General A New Dawn discussion

I know those RI features but it's way too complicated to add them at this stage. Basically I prefer polishing the mod than add new features. So I'm sorry but no, that's not going to be added.

If you want the religious buildings to stay separate for each religion, I can live with it. It was one of those ideas that occurred to me. If Temples can be freely built, then there isn't really a reason to alter the number of Priest slots. Cathedrals contribute less than 1 Priest per city (2 Priests divided by the number of Temples per Cathedral), so that is not much of a factor.

The religious Wonders currently stay active if you switch religions. The constraints are the religion has to be active in the city and be your state religion to BUILD the Wonder. If you switch religions after the Wonder is complete, the Wonder continues to work. If the religion is no longer active (I tried with WorldBuilder, but I suspect it is the same with religion decay), then the Wonder stops working (red fist on the city screen).

I agree with not including the RI features.

What's the actual effect of the event referring to an aviator who flied solo over the North Pole and ... something else (i can't remember exactly the description)?

What's the actual effect of the event referring to an aviator who flied solo over the North Pole and ... something else (i can't remember exactly the description)?

Not sure but wasn't it +1 :gold: for airport?

There are two very similar events.

CHILLY_FLIGHT (solo over the North Pole) is +2 gold from Airport.

SOLO_FLIGHT (solo around the world) is +1 attitude from all leaders.

OK.It's CHILLY FLIGHT and said something about attracting tourists.Thanks Vokarya.

I finally got around to looking at the Free Religion tag. Do you really think it's a good idea to implement the difference between Temples and Monasteries/Cathedrals all the way down at the DLL level and not as a tag on the building/special building types? Just a thought for people who might want to tweak it themselves.

I finally got around to looking at the Free Religion tag. Do you really think it's a good idea to implement the difference between Temples and Monasteries/Cathedrals all the way down at the DLL level and not as a tag on the building/special building types? Just a thought for people who might want to tweak it themselves.
It's not the best solution, I admit it, but I haven't found another workaround to accomplish this. Basically I want that if you wish to exploit benefits from all religious buildings (think about monasteries for example), you've got to at least run that religion for a few turns (unless you're running free church or secular); we could do it for every religious building, I've left out temples because it seems more balanced to leave a small chance for non state religions to spread. I've found no other way than coding this difference in the dll, although in theory I could add a new tag allowing buildings to be built even when not running free church or secular: in my view it would be applied to temples only, but you could easily mod it via XML for other buildings too. Do you think this would be better?

45°38'N-13°47'E;14067625 said:
It's not the best solution, I admit it, but I haven't found another workaround to accomplish this. Basically I want that if you wish to exploit benefits from all religious buildings (think about monasteries for example), you've got to at least run that religion for a few turns (unless you're running free church or secular); we could do it for every religious building, I've left out temples because it seems more balanced to leave a small chance for non state religions to spread. I've found no other way than coding this difference in the dll, although in theory I could add a new tag allowing buildings to be built even when not running free church or secular: in my view it would be applied to temples only, but you could easily mod it via XML for other buildings too. Do you think this would be better?

I think a tag for the buildings would be better. I'm not complaining about the effects. I think it's a good idea to restrict religious buildings. I just don't think that restrictions like the Free Religion restriction should be hard-coded at a level that's difficult to re-mod for someone that really wants to.

I think a tag for the buildings would be better. I'm not complaining about the effects. I think it's a good idea to restrict religious buildings. I just don't think that restrictions like the Free Religion restriction should be hard-coded at a level that's difficult to re-mod for someone that really wants to.
OK, I will add a tag. At least it might get useful if we want to apply a similar effect to other buildings.

I got a question.
I'm playing revision 996 with One-City Challenge option, and AI currently on a stage of the game when nuclear weapons are available. And they using them a lot, it's really very hard now to take any of their cities without getting nuked lol.
I definitely need to do some preventive strikes, otherwise my tiny imperium with average -100 attitude to all leaders won't finish this game.
But warhead factory require at least 9 cities. So, how do I change this requirement to 1, in which file? Thanks in advance.

I got a question.
I'm playing revision 996 with One-City Challenge option, and AI currently on a stage of the game when nuclear weapons are available. And they using them a lot, it's really very hard now to take any of their cities without getting nuked lol.
I definitely need to do some preventive strikes, otherwise my tiny imperium with average -100 attitude to all leaders won't finish this game.
But warhead factory require at least 9 cities. So, how do I change this requirement to 1, in which file? Thanks in advance.

Civ4BuildingInfos.xml, line 111447.

Code:
			<iCitiesPrereq>6</iCitiesPrereq>

You should probably set it to 0. Most buildings that aren't city-limited use 0. It starts out at 6, but that number scales by map size.

Would it be possible to bypass the number of cities check in the DLL if the player is using One-City Challenge? There are some other buildings that can't be built in OCC: Manor, Treasury, World Bank, and Medical Center all have city counts. The others are government-center buildings that can't be built in a one-city civ that already has a Palace.

Civ4BuildingInfos.xml, line 111447.

Code:
<iCitiesPrereq>6</iCitiesPrereq>

You should probably set it to 0. Most buildings that aren't city-limited use 0. It starts out at 6, but that number scales by map size.

Would it be possible to bypass the number of cities check in the DLL if the player is using One-City Challenge? There are some other buildings that can't be built in OCC: Manor, Treasury, World Bank, and Medical Center all have city counts. The others are government-center buildings that can't be built in a one-city civ that already has a Palace.
I've would have thought they already did it, I'll change it in my next commit, it should be easy I suppose.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14073434 said:
I've would have thought they already did it, I'll change it in my next commit, it should be easy I suppose.

My guess is that only palace-type buildings had the <iCitiesPrereq> turned on in the original game, so no one ever thought about putting in that option. You could never build a second Palace or a Forbidden Palace in OCC, so they didn't think it was necessary.

So, I recently found "advanced nukes" option in game options file, weird that it's hidden by default. And currently having a lot of fun destroying neighboring continent lol.
But it will need a lot of time, since only one nova allowed, so how do I change number of allowed Fusion Novas to unlimited?

So, I recently found "advanced nukes" option in game options file, weird that it's hidden by default. And currently having a lot of fun destroying neighboring continent lol.
But it will need a lot of time, since only one nova allowed, so how do I change number of allowed Fusion Novas to unlimited?

The Advanced Nukes option is hidden because the AI can't properly evaluate the particular nukes that the option enables. The Fusion Nukes and the YAM are done in Python and therefore are invisible to the AI (the MRBM simply doesn't have a unique niche). The Peace Maker is not part of Advanced Nukes because it simply has a VERY large nuke radius (20 tiles).

If you want more of a limited unit, edit Civ4UnitClassInfos.xml in Assets\XML\Units. <iMaxPlayerInstances> is the number that any one player can have at a time. If you want unlimited numbers, set the number to -1.

Top Bottom