Failed loading XML files

Deathifixation

Chieftain
I want to get back to this game but it won't load my xml files!

For example
LoadXML call failed for xml\text\civ4gametext_events.xml
Current XML file is xml\text\civ4gametext_culturecontrol.xml

There are also problems that reference ashes of erebus civs. The funny thing is - I can actually enter through the error messages and start the mod and some of the text is working for example, the custom game load option, Raging Barbarians and some has an error message like
TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTIONS_ADVANCED_START

I think the mod xml files don't load.

I've tried reinstalling. I'M using the correct patch. For reference I've tried to troubleshoot compatability. I'm using windows 8.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Throwing a few random ideas as i'm not certain what could cause this :
-are you certain you installed it in the correct directory? (it should be in Civilization 4 /Beyond the Sword/Mods/)
-did you try launching it from civ4 or from the launcher to see if there's any difference ?
-could you add a few screenshots, for example of the civilopedia ?

Here are three jpg attachments.

Yeah, the path seems ok and I tried to load it from the Beyond The Sword launcher.
But still nothing.

Maybe it's something unique that has to do with my laptop. It's been running a bit slower lately. Anyways - thanks for the suggestions. If you have any other advice that would be great otherwise I'll just wait until I get a better laptop.

Attachments

• XML files.jpg
    XML files.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 557
  • xml  civilpedia.jpg
    xml civilpedia.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 431
  • XML in-game image.jpg
    XML in-game image.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 516
Ok, so from what i can see, it's just some of the text files, none of the actual game files seem to have an issue, and not all text files have a problem, now to try and understand which ones cause an issue .

What is the exact error you get ?

Top Bottom