Installing Dune Wars and Installation Issues

Please describe again exactly what you see after you delete the Dune Wars directory, install the 1.6.1 release only, and try to start a game.

i uninstall from the 1.6.1 file i go in to make sure the folder was deleated i then reinstall and start the game load a mode game stops working i get stop working notice i right clik run as admin bts loads then game stops working notice and windows will notifify if soulution... as if

i uninstall from the 1.6.1 file i go in to make sure the folder was deleated i then reinstall and start the game load a mode game stops working i get stop working notice i right clik run as admin bts loads then game stops working notice and windows will notifify if soulution... as if

You should not need to reinstall BTS or Civ 4. I am not sure I understand your description. I think "i right clik run as admin bts loads then game stops working notice and windows will notifify if soulution" means even when you run as administrator, the game has crashed to the desktop. What exactly is showing on the screen just before it crashes? For example, do you see the loading window and the message:

[Dune Wars]Init XML

Or is it getting further than that?

ffh won't load either i updated th 3.19 patch or thot i did is there any way to verify?

i have dl the patch 3 times and installed yet each time i check for updates it says i need patch 3.19 i dl it shut of game then restart check for updates and it says it needs 3.19

Try downloading the patch from a site and manually installnig, rather than trying to use any kind of auto-patching.

ok dl patch separately and will install manually thank you for your patience

I am experiencing the same problem as Stochastic, post 66:

I just installed the 1.6.5 patch and got an error message after starting the game (after hints and everything but before the "dawn of man message":

Revolution.ini is missing from C:\Game_files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUG Mod
Or C:\Docs and Settings\Adrian\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUG Mod

The game started but I am missing the HUD (as if I had pressed Alt-I in BtS 3.19) when I start.

Deliverator suggested in post 69:

Also, it is worth clearing your Custom Assets folder of any BUG files as these can conflict with Dune Wars.

and this seemed to resolve Stochastic's problem. However, I have BUG installed in CustomAssets to allow me to play with BUG (for SGs) and BUFFY (for HoF). Is there another work around?

The mod looks fanatastic and I'm keen to play the mod after lurking the recent couple of SGs.

Just to be sure, you did install the main release (1.6.1) before 1.6.5, correct? Does the file revolution.ini exist in your mod directory, <BTS>\Mods\Dune Wars?

If you have both releases and you have that revolution.ini, it is possible that having two BUGs is a fatal conflict. For an experiment, please try uninstalling BUG from customassets to ensure that Dune Wars runs this way, and let us know. If that is the problem, we can ask over on the BUG sub-forum if there is any way to have a customasset BUG and a BUG-based mod co-exist. I hope there is a way.

Yes, I installed 1.6.1 first then 1.6.5. I've uninstalled both then re-installed and still the same message & no HUD.

The revolution config settings file is in the mod directory, BTS\Mods\Dune Wars.

I'll have a search through the BUG forum to see if anybody else has encoutered & resolved this problem.

Yes, I installed 1.6.1 first then 1.6.5. I've uninstalled both then re-installed and still the same message & no HUD.

The revolution config settings file is in the mod directory, BTS\Mods\Dune Wars.

I'll have a search through the BUG forum to see if anybody else has encoutered & resolved this problem.

Thanks for the update. Did you also, as an experiment, try emptying out your customassets even though you want BUG there in the long term? This will prove that it is an *interaction* between BUG and DW. If you still can't bring up DW even after emptying customassets, then your problem is purely due to DW and your environment, nothing to do with BUG.

We have the technology! The BUG FAQ states that to get mods to run with BUG

If you installed BUG using the standard Single-Player method, you need to modify the INI files for these other mods. For example, to get Next War to work, open the file "Beyond the Sword/Mods/Next War/Next War.ini" in Notepad and change

NoCustomAssets = 0
to

NoCustomAssets = 1

Dune Wars ini now changed and I've now got the user displays :). David, thanks for help & suggestion to check the BUG forum.

Now to play a settler game to get familiar with all the new things!

Great! We don't have a FAQ as such, but thanks for reflecting this information back here. Now other DW players will be able to find it.

Top Bottom