1.0.1.135 Never receiving gold tributes from other Civs

marvelharvey

Chieftain
For some reason, whenever I am to receive gold or GPT from another civilization/ (for selling open borders/resources/peace etc), the tributed gold is never added to to my own stockpile.

This is not a save game issue, as I've transferred one of my saves my old laptop and received gold fine. The problem seems localized to my main gaming machine and occurs with all civs, on all maps, on all difficulties.

I've tried deleting local game content on Steam and redownloading but the problem persists.

If I verify integrity of game cache, one file fails the check and is redownloaded. If I immediately perform another validation, it fails again and redownloads the same file once more. No matter how many times I download this file, it always fails the check.

Is there any information I can supply to help locate the problem?

Many thanks

Welcome to CFC :).

Please check, if the deals really do exist at that point.
We have another bug here, which leads to immediate canceling of the deals in the next turn, so it might be the same here.
Hi. Your post has thankfully pointed me in the right direction. The deals exist, however when I check the value on the diplomacy screen, the deal is set at zero (be it gift or GPT).

When selling open boarders I enjoy haggling, so I never use the default of 30 gold or 5GPT and I type in my own figure. Just now, instead of typing, I chose to accept the default value and "ka-ching" the gold arrived in my account!

I'm going to assume that there's some sort of data-entry bug, where my 'typed in' 50 gold or 4GPT converts to zero when I propose the deal, so it's time to test.

When the trade screen comes up, I click on GOLD in the opponent's column, then I click on OPEN BOARDERS in my column. Next I click on the GOLD AMOUNT, 30 becomes highlighted and I tap '7' on my Num Pad, this removes the 30 and replaces with 7. Finally I click 'Propose' and I'm missing that 7 gold.

I just tried a different order of clicking a few moments ago and I managed to actually receive gold for the open border deal, but sadly I wasn't paying too much attention to the order in which I was doing things.

I'll see if I can find some repro steps for you.

Top Bottom