Another WW2 scenario

I'm confused on whether you are trying to load the save game or just start a completely new game as Japan. If it's the former then I'd recommend giving up on it, since it sounds like you only played a turn or two. My guess is something was changed between the save and the current state of the mod you have.

If it's not letting you play as Japan at all though, then that's tougher. I'd say delete the mod entirely and download the new version I'll be posting in the near future. If you do a complete wipe then the fresh version should solve that issue.

oops over the christmas break i had forgotten to reply. i eventually managed to start a game with japan after many attempts and now it always starts fine.oh just seen there's a new version so thats awesome and i'll try that too :king:

If you haven't already done so, try reviewing the map in world builder. That's what worked before when that was showing up.

I've got a problem with the late German SPG's. I'll list the last 3 generations of the SPG's on the research line. 138 1-Grille ranged strength 46, requires 1 iron. 124 Wespe ranged strength 42, requires 1 iron and 1 oil. 165 Hummel ranged strength 46, requires 1 iron and 1 oil. There's no way I want to make the Wespe or Hummel with that oil requirement on there plus the Wespe just gets worse. Can I get that oil requirement removed please or at least the option to make the obsolete Grille? I also won't make the Flakpanzer IV Kugelblitz with the oil requirement because anti-air has a 2 tile range and with oil I can make fighters to intercept aircraft. Any help would be great, thanks!

I've got a problem with the late German SPG's. I'll list the last 3 generations of the SPG's on the research line. 138 1-Grille ranged strength 46, requires 1 iron. 124 Wespe ranged strength 42, requires 1 iron and 1 oil. 165 Hummel ranged strength 46, requires 1 iron and 1 oil. There's no way I want to make the Wespe or Hummel with that oil requirement on there plus the Wespe just gets worse. Can I get that oil requirement removed please or at least the option to make the obsolete Grille? I also won't make the Flakpanzer IV Kugelblitz with the oil requirement because anti-air has a 2 tile range and with oil I can make fighters to intercept aircraft. Any help would be great, thanks!

You make a good point on the German spgs. It's worth bringing up that the Wespe & Hummel are both faster and have better defenses than the Grille. That doesn't really outweigh the cost differences though. Especially in the case of the Wespe. Off the top of my head, I'll probably get rid of the oil requirement and just up the iron for them instead.

I'm not so sure you're fully appreciating the usefulness of the Kugelblitz. It has 50 combat strength, 4 movement, plus the anti-aircraft capabilities. So, it's close to a jack of all trades ground unit that can fill more roles than just anti-air. Tanks are going to give it major trouble of course, but there are plenty anti-tank options. Even used with only the anti-air in mind, there are places like the interior of Russia where aircraft are going to be out of range for anti-air defense.

Regardless, I'll take a look at the oil requirements for some of the land units like the SPGs & AA units and likely make some changes. Thanks for bringing this up.

You make a good point on the German spgs. It's worth bringing up that the Wespe & Hummel are both faster and have better defenses than the Grille. That doesn't really outweigh the cost differences though. Especially in the case of the Wespe. Off the top of my head, I'll probably get rid of the oil requirement and just up the iron for them instead.

I'm not so sure you're fully appreciating the usefulness of the Kugelblitz. It has 50 combat strength, 4 movement, plus the anti-aircraft capabilities. So, it's close to a jack of all trades ground unit that can fill more roles than just anti-air. Tanks are going to give it major trouble of course, but there are plenty anti-tank options. Even used with only the anti-air in mind, there are places like the interior of Russia where aircraft are going to be out of range for anti-air defense.

Regardless, I'll take a look at the oil requirements for some of the land units like the SPGs & AA units and likely make some changes. Thanks for bringing this up.

Thanks rhettrongun, upping the iron cost sounds good. And good point on the Kugelblitz, I got spoiled with my tiger and panther hordes XD. Been selfish with the oil :p

I have a possible idea: there is a fantastic cold mod in civ 3 made by the user El Justo. What he did was he increased the carrier capacity to properly reflect the change of tactics in ww2 where carries took over from battleships to become the most powerful projection of sea power. It just seems that with 3 or 4 planes maximum the carrier isnt as useful and devasating as it perhaps should be. A carrier pretty much should be able to sink any ship one would think. Anyway its just an idea :cooool:

keep up the good work!

That's a good idea, and I will see about implementing it. I'll see how much capacity can be increased and go from there.

I found several problems and short comings in the latest version. Some of them were pretty bad, so I will be posting an update with corrections soon.

sticking with naval stuff perhaps the amount of battleships could be changed to more accurately reflect real life ww2 starting navies? i say this because in the scenario italy and france both have 4 battleships each which is more than the usa and probably japan too, although maybe that will add too many units again and slow things down so dont wanna harm the scenario. i just think that united kingdom, along with usa and japan should have a significant advantage there to the other powers

I am looking forward to play the scenario, but have a problem. After the instruction number 4 at the start of the page, it seems that it is installed normally (no errors) but then i cannot go into step 5 to activate it because it does not appear on my istalled mods (only the Mogolian one is there, i also deleted everything else). Any ideas how to fix this?

Silver you are watching normal scenarios screen. When you should go Mods->singleplayer->custom game->pick map type->load scenario.

Tought I got it working myself eventually and i played whit finland for 12 turns. Later i continued and played one turn more tought custo units looked like spearman. I tryed to restart civ and didnt get saved game work after that anymore. I click load game and it starts to load. After 30mins i shutted civ down.

thanks for the tip alluton, but it still wont work. The scenario is not there to chose it, since it failed to appear in the mods in the first place. I went mod-->single player-->Set up Game-->choose map and this is what i saw:

its not in the maps if i drag it down either.

Attachments

• Civ_2.jpg
    Civ_2.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 92
Check your MODS folder and see which ww2 file is there. I attached pictures of the installed mod and the uninstalled mod file (part 2 anyways). If it's not installing correctly in game for some reason, then you can use an unzipping program and open the "CIV5MOD File" with it. From there just drag and drop the files into your MODS folder manually.

From there any mod files that are located in your "MODS" folder should show up in game when you go to enable mods.

@alluton It sounds like you may not have installed part 2 of the mod correctly. It contains all the unit graphic/animation files. There was one bugged unit graphic for Sweden in the last version of this scenario that was showing up as a spearman, but that's the only one I know of.

Attachments

• mod file.PNG
    mod file.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Installed mod files.PNG
    Installed mod files.PNG
    128 KB · Views: 107
Many thanks for your efforts to help.

This is the screen i get before and after, in fact it is unchanged... which means its not installed?

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 67
Correct. Just open it with winzip/rar or some equivalent and put the contents into your mod folder to install manually.

That's a good idea, and I will see about implementing it. I'll see how much capacity can be increased and go from there.

I found several problems and short comings in the latest version. Some of them were pretty bad, so I will be posting an update with corrections soon.

Possible to include the intercepter fix mentioned earlier ? :)

Top Bottom