Another WW2 scenario

Thanks for the input. I took a look at the xml for the avenger and everything appears to be in place for it. So, my initial guess is it's a coincidence that the crash is happening just as you complete the avenger bomber. Still it's worth checking out in game, since this is the only real lead I've had into potentially solving this crash problem. I'll start a game as the US and make a beeline for building one. If the game crashes as soon as it completes then there is indeed an issue with it.

Wow, I was really surprised & happy to see the game crash as soon as I tried to purchase an avenger during my test as the US. Thank you very much for informing me of this!:goodjob:

Now, I just need to figure out what the problem is with the unit.

After testing it on a smaller map a couple times, I can say that the unit is definitely the source of the crash. I cannot figure out what is wrong with it though.
Its promotions seem to be fine, and I cannot find any errors in its xml. Even after a very thorough check. Could it be a problem with the unit graphic files? My thought was that the game will default to a spearman graphic if a unit art file is bad.

Anyone have any ideas?:confused: Perhaps I'll post this on the main forum.

Maybe not a bad idea. I'm not so sure it would makes sense to give it to all naval units, but for submarines, destroyers, and possibly cruisers it seems right. They're quite a bit less conspicuous than the battleships and carriers.

Btw, I finally isolated the cause of the crash. I just need to assign a new art define to the Avenger torpedo bomber and it will be fixed. I'll try to allow saved games to work with the new version too.

So I tried re-installing the mod in its entirety, but the same issue occurs with the units: for whatever reason, the ships (excluding submarines) and mechanical land units are all sticking front first into the ground/ocean. I'm unsure how to just redo the common folder part of the installation (what rhettrongun suggested), though I feel like the complete deletion and then re-install should have fixed it if the problem was with how it installed. any ideas?

So I tried re-installing the mod in its entirety, but the same issue occurs with the units: for whatever reason, the ships (excluding submarines) and mechanical land units are all sticking front first into the ground/ocean. I'm unsure how to just redo the common folder part of the installation (what rhettrongun suggested), though I feel like the complete deletion and then re-install should have fixed it if the problem was with how it installed. any ideas?

If you repreformed the entire installation then any issue with the common folder would have been corrected. So, the problem lies elsewhere. I'm not really sure though, as this is something I've never seen/heard of before.

Is this something that only happens in this scenario and only with the new unit models? If so, then there must be a problem with the graphic files extracting. They are located in part 2 of the mod folders. You might try manually extracting part 2 of the mod instead of having Civ 5 do it automatically. Here are the steps for doing so, as copied/pasted from the OP:
---If you need to manually extract the mods for whatever reason: Go to your MODS folder and locate the files that did not install in game. They will appear as civ5mod files, but are just storage files that can be extracted manually via a winzip type program. ie. the files that you downloaded off mediafire
For me it was
"WWII Full Earth Campaign Part 3 of 4 (v 3)"
&
"WWII Full Earth Campaign Part 4 of 4 (v 3)"
(Keep in mind parts 3/4 were removed, so in your case this would be "part 2 of 2")

Create a folder for each file and name them whatever you want (I just copied and pasted the above names and used those). Open them with your zip program and extract the contents to the corresponding folders you just made.

Now you've manually installed the mod files.
---
Another potential cause if that doesn't work is that the new unit graphics are not working correctly with your video drivers. A simple fix for that is to update them. That's just a shot in the dark/blame the black box fix, as I can't think of anything else.

Hello, I cant get any mods to work. I GOT IT TO WORK FINALLY. The instructions for use should be amended. You set your map and then back up and look for the scenario button on the main setup page... dont hit start right there in advanced setup.

very very good ww2 scenario maybe the best.the many civ choises is very good but even in my computer which has been bought half year before now for about 1200euros(i5 with a magnificent ati graphic card)i have tragic turn times which make it unplayable.can u please make a version without half down africa and not south america for the people who doesnt have super computers?

Wow, for 1200 Euros I'd expect it to be a super computer ... almost. My turn times are not too bad but Im upgrading. Currently Im going to a 2700K (i7) processor, a gigabyte mother board, 16Gb of dual channel ram (DDR3 - PC16000). The only expensive part is the 512GB solid state drive. The result should be amazing. $750 for the core, $750 for the super drive. I'll let you know how it performs!

ok loving this mod here. im playing as germany right now and have run over most of the city states in europe(working on hungry and sweden right now) now i wanna attack france but it wont let me declare war how do i declare war???????

i found out that i can use this mod even without the current map!!!!!!!:yumyum:

edit:is there a way i can remove the multi units per hex?

Glad some of you are still enjoying this mod.
To update on the state of it, I removed a bugged unit graphic (it's mentioned in an earlier post) the last time I attempted a test. I was able to play for a while, but then still hit a crash point for an unknown reason.
I haven't touched it since, as that was extremely frustrating. It might be related to resuming a saved game on the map, but that's a shot in the dark and it just takes too long to isolate that sort of problem. I suppose I can at least upload the new version with the bugged unit graphic swapped out though.

To answer a couple of questions while I'm here:

very very good ww2 scenario maybe the best.the many civ choises is very good but even in my computer which has been bought half year before now for about 1200euros(i5 with a magnificent ati graphic card)i have tragic turn times which make it unplayable.can u please make a version without half down africa and not south america for the people who doesnt have super computers?

Thanks. Sorry to say, but I can't do anything about the turn times. It's just very slow. And with the potential save issue I mentioned above, it might be impossible to get through an entire game :(
I don't plan on making anymore versions at the moment.

ok loving this mod here. im playing as germany right now and have run over most of the city states in europe(working on hungry and sweden right now) now i wanna attack france but it wont let me declare war how do i declare war???????

It should be automatic. All the major war declarations are scripted up to about turn 75-80.

i found out that i can use this mod even without the current map!!!!!!!:yumyum:

edit:is there a way i can remove the multi units per hex?

Yes, you will have to open the xml file for it in modbuddy and get rid of the update I made for it though. It is in "Globaldefines.xml" located in "WWII Full Earth Campaign Part 1 of 2 (v 9)\XML\GameInfo". This is the bit that needs to go,
Spoiler :
Code:
<Update>
			<Set Value="2"/>
			<Where Name="PLOT_UNIT_LIMIT"/>
		</Update>

i tried to cut south america,half africa and australia myself but everytime i go to scale the program colapses.also if u let me i will sometime try to make a european scenario without touching any files ,only changing map and removing some nations ,but i am too bored to tick buildings for every city.if u could just make the shettles back to ancient era this mod can be used standalone by removing just the file with the scripts(i did this but without the shettler and new cities nothing can be done)

thanks for the help about the 2 units in 1 hex

u have the best unit,amp and texts creation ww2 scenario with which only red can be compared(which has a lot of saving bugs for me) and i ur scenario suggest scenario to everyone

rhettrongun, i have a question. I downloaded your scenario from link in the first page, then installed it, but the second part of scenario is missing. There is only first part in the browse menu in game, but there is not the second part. I controlled My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS, first part installed like it should be, but the second part is still standing without installing. Do you have an idea about it??

Hi all.

Im pretty new to Civ 5, but loveWW2 stuff, so this looks AMAZING.

Can I ask-

1- is there any point in downloading this (re the civ 5 has stopped working issue metioned on page 1)

2- Is there a simplified way of installing, rather than thedaunting looking way on the first page (no worries if not)

3- IF there is no point downloading this now, can any1 advise me of another WW2 Civ Mod?

Many thanks.

Top Bottom