After install new dawn,vanilla not possible

Thargor

Chieftain
Just noticed something weird. Before installing new dawn, vanilla BTS worked fine. After installing new, when I unload the mod, load a different or simply try to open vanilla BTS, I get not menutext, only some arrows.
When I try to start a new custom game (know the position of the option) I get the correct screen, but again no text. I get the numbers on the participants list, but when I drop the box to select a civ or leader, no text again (but empty lines as if the list has been build).
When I load new dawn again, no problems. I haven't tried uninstalling new dawn yet as that seems a bit radical. Is this a know issue, or is this me.
Not sure which technical data is important, since everything works fine for new dawn, so I assume it's not a pc issue. But anyway:
it's actually a brand new laptop, with windows 8 on it, so not to much rubbish on it yet.
Amd A8-6410 processor, 12gb ram, amd radeon R5 graphics

Hope you have a suggestion to clear this up,
Thargor

45°38'N-13°47'E;14048080 said:
Are you using an alphabet different than Latin?

No but that did put me onto the problem. I was using a translation. Apparently the choice for my language is also used in vanilla BTS. Since that language does not exist in vanilla, it decided to give me only blanks.
Going into new dawn and switching back to english solved the problem.
Should have figured that out myself :rolleyes:
Tnx

btw. don't know if this is another known issue, but reloading too often crashes the game. eg. when I'm trying out some scenarios in a situation and go back to a previous game. Not on the 5 or so first reloads, but after that any reload can crash it. I'm not really bothered by it. I don't do this every day and it restarts rather quick, so no biggie. Just thought I mention it.

Reloading relies on the Civ engine to clear memory properly. Much software doesn't do that perfectly - so each iteration introduces some amount of error or corruption - which may lead to a future crash.

Best to reload rarely, or to restart completely every once in a while if you need to reload.

Top Bottom