Anyone out there?

And I just found a new bug after all these years (or at least one I haven't encountered before). I started a game on Small Map as Gaians. First turn I encountered the Spartans who immediately warred on me and destroyed my two CP, thus eliminating my Faction the very first turn. Once I returned to the main menu I selected Quick Start, and I founded my first base the first turn of this new game. I did not receive the requisite minerals to produce my Scout Patrol the next turn (in fact it took me 3 turns to produce my Scout, when it should have been produce in one turn). Very esoteric bug, probably moot as someone could immediately restart the game as a workaround. Regardless, after 15 years of playing I'm still finding things in this game!?! :cool:

D

It's been quite some time since I played SMAC, I think 5-6 pc's ago:lol:

More recently I have been playing a Civ4 mod Planetfall, it fills the gap quite nicely. Worth a check if you have not played, and you own Civ4.:beer:

How well does the Planetfall mod play? I still haven't gotten to play it.
Heya Antilogic, to answer your inquiry, it plays well. It's the story, ideas, and sounds(if you upload it to your mod copy..explained at planetfall forums)you know from SMAC.
. The gameplay is closer to civ4 in combat, main difference is that alien life forms attack with (psi attacks)

If you at all like SMAC/civ4, I'd recommend.;)

Top Bottom