Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking around to see if there are any civs to include and I have found these so far:

The Missisipians by Sword of Geddon

Dacubz' DaCiv Mod also contain some candidates: Dene, Ghana, Maasai, Trapezuntine.

Uzbekistan by IgorS.

Slovakia by hrochland

That's what I have found so far.
Do you think we should include any of these civs?

Nice ! You're doing a good job guys !

I am looking around to see if there are any civs to include and I have found these so far:

The Missisipians by Sword of Geddon

Dacubz' DaCiv Mod also contain some candidates: Dene, Ghana, Maasai, Trapezuntine.

Uzbekistan by IgorS.

Slovakia by hrochland

That's what I have found so far.
Do you think we should include any of these civs?

I would love to see DaCiv Mod civs included in MCP:) Always missed Macedonia and venetia for example.

Hungary
===========

Changed UB Fürdő (Bath house) to Végvár (Castle)
it has a zone of control and +1 :) with wine

Huns
===========

Tarkan (Horse archer)
update stats
upgrades to Rider and Lancer to have a longer lifespan

Cattle herd (Granary --> Butchery)
replaces butshery, not Granary
no resource requriment

Hurrians
===========

Maryannu (Chariot)
update stats

Villu Statue (Court house --> Standing stone)

Harappan
===========

(no need to change)

Goths
===========

Gothic Cavalry (Heavy horseman)
update stats

Getic
===========

Getic river port (Levee --> River port)
replaces River port, not Levee
+3 commerce (River port has +2)
kept the health bonus

Georgian
===========

Georgian tribesman (Horse archer --> Rider)
it has sword and shield, not bow

Finland
===========

(no need to change)

Filipino
===========

Katipuneros (Rifleman)
cost down to 230 from 270 (nowsame as Rifleman)

Etruscans
===========

Fanum (Court house)
add magistrate slot

Etruscan Chariot (Chariot)
update stats

So MCP is no all updated for current version of RAND.

But I would like to keep working on it for a little more, because I think still there are UUs and UBs that could have a more appropriate replacement, but such an examination take time. These civs were originally created to BTS, but in RAND now we have a much broader variety of choices.

I would also like to add more civs, if I find some good ones. I don't think we should add any that has static leader heads, so my only candidate is Slovakia at the moment, but I think I will wait with it for Vokarya's next release with Tavern changes.

Hmm... I'm getting errors for Cuba, Iran, Champa, and Croatia.

When? When starting the mod? It starts fine for?
Or during the game? Looking after it...

When starting the mod, I get errors for those civs pointing to techs that no longer exist. I may have messed something up, but I haven't had time to double check.

Hello

I just tested it and working fine for me:) No errors and everything seems to be ok.

One thing I noticed, Uyghur secondary player colour should be changed something more visible. Light cayan and white are poor combination:)

Great work! thank you for whole team.

I can confirm it works great ! Really good job :)

Is the updated version available for download or is it still in testing/updating phase?
I'd really like to try it out :D

Is the updated version available for download or is it still in testing/updating phase?
I'd really like to try it out :D

Than please try it :)
I am planning some updates (currently I'm working on fixing city name_text typos) but it should be working.
Please report if you find any bugs or inaccuracies. Thx

To install the current mod, just download:
THE REPOSITORY DATA (this link will always be up-to-date)
and
THE GRAPHICAL DATA

Extract these two files in the mod folder. Be warned that some files might be overwritten on the next update by the launcher (if you use it). I plan to add support for MCP in the next update.

I'd like to use this again (love the ancient/archaic civs, not as big on the Modern'ish ones though) but am a bit concerned that the pack might just break again after AND pushes out a new revision...

In the past the pack would end up making the game highly unstable later in the game after AND updated :(
Will give it a try though, but I do have a few other questions:

First. do the Minoan's still have their UB being a replacement of the Courthouse?
From what I recall it gave some culture and an additional trade route, but I recall some discussion elsewhere about there being too many Courthouse UB's and then the removal of Trade Routes... Did their building change to something else, or is it still a Courthouse replacement?

Secondly, the first time I downloaded and installed the pack I had to download additional files and then install them separately. Is this still needed or has the pack been updated to a point where only one download link and set of files is needed?

Finally, there was an Aztec/Maya like civilization (Olmec?) that had a music track I used to love when I was a kid, had some flutes in it and such? What was the name of the original song that was used for their contact music? I've been trying to track it down forever but could never recall the name of it and then when I heard it in the mega pack I was so excited - only to be disappointed when all the music tracks in the files had ambiguous names xD

In the past the pack would end up making the game highly unstable later in the game after AND updated :(
I don't know if it's my PC or not, but my current game freeze at the middle ages (can't get past a specific turn). I have started the game without the pack at rev 862 on another PC, then finished on 865 on my PC with the pack (and revolutions activated). Such conditions aren't ideal to judge.

Secondly, the first time I downloaded and installed the pack I had to download additional files and then install them separately. Is this still needed or has the pack been updated to a point where only one download link and set of files is needed?
The development page is here: LINK
There, you can read the instructions. There are two files: A base package of graphics (nearly 2go) and the other files (in the repository). Just get both archives then extract.
Can't answer the two other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom