TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

There are still wars to be had after all. This is perhaps my favorite NES.

Spoiler Mississippi+Western Seas :
Update 16: Many Hues of Blood
800 Years into the Bronze Age

War, it’s everywhere. Deal with it.

We have 4 more updates to go, so have fun while it lasts.

Mississippi

And so we arrive at the growing empire of Nanekatae. Soldiers march north to the growing military town of Katan, subjugating the farming tribes there and bringing them into the Empire. To the west, combat grows heavy against the Pawnee tribes, who gave as much as they took, but were slowly forced back. In their refugee-filled villages, chiefs are discussing unity in the face of the seemingly unstoppable empire. (Nanekatae -1 Warrior -1 Spearmen +1 Domestic)

Meanwhile, the Kumberland and Seneca confederations met each other and created a pact of trade and peace among them. They both trained their soldiers hard over the years, bringing in new weapons and techniques. In addition, Kumberland also expanded southward while Seneca slowly settled towards her downstream neighbor. (Kumberland +1 Domestic, Seneca +1 Trade)

Meanwhile, from east of their newly conquered provinces came messengers from a Capone tribe settling beside a massive lake. In their central settlement distant trade routes bring large amounts of metals from the north, giving them a well armed military.

From the south, barges towed by poles were seen in the distant waters, always stopping below the rapids. The barges seem to be full of goods for trade with the local tribes there.

Western Seas

As the Druids of Tarase slowed down their conquest and made a pact with Mediolaun, great events are occurring on what is called variously New Sarkov, New Valyria, Iberia, Tartes, Leonian or even San Lorenzo. The Bokonist Kingdom of Leon marched on a wave of conquest, while Ildaris absorbed straggling Drakan faithful and new converts alike. Meanwhile, the small Kordoban states received a jolt of action as Leon finishes a new road network, giving birth to two states dealing with trade that goes around the coast of the entire, multifariously named, peninsula.

The Druids of Tarase, once of the great Sufrenkish Horde, have begun settling down in earnest. They asked-or more like demanded- peace and compliance from the Kingdom of Mediolaun in exchange for reciprocation. This offer was quickly accepted and the border established with a series of tombstones marking the “Death of War”. While Tarase organizes their spreading confederacy and begun fighting the Faithful and strange Exnotists and Zirilists to the south, Mediolaun trains their army with the newest druidic tactics the Tarasens brought from the north and used them in great effect against Faithful holdouts. (+Tarase Confederacy, Kingdom of Mediolaun +1 Domestic)

Meanwhile, the Kingdom of Leon sets off on a strong foot in a series of conquests. The Pyrenees were cleared of annoying barbarians and its mines tapped for use in the great forges. Meanwhile, Corsica is wiped clean of the petty warlords with extreme prejudice. Then, the Bokonist King turned his eye on the Druids of Vascony. A large army poured over the passes, fighting the wily and experienced Warriors they found there. It was too much for the Vascons, and after dealing great casualties they retreated to the north, sealed the passes, and surrendered to the centralizing Alfrenkish kingdom. (Leon -1 Warrior -4 Spearmen -3 Archers +Urban +++Domestic-Confidence(size, new religions))

In Vascony itself the cities and towns were captured and even now, Bokonist readers sing the calypsos in the streets. In the countryside, the Vascon druids dispersed in the tall forests and connected with the growing colony at Coruna. The entire northern coast is, but for Leon Vascony, druidic.

At the same time, Leon built a great road network to help stitch together its massive holdings. Trade increased, especially in the southern regions far from the Elbo river or the coast. With growing connection with the Ildaris Faithful becoming a viable trade route and this road network brining wealth into Kordoban, two states formed, Kadiz holds the rock of Gibraltar and thus the fate of the growing Ildaris-Leon trade route, while Lamari attached itself to Leon’s road network, managing the trade of most of Kordoban to and from the growing Kingdom. (Leon +Trade)

As for Ildaris, assimilation, collection and conversion were the name of the game. Having beaten most of the tribes earlier in their march, most of them didn’t struggle and converted as the borders grew and the population swelled. A message sent through the trade routes reached Coruna, and slowly filtered north. A growing trade route connects southward to the Kingdom of Kadiz, where it supposedly enters the sea once plied by Provence and other Faithful nations. (++Domestic+Trade)

Meanwhile, on Sardinia itself the warlord of Sassari to the north fought the Republicans in the old Sardican capital to a standstill. Sassari was once a penal colony of Valyria in its glory days, and now it houses many troops. Cagliari is a larger and wealthier city, but it is eerily quiet, which gardens growing in the rubble of destroyed buildings and the Senate in constant argument. If they could bring their resources to bear, they might be able to defeat the King of Sassari… If. Both nations call out to their neighbors, seeking aid against their foes.

Ildaris
+Peaceful Expansion ++Domestic+Trade

Leon
Conquest of Pyrenees -1 Warrior
Conquest of Vascony -3 Spearmen -3 Archers +1 Urban ++1 Domestic
Conquest of Corsica -1 Spearmen +1 Domestic
-Confidence: Assimilate New Lands, Cultural Worries, Size
Road Project+Trade+Kordoban States
Research+14

Sardinias

Mediolaun
Trains army with Generals and starts resettling southward again.

Tarase

Eastern Seas
Utica
-Resettled Sicily +++Domestic +Research
-Nomads Gathering

I'm slowly wresting control of my life from the homework overlord and the overbearing parent thought police. Look at the spoiler, if you dare/care.

Note: I did not restart work, merely posted what I got done so far before I was pushed off the deep end.

EDIT: I think the best way to do this is that IF I post this update AND there is interest, I get some BT orders for about 200 years and rework the rules, the stats, and the BT update over the next month. By the end of this update, anyway, the fate of most conflicts of this time would have been settled (more or less).

Why be Rome when you can be HIGH KING OF HYAK, CONQUEROR OF HEAVEN, TWICE DESTROYER OF ARAMYA, WIELDER OF THE SWORD OF THE GODS, AVATAR OF TAKARZI AND MASTER OF EARTH?

I would definitely continue playing.

[party]:D. About BT, I still have no idea how that would work and am not sure if it is a good idea, but I shall see!

I am still interest. Dont let the game to die now that I have almost unified Japan.

There is too much mass murder to be done and justice to be dispensed for a BT.

hmm.. I abstain from voteing. normal turns would let me fine-tune my plans, which are just starting to advance. BT would cut down on the wait for those plans to complete.

Beyond my interest in and predilection for bloodshed, I don't know if a BT serves much purpose. To the exception of Keltia and Italy (or whatever you guys call it, that thing from ASOIAF), much of the world seems to have progressed into a kind of classical-era mindset and political organization. There's not much more change to go for short of establishing a Roman Empire European hegemon or moving towards a more knights-and-fiefdoms-centered world. What would you want to accomplish by BTing?

LOE: Sarkov.

While I would normally support a BT there really isn't much need/use for one at the moment. Still here, and will play regardless.

Did I just miss the boat when I got the picture that Italy, or Rome, was called Valyria?

Gah, I had a massive brain failure. :wallbash: yeah, it was Valyria. There was a Sarkov somewhere there too, not sure what happened there. I consider Italy in this NES a ed up bloodbath, so I have little idea what happened.

Gah, I had a massive brain failure. :wallbash: yeah, it was Valyria. There was a Sarkov somewhere there too, not sure what happened there. I consider Italy in this NES a ed up bloodbath, so I have little idea what happened.

Valyria/Italy from 3000 BC to 2750 BC: Happy sunshine days and rainbows.

Valyria/Italy from 2750 to 2700: Set on fire.

Valyria/Italy from 2700 to 2300: Ash.

Valyria/Italy from 2300-2250: Set on fire again.

Valyria/Italy from 2250-current time: Ash

We kind of burned a lot of things down there and fought a bunch of wars till we lit Sarkov on fire and marched north through a wall of human bodies and such, so at this point Italy is the closest thing to Valyria from ASOIAF that we have... all that needs to happen now is part of it breaking off and sinking into the ocean.

Rinse and repeat a couple of times with different factions, and soon Sarkov will return to reclaim it's rightful homeland which will hopefully stop all of this damn fire.

Ok, no BT. Still, I will revamp the rules a bit, organize all the rules addenums and (dun dun DUN) "Balance" a bit- mostly trade numbers (+/-2) and domestic (+/-1) with compensation. I can say next weekend, which I don't have a XC meet, would be a good time for me to slug at this even if I have DnD that evening. I can start plinking now.

EDIT: Sarkov (sparsely populated by ganglike Ashlander nomads) is a massive ruin that Leonese colonists dig for building material and antiques. I find it hilarious that Nova Sarkov returns the favor to colonize its former homeland (well, of about a third of Leon's population)

Top Bottom