretty much the same thing.

He appears to be going out of his way to annoy people and derail the plot.

I vote Nay for a few reasons:

1. If there was any damage to Coruscant, CivGeneral can always downplay the damage, just like I did when everyone went after France.
2. How can there be a good plot if all the big players are posting once a week? And that's if we're lucky? Why wait for them to make the plot?
3. DYOS is pretty much stagnant. Hasn't my attack sparked your immediate response rather than lazing about? Perhaps I need to make more annoying powergaming comics to get you lazy folks off your butts and telling more of the freaking story!

I vote Nay for a few reasons:

1. If there was any damage to Coruscant, CivGeneral can always downplay the damage, just like I did when everyone went after France.
2. How can there be a good plot if all the big players are posting once a week? And that's if we're lucky? Why wait for them to make the plot?
3. DYOS is pretty much stagnant. Hasn't my attack sparked your immediate response rather than lazing about? Perhaps I need to make more annoying powergaming comics to get you lazy folks off your butts and telling more of the freaking story!

We aren't being lazy. We're - y'know - actually putting some thought and work into our comics.

Then we're having them be made irrelevent by you and having to start making them AGAIN. It's DYOS, not the Styles Show, for goodness sake!

We aren't being lazy. We're - y'know - actually putting some thought and work into our comics.

Can't you do all that in a day?
Since when does a long lasting elaborate plot matter? I seriously lost track of it months ago. It was only that there was a single plot coupon that I bothered to keep up and I even didn't know what it did and I still don't

Then we're having them be made irrelevent by you and having to start making them AGAIN. It's DYOS, not the Styles Show, for goodness sake!

How am I making them irrelevant this time? All I did was blow up a building that happened to be in Japan.
I know this isn't The Styles Show, but all I can really do is pursue my own storyline, because anything I do to interact with your people will end up with you calling it powergaming.

Of the two, I actually don't think Stylesjl is that bad. I think that Stylesrj's comics are a bit too messy, I'd approve if he spent some more time making it more aestethically pleasing (I skipped reading the latest one because I didn't want to have to concentrate about which frame happened when. Also, I kinda don't feel right if Kwai gets the gem, or if Stylesrj randomly blows up places in Coruscant. Especially when I don't get what happens in the rest of the comic.

Although, I'm happy for their participation - I just want them to consider things a little bit.

I stand without voting for now - and expect Stylesrj and Stylesjl to reply to this message with some arguments. If they speak well for themselves and understand my concerns (And accepts it as friendly criticism, actually), resulting in a general improving of the comics' quality - then my vote becomes positive for their account. If not, I'll join in with the reactive side against the comics of those brothers.

Or in short, Stylesrj and Stylesjl, please write why I shouldn't vote yes on this, then I'll consider whether to vote yes or no. Now, I stand neutral; if you don't reply to me in any way, I'll automatically vote yes.

For now, I stand without voting.

I think that Stylesrj's comics are a bit too messy, I'd approve if he spent some more time making it more aestethically pleasing (I skipped reading the latest one because I didn't want to have to concentrate about which frame happened when. Also, I kinda don't feel right if Kwai gets the gem, or if Stylesrj randomly blows up places in Coruscant. Especially when I don't get what happens in the rest of the comic.

My comics read left to right. As like a book. Stylesjl's are read up to down. I thought my layout was fine.

The Star Blazers stuff is not meant to make sense. It's just me making fun of Star Blazers... and because of the lack of a 4th wall, Kwai and Leang eventually got sick of them, I'm sure you were sick of them as well.

My last two comics actually were just showing off my not-so-l33t photoshop skills. I got my two main characters and put them as Dawn of War characters. That could have gone in Best of DYOS, but I decided they could be expanded upon and such I tried to make it seem to fit into the plot.

Also, because it wouldn't be fun to rush in and grab the Gem, I'm making my end of the plot slow with plenty of irrelevant villains and delays to make sure he can't just get it in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom