this is more !@#$% just got the update to fix (does not start!)

armchairwarrior

Chieftain
supposedly the Spanish exe thing. and now i can't even start my American English version of the game :(.

I hate you steam and your auto updates!~!!

I'm having this same issue.. it keeps telling me that it encountered a problem loading the program.. is there a crash log anywhere I can look at?

What error are you getting, and have you tried restarting your Steam client?

not sure if this is related, but I can't start the game either. It gets to the menu to select DirectX9 or DirectX10 or 11 (recommended). After I click on either it just never loads..rebooted, restarted steam etc

I also got the patch for the Spanish issue and I have no problem starting the game.

After a week of not being able to play the game, now I can, and I don't even have the Spanish version of XP, just the regular English version, though I had pretty much the same symptoms as the Spanish players.

I have the same problem, the game doesn't start at all after this mornings update. So I believe now all in Spain can play the game and the rest of the world can't.

I couldn't get the game to launch before because of the MSVCR90.DLL error but today I can actually play the game. I live in Finland not Spain. It works great now.

Here's how to get the errorlogs:
Do you have the full details of the error, such as the faulting application and faulting module? If not, right-click Computer > Manage > Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application. Near the top, there should be some errors relating to the game listed. Please include the data from there.

I'm at work now so I can't check the Windows Log but I doubt there is a log as the game doesn't even start. I checked the logs in My Games though and no logs were produced.

Correct. I'm having this problem now too, and the game doesn't report anything in the event viewer. Though since I have the SDK installed, which seems to use some Visual Studio components, my crashes are evident by a window asking me if I wish to debug :lol:

Top Bottom