Is Sweden too overpowering?

HelloGoodbye123

Warlord
Open up honor, get a great general first 20-40 turns of the game, gift it to religious city state and bam !

I felt so unfair, this is way worse than any civ, and has to be nerf right away !

dear lord !

Are you serious? A one time alliance with one city-state is over powered? It's not like only one civ per game can found a religion.

I mean, thanks for giving me the idea. I'm going to use it when I get around to playing as Sweden, but it sounds like a legitimate and fun tactic to me.

Yeah I see no excessive cheese in this one, just a smart tactic :goodjob: remember how it use to seem so weak on paper before the release.
I love how every good tactic using the Nobel UA implies warring and is basically a War Nobel Prize XD

How much faith does a ancient era classical CS give? Enough to compete with celts/Ethiopia/maya??

It's a nice tactic, though I usually save my GGs for Citadel building. Overpowered? Nope. If your game includes Austria, Siam or Greece you will often struggle to get and keep CS alliances. Factor in the inevitable coups by other civs and one early CS alliance is far from being overpowered.

I already know this isnt overpowering, it just gets a bit annoying seeing all these threads about how civs are OP... I even saw arabs on the forums called overpowered..

seriously?????

maybe ppl just dont know how to play and constantly lose to skilled players..(even if the skilled player is an AI)
maybe ppl just dont know how to find new tactics...
like the one i just gave you guys, i cant be telling you guys all these neat tactics
I have a bunch more, but just because a civ can perform well under one guy it doesnt mean its overpowered, it just means he figured out a way to make use of the tools handed to him..

SO STOP WITH THESE OVERPOWERING THREADS !!!!!!!

Some civs like Austria/huns their advantages might seem straight forward, but civs like sweden/american/songhai maybe thought it required and can still perform just as well...

I already know this isnt overpowering, it just gets a bit annoying seeing all these threads about how civs are OP... I even saw arabs on the forums called overpowered..

seriously?????

maybe ppl just dont know how to play and constantly lose to skilled players..(even if the skilled player is an AI)
maybe ppl just dont know how to find new tactics...
like the one i just gave you guys, i cant be telling you guys all these neat tactics
I have a bunch more, but just because a civ can perform well under one guy it doesnt mean its overpowered, it just means he figured out a way to make use of the tools handed to him..

SO STOP WITH THESE OVERPOWERING THREADS !!!!!!!

So, making another useless thread is a good idea to counter the "Civ XYZ is OP!" threads? Uh.....

So, making another useless thread is a good idea to counter the "Civ XYZ is OP!" threads? Uh.....

Useless? I just shared a tactic with you !
want another one?

Egypt, play it wide, not tall(because we all know all noobs play tall and steal all the wonders)(do not build the great library as well)

play a religious game, aim for +2 happiness from temples religious belief
Egypts temple replacement already does +2 happiness

Every city will cancel out its city unhappiness..

with liberty branch, get +1 happiness from cities connected to capital, and i promise you will have a very good game :)

not to mention, try to get pagodas, with already having temples everywhere, you will be having pagodas everywhere.. thats another +2 happiness and +2 faith on top of the already +2happy/+2faith from temples..

even if you already got 30 cities, making another one will out put more happiness than it costs to make, even with no luxuries.. ..
now apply luxuries? just dont come back telling ppl this is overpowering... its just an egyptian style no one plays, because they wont get to build their dear wonders....

OP is definitively one of the most complex personality of this forum!

hmmm?
explain

HelloGoodbye123 said:
want another one?

Egypt, play it wide, not tall(because we all know all noobs play tall and steal all the wonders)(do not build the great library as well)

with liberty branch, get +1 happiness from cities connected to capital, and i promise you will have a very good game :)

not to mention, try to get pagodas, with already having temples everywhere, you will be having pagodas everywhere.. thats another +2 happiness and +2 faith on top of the already +2happy/+2faith from temples..

even if you already got 30 cities, making another one will out put more happiness than it costs to make, even with no luxuries.. ..
now apply luxuries? just dont come back telling ppl this is overpowering... its just an egyptian style no one plays, because they wont get to build their dear wonders....

hmmm?
explain

You just use more sarcasm than the average fanatic. This thread is particularly confusing, even though I understand your point and an tired too of all the 'X is so OP' thread.

Nice one with Egypt. I've always feel that their UB is better than their UB (at emperor and sub at least), and now I'm sure!

want another one?

hmmm?
explain

Thanks! I've been wanting to do a new Egypt game and was wondering how to best play them with G&K.

Arab is the second most overpowered civ in the game in Multiplayer, so its not surprising that someone called the overpowered. The alliance with the CS will not hold very long ,that is the problem.

Lets say you get 10+90 (unlikely unless you wait), you need 60 for alliance and u lose 1,25 per turn. Only lasts 30 turns and you just took honor first and gifted your GG away, doesnt seem good to me.

Arab is the second most overpowered civ in the game in Multiplayer, so its not surprising that someone called the overpowered. The alliance with the CS will not hold very long ,that is the problem.

Lets say you get 10+90 (unlikely unless you wait), you need 60 for alliance and u lose 1,25 per turn. Only lasts 30 turns and you just took honor first and gifted your GG away, doesnt seem good to me.

What server are you playing MP on... I have yet to encounter a player that picks Arabia who even comes close to giving me a good game on GK... not saying Arabia is a bad civ...

Open up honor, get a great general first 20-40 turns of the game, gift it to religious city state and bam !

I felt so unfair, this is way worse than any civ, and has to be nerf right away !

dear lord !

Nah, everyone already knows how Isabella is overpowered. Roll until you get Great barrier reef, fountin of youth and skilldorado in your capital's borders and BAM!

Hey, by itself it doesn't seem overpowered but if you found that first religion with Sweden and get religious boosts you can get hte Messiah belief and use 3/4th of your prophet's spread religion then gift to a city-state. This, combined with faith purchasing for great people, makes Sweden very strong. Sweden and religion go hand-in-hand, so this opener is really useful.

I'm using it next time. Thanks!

Just finished a Faith + Culture game as Sweden. It was a blast. I used the Tabarnak's Tradition Four Cities strategy (With some small changes to accommodate the Large Islands map). Between buying GAs with faith and having them generated by my cities I was in a continuous Golden Age for over 100 turns. I didn't gift any GGs until I was caught up in a late game war, but the Great Admirals were all gifted to CS.

I've done that with Egypt. Pick the +2 culture on temples too

Just did it as well. bought 3 scientists with faith
had 30 happiness the entire game, since my map was too small to expand.. was a shame
in the upside i got 4 golden ages through happiness..

only built 3 wonders, while my neighbor persia built 12-15 they tried taking my weakest city by their borders, but i just kept 3 artillery behind the city and kept taking it back same turn, we did this whole back and forth (taking control of that one city) like 5-6 times.. so yes i was playing a beginner in this occasion..

You just use more sarcasm than the average fanatic. This thread is particularly confusing, even though I understand your point and an tired too of all the 'X is so OP' thread.

Nice one with Egypt. I've always feel that their UB is better than their UB (at emperor and sub at least), and now I'm sure!

Egypt has quite the powerful bonuses, no one ever realizes it because all they do is build wonders.. which is kind of pointless...

Thanks! I've been wanting to do a new Egypt game and was wondering how to best play them with G&K.

religion and expansion :)

you cant just say they are overpowered and not say why

as sweden, opening honor, gives you strength vs barbs, after you gift a great general kill barbarians near the city state, giving you another 40-95 influence... (i thought this was implied, but i guess i need to give full details :) ...)

What server are you playing MP on... I have yet to encounter a player that picks Arabia who even comes close to giving me a good game on GK... not saying Arabia is a bad civ...

he plays with the two weird guys who always set up a 12 player game on marathon and always kick you out of the game when you try to enter..

he plays with those guys..

Nah, everyone already knows how Isabella is overpowered. Roll until you get Great barrier reef, fountin of youth and skilldorado in your capital's borders and BAM!

Spain is a gamble, but city state bullying is not...
if you know how to bully city states the entire game, you can make 1500g in the first 40 turns
and about 5000g the entire game.. which is a tactic i often use, specially with aztecs/austria

and now you are probably going to call every single civ overpowered because they can all bully city states

Hey, by itself it doesn't seem overpowered but if you found that first religion with Sweden and get religious boosts you can get hte Messiah belief and use 3/4th of your prophet's spread religion then gift to a city-state. This, combined with faith purchasing for great people, makes Sweden very strong. Sweden and religion go hand-in-hand, so this opener is really useful.

I'm using it next time. Thanks!

your welcome :D

Just finished a Faith + Culture game as Sweden. It was a blast. I used the Tabarnak's Tradition Four Cities strategy (With some small changes to accommodate the Large Islands map). Between buying GAs with faith and having them generated by my cities I was in a continuous Golden Age for over 100 turns. I didn't gift any GGs until I was caught up in a late game war, but the Great Admirals were all gifted to CS.

I also notice giving it to a maritime cs can be helpful when going tall !

want another one?

hmmm?
explain

what the heck this is awsome im going to play as Egypt my next game.

Thanks for all the tips I think your one of the best forum members.

Top Bottom