Is there any interest in an IntersiteDG

Hmm.

:hmm:

I guess Don't Ask; Don't Tell won't work here.

I'm coming out of the closet:

:eek:

DemoGame.

Hmm.

:hmm:

I guess Don't Ask; Don't Tell won't work here.

I'm coming out of the closet:

:eek:

DemoGame.

Congrats CB. I'm proud of you. But what do you have to say about Furiey being the CFC Referee?

But what do you have to say about Furiey being the CFC Referee?
I do not recall interacting with Furiey in a thread or SG but I have seen some posts by him.

He is a bit of an unknown to me, but I have no reason to protest him as Referee.

Is he willing to be Referee in a CivIII game?

Furiey has been heavily involved in previous C3C Demogames here at CFC and is very familiar with a wide variety of playstyles and strategies. Having been a DemogGame President many times and leading at least one C3C DG to Victory, is quite familiar with the common or standard rules in processing the game. This would include any administrative and/or operational problems that may crop up and need to be looked at by a referee.

And if you read back to post 67, you find that I received an email from Furiey accepting the position. Sitting here typing this I can't help but admire your signature, CB. I'm glad you're going to be on the DemoGame team. We will need your expetise.

Just for those of you that don't know me:

I've played many of the Civ 3 demogames here back from when I first registered.
I've also played most of the Civ 3 SGOTM (team tao) from the 2nd to the one with the enormous number of civs that my poor old pc just couldn't handle.
I'm currently playing with team CDZ on the Civ 4 MTDG.

So I have both DG and SG experience, just no German!

Hi there!

I am Erpel, one of the players at civforum (but i speak just for myself now). :)

I dont think the language should be a problem, nearly everybody in the german teams will at least understand english (also justanick, the german referee, of course). If we assure, that the three german-speaking players at civfanatics are well divided on the two teams, i dont see any problems.

The more interesting question is how to organize the game, and where to discuss the rules etc...

@Lanzelot: Is the distinction in your list between SG and DG a hint on future teams? If so, you can add me to the DG faction.

@Lanzelot: Is the distinction in your list between SG and DG a hint on future teams?

Yes, I think it makes sense to have one team of people who like the DG approach better, and another team for those who would like to go with the SG approach. (However, no one so far commented on that suggestion yet.)

In any case, I have penciled you in for the DG team.
(Too bad... I'm still waiting for a game where we will finally be "on the same side"...! ;) )

Any candidates for "team captains"? Please indicate in this thread. If we have more than one candidate, we'll just have a vote. If people send me PMs with their preferred style, I will add that information to my list of interested players.

Hey Lanzelot,

Thanks for helping put this thing in working order. You've been a great help.
I agree that we need to start organizing our teams and participate in determining the rules. I have been active on the CivForum boards, just as you and Calis have (thanks Calis). Do you think I should strt setting up some preliminary polls for basic settings?

As far as a Team Captain for the DG team, I believe we should wait a bit and decide once the team members are all known, the have a vote or discussion about it. Right now Calis and I are most active, but Calis and CB are the better players.

Hey Lanzelot,

Thanks for helping put this thing in working order. You've been a great help.
I agree that we need to start organizing our teams and participate in determining the rules. I have been active on the CivForum boards, just as you and Calis have (thanks Calis). Do you think I should strt setting up some preliminary polls for basic settings?

I would agree with setting up some polls, or whatever speeds up the start, but it would be great to get an own forum for our purpoe (at least a sub-forum :p)

I would like to play in one Team with Lanzelot and TemplarX, but i (must) play DG :(

Why is that? German? I am German...

I would think the reason he needs to play DG is because of time constraints, not language. Memento may not be able to take the reins for a full 10 turns (which may mean 2 months). I think he means the CFC DG team. Right on Memento! :thumbsup:

I would agree with setting up some polls, or whatever speeds up the start, but it would be great to get an own forum for our purpoe (at least a sub-forum :p)
I PMd DaveShack a couple of times and he replied the other day, saying he would take our request for private forums (1 per CFC team) up a level (senior Moderator). Then I'm sure he can restructure these subforums to match our needs.

I would think the reason he needs to play DG is because of time constraints, not language. Memento may not be able to take the reins for a full 10 turns (which may mean 2 months). I think he means the CFC DG team. Right on Memento! :thumbsup:.

Sure, what else? :D

Top Bottom