checking military strenght

kevj42

Chieftain
hi all,

I'm new to civ5 and G&K's. Now I'm about to go to war with a another civ and I would like to check their military strenght. I remember having a screen in civ 4 or was it 3... where I could see what units the enemy had and how many of them (not their position). What I would do then was look at their naval units and start hunting for those, simply locating them and moving my own navy in close. So when the war would start I would launch a devastating first round decimating as much of his navy as possible to make sure he couldnt easly counter attack with it.

So now I'm playing on an island map and I wanted to do the same but I just cant find that info except for the euhm.... only very slightly useful info my military advisor has for me...

Am I missing it? or is that tab simply not in the game anymore :(?

thanks everyone!
bye

darn it thanks for the info. Any mods you can recommend for this by chance?

InfoAddict adds a bunch of information to the UI. It might have what you're looking for. I've never used it, but it seems to be pretty popular around here.

The demographics screen is the closest to what you're describing. It tells you the size of the world's largest military, the smallest military, and (if you're not one of the previous two) where you fit in between those.

Otherwise, without mods, you'll just have to scout the other Civs. You won't be hampered much without mods.

Info Addict mod will give you total military strength comparisons with all the other civs, but it won't give you individual unit counts. Still, it is great- particularly for the visual graphic of all diplomatic and economic activities between civs, which can be accessed from a button in the diplo screen. So you can see who loves/hates who, before you decide to accept a DoF or whatnot.

I just look at the military advisor text and do some scouting near their borders to get a feel where the numbers come from. If they have a bigger strength number than I do but just have a bunch of spearmen when I have pikes already, I'd clearly have the advantage since my CBs will make short work of their endless units and would eventually beat them.

thanks for the info everyone. I'm going to install info addict as soon as this game is done. I'm playing with a lot of civs and it's just a pain to keep track of who's allied with who without any mods. As for military I'll just have to use the extra info that's available and try to find the ships like that :)

Top Bottom