Question about the sequence of civilizations

draaibaar

Warlord
Do you understand the sequence in which the civilizations appear in your game? In the menu's? I always have to search for the civilization I want to talk with. It's not alphabetical, that's clear to me. I like to play with a lot of civ's so it would nice if I could understand the sequence.

I think it's turn order.

You mean turn order, as in which civs get to move/attack/etc first, during the AI turn? How is that order decided? I'm pretty sure it's not anything to do with the order in which you meet them, as I've studied that before and it just doesn't appear to be the case. Is it maybe just some random roll on the first turn of a new game, which assigns a position in the order to each existing civ?

They are in turn resolution order. The human is always player 1 and the AI's are players 2-x. The 'order' is decided by the setup screen - you'll notice the human player is in the first slot (player 1) while the AIs fill in the remaining slots. Normally the civilization of each AI is set to random and that's why the civilizations seem to be in a random order. If you manually set the civilization of each AI before the game is started you'll see that they appear in that order - for example set the AI slot just below the player to France you'll see Napolean at the top of the diplomacy tab.

They are in turn resolution order. The human is always player 1 and the AI's are players 2-x. The 'order' is decided by the setup screen - you'll notice the human player is in the first slot (player 1) while the AIs fill in the remaining slots. Normally the civilization of each AI is set to random and that's why the civilizations seem to be in a random order. If you manually set the civilization of each AI before the game is started you'll see that they appear in that order - for example set the AI slot just below the player to France you'll see Napolean at the top of the diplomacy tab.

So... unless you manually choose civ positions in the advanced setup screen, all of the non-player civs will get a random roll for order positioning? Interesting. So, then there is a gameplay advantage to being one of the first few civs in the listing, I would say. Always getting to attack your AI enemies first definitely has advantages.

Top Bottom