Do the AI use nukes??

Jellly

Chieftain
I've been starting a lot of my games from the later eras (modern and future generally) because I dont usually get a chance to play that late game. Anyway, although the AI have on multiple times researched all the tech, they have NEVER even built a nuke before! So has anyone actually been nuked by the ai before??

Haven't even got to that stage of the game yet. Perhaps try a harder level of play?

I'm playing on level 6 and 7, don't remember their names. I'll try the hardest level soonish and start in future and on quick gameplay. Hopefully I'll survive long enough to witness my destruction :p

On a side note, if the AI nuked another AI do you think I would see it or would it be hidden via the fog of war?

It's a good question. I really hope it does.

Did the MI ever use Nukes in Civ 4 ( I don't remember seeing it ) ?

I do remember getting nuked in Civ 3 but only in response to my first use as far as I remember.

In Civ 4 the AI did build nukes on a rare occasion, and in that case it was likely a superpower Aztec civilization.

What I found out in some Civ4 scenarios, where the nukes are prebuilt for the AI, is that it uses them in war very eagerly. In a Cold war mod scenario the Americans (AI) got mad at the Soviets (me) for spy-sabotaging one of their uranium mines (I don't know how the AI knew it was me, though) and declared war on me. They launched all of their nukes at turn one on Moscow, Leningrad, Beijing and some to India (soviet ally). It was actually quite interesting, since the AI had to know I had nukes in range to all of their major cities (subs and ICBM) plus a gigantic force ready to invade Western Europe. In many games a Sino-Indian war ended in the Chinese nuking all Indian cities.

So far I haven't encountered a nuke-building AI in Civ V. I hope It has been made more aggressive when building nukes and more thoughtful when considering how to use them.

Hmm, cold war mod sound interesting... hopefully one pops up for civ 5.

Yeah and with no defense against nukes in this game, they should be a lot more effective.

OK I made a custom map and kitted out Napolean, Monty, Wu Zetian and Catherine with the research, resources and the nukes themselves. I also set it to permanent war. They still didn't use it :/. The only thing not built was Manhattan Project because the world builder wont let you add them to cities for some reason. I also set it to domination win only to encourage fighting.

Even with all these things they still did not use their nukes, even when faced with certain death (3 death robots bearing down on their cities). I hope they didn't use the nukes because they are supposed to build them themselves or something but idk...

EDIT: They also did not use them in retaliation to me using nukes either.

I tried this today,did every research inc Manhattan project,even got "nuclear subs" still no Nukes,turns out you need Uranium resource dug up by workers,but if your map has no uranium forget it-such is Civ 5

I tried this today,did every research inc Manhattan project,even got "nuclear subs" still no Nukes,turns out you need Uranium resource dug up by workers,but if your map has no uranium forget it-such is Civ 5

Usually there will be SOME uranium on the map thankfully. Even on dual maps there is usually 2 or 3.

I wonder why the AI doesn't use nukes? Is it simply a programming error or is it more deeper - maybe they don't want to nuke towns that they plan to take over in the near future or something like that.

Uranium is really rare now as is aluminum. I had 101 iron 86 horses 22 oil and only 4 uranium 2 aluminum in my last game.

Uranium is really rare now as is aluminum. I had 101 iron 86 horses 22 oil and only 4 uranium 2 aluminum in my last game.

Woah! Maybe it is different with me because I usually use the option of strategically placed resources (or something) in the resources. Try Russia maybe?

Top Bottom