Who won and why?

You lost, mate. Who won? You'll never find out, because you won't be around to see it.

And all statues are dead by default. Just sayin'

Situation 1 - If you were conquered (all cities lost), you lose, and you don't get to know who won at the end of the game.

Situation 2 - If you're alive and another civilization wins, you will see who won and how. The leader and the type of victory will be shown at the Hall of Fame.

Situation 1 - If you were conquered (all cities lost), you lose, and you don't get to know who won at the end of the game.

Situation 2 - If you're alive and another civilization wins, you will see who won and how. The leader and the type of victory will be shown at the Hall of Fame.

So I'll check the hall of fame. Thanks for the info.

Hiawatha, most likely. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it - that Sejong was rolling with a crazy army, even if on another continent.

That scary,buried statue somewhat reminds of the Buddha's of Bamiyan.

Click "Just one more turn" and put your mouse over the trophy graphic on the right side of the screen.

Mini-rant: I hate how it shows the crumbling statue even if you weren't conquered. They should have another graphic and instead of saying the civ has fallen it should say that it was bested by another. Just a little thing but bugs me to no end. First on my list if\when I try modding.

I nickname that statue Ozymandia, after the Ozymandias poem.
Here is the statue in question:
Spoiler Large image :

Sometimes, I wish there were more defeat screens as well. That statue looks very frightening (and tiring) to me that I sometimes wish I can use a black screen with the word "DEFEAT!" on it instead.

Top Bottom