After years of playing, what new things have you found in Civ 4?

I think I had 12 trebs plus loads of xbows, pikes and muskets mixed together.

His city had a castle and just two CGIII Longbows, but loads of supporting HAs and dog soldiers.

Those trebs were the weakest trebs have ever been for me. They could do nothing. Should have waited for cannons.

I think you mean nukes, not cannons.

The event whereby industrious villagers build a pasture themselves doesn't care if the target square has a forest.

Spoiler :

Best tile ever.

Tin + Gold on grassland hill is awesome too :D (1st part from events, 2nd from usual game) When that happen early and inside capital BFC it really can change game :D

Now that I have never seen!

There's an old thread about what's the best tile.
I had a green hill with the truffles + tin events and later one of the happy metals popped up.

This morning I learned that a unit can have "0.0" strength.

I assume that actually means "less than 0.05"?

I also learned that the AI will still use that unit to attack a more advanced unit with full health. Maybe they should've paid attention to their own emoticon: 0.0

I learned a new trick.

If you manage to build the mids and HG plus the forge engineer, save your GE for the following trick. Beeline music, use the great artist to partial bulb divine right and tech the rest, use the GE to hurry Versailles wherever it can save a hefty amount of GPT.

If wonderspamming I do like to set up a city with mids, HG, Glib, nat epic. Usually the capital, unless playing Inca in which case my early captured AI capital might be a better spot :p

Old thing but noticed not many people know this: AIs won't trade away techs that enable wonders before the wonders are built. That's why Masonry, Mathematics and many other techs like Paper appear to be more difficult to acquire by trade than others.
Well, if people don't know that, they won't know that AI will happily trade Sailing until it has Masonry, then will refuse to; this is because both Techs are required for The Great Lighthouse.
So don't don't give the AI Masonry!

I learned a new trick.

If you manage to build the mids and HG plus the forge engineer, save your GE for the following trick. Beeline music, use the great artist to partial bulb divine right and tech the rest, use the GE to hurry Versailles wherever it can save a hefty amount of GPT.

If wonderspamming I do like to set up a city with mids, HG, Glib, nat epic. Usually the capital, unless playing Inca in which case my early captured AI capital might be a better spot :p

Thats cool, a Versalless rush is always a good way to make sense and get that much needed gold.

I learned the hard way that Sitting Bull can plan a war at cautious. I always thought he was a peace lover who had to be at annoyed or worse to plan. He ended up killing my game as Washington.

I learned the hard way that Sitting Bull can plan a war at cautious. I always thought he was a peace lover who had to be at annoyed or worse to plan. He ended up killing my game as Washington.

Oh the irony of it all! :lol:

That on the diplomacy screen for Ragnar, the prow of the longship in the background bobs up and down on the tide. Pretty cool actually.

It is possible to get the chariot quest event after you discover Theology. This can happen if you bypassed the Classical Age on the way to Theology. You then fail the quest when you discover one of the techs that normally would have advanced you to the Classical Age.

I just discovered this when the quest popped up two turns before I discovered Metal Casting. (I'd already got Theology through the Oracle.)

Matter of fact, you can skip the Classical age entirely via Theology.

Wow! Never even thought of that. Thanks IK :)

Justinian will gibe you free alphabet!

(Playing a terrible start that has Ivory).

If you are chopping a forest on a tile that is in 2 cities' BFC, you can decide which city gets the hammers by highlighting the tile in that city's city screen.

Boudica will sign defensive pacts whilst in a different religion!

Most dependable ally with a high unit count to defend me.

I dont think burger king will try attacking me now cos Im sure hes chums with boudi (same religion), and rameses and shaka are keeping each other busy.

And OMG, Friendly Boudi in a different religion!

<3

Top Bottom