You are great, appraisals!

awesomenewdawn

Chieftain
I installed AND today and replaced the Rise of Mankind from December 2012. The new mod gave me an exited and amazed feeling. The talking sounds seem crystal clear. The map scrolls smoothly. Gigantic maps initialize fast. Windows and turns open faster. There are new techs, new options in the setup game screen and new things to build right in the start. "You can't found more than 2 cities because of chiefdom". Great idea! I used to think that the CIV4 installation on my SSD, having been copied over from Win 7 and XP, could not be updated without braking it, but this mod installs easily. It even stars BTS and Blue Marble graphics automatically. As I finished my Rise of Mankind game and launched the spaceship, I thought that these four weeks would fill my interest for CIV for half a year, but A New Dawn just reset my appetite. I believe Mr. Meyer himself would enjoy your incredible creations. Good job! :goodjob:

I've been playing with the revolutions and Planetgenerator 068. Did you know, that you can stop revolutions from happening by having 200 - 300 gold on the account + code of laws, city planning and democracy even on deity? Noticed too that the best biome setting is climate variation drastic - hot, while moisture has no effect on plants. That should be fixed, to effect the trees. That has the most ice, tundra, and tropical, but there should be a way to expand tundra while tropics is expanded, as to minimize the green biome, as tundra and ice only withdraw the hotter the setting. The Smartmap doesn't have all the features that Planetgenerator has. I wish for higher map sizes, as they expand the biomes and the width only increases the size. Set four civs in the beginning, (Native Americans, Chinese, Zulu and play as Spanish) as they break up into revolutions anyway. Ultimately, Civ games need a realistic map, where distances are 100 times bigger, and moving and founding a city would only be possible based on the capabilities and resources of the units, unlike now, where the world is filled with cities identically distanced from one another. The amount and area of cities in Civ should not exceed that of the satellite images of Earth on the whole map.
Show less

Since Rice of Mankind some added features do not work:
-1. he experience system doesn't work, at all. +2 points for a wonder? every level is 20 points or more. Put a level per win.
-2. Putting the mountains accessible on, it has no effect.
-3.Towns do not produce gold and shields with roads anymore.
-4. Happy resources do not produce happy anymore, only some of them.
-5. Noticed too that the best biome setting is climate variation drastic - hot, while moisture has no effect on plants. That should be fixed, to effect the trees. That has the most ice, tundra, and tropical, but there should be a way to expand tundra while tropics is expanded, as to minimize the green biome, as tundra and ice only withdraw the hotter the setting.
-6. The Smartmap doesn't have all the features that Planetgenerator has. I wish for higher map sizes, in Y coordinates, as they expand the biomes and the width only increases the size.
-7. Ultimately, Civ games need a realistic map, where distances are 100 times bigger, and moving and founding a city would only be possible based on the capabilities and resources of the units, unlike now, where the world is filled with cities identically distanced from one another. The amount and area of cities in Civ should not exceed that of the satellite images of Earth on the whole map.
-8. The Wonders do not offer the same benefits, such as Encyclopedia's all known techs By other players, instead 10% in all cities. Please let the Wonders be as they were in Rise of Mandkind 2012 December.

Since Rice of Mankind some added features do not work:
-1. he experience system doesn't work, at all. +2 points for a wonder? every level is 20 points or more. Put a level per win.
-2. Putting the mountains accessible on, it has no effect.
-3.Towns do not produce gold and shields with roads anymore.
-4. Happy resources do not produce happy anymore, only some of them.
-5. Noticed too that the best biome setting is climate variation drastic - hot, while moisture has no effect on plants. That should be fixed, to effect the trees. That has the most ice, tundra, and tropical, but there should be a way to expand tundra while tropics is expanded, as to minimize the green biome, as tundra and ice only withdraw the hotter the setting.
-6. The Smartmap doesn't have all the features that Planetgenerator has. I wish for higher map sizes, in Y coordinates, as they expand the biomes and the width only increases the size.
-7. Ultimately, Civ games need a realistic map, where distances are 100 times bigger, and moving and founding a city would only be possible based on the capabilities and resources of the units, unlike now, where the world is filled with cities identically distanced from one another. The amount and area of cities in Civ should not exceed that of the satellite images of Earth on the whole map.
-8. The Wonders do not offer the same benefits, such as Encyclopedia's all known techs By other players, instead 10% in all cities. Please let the Wonders be as they were in Rise of Mandkind 2012 December.

1. don't understand what you mean
2. some error on your side, option works flawlessy, I use it in every game
3. can't remember but I think it's been changed to work like this.
4. resources have been changed a lot, WAD.
5. depends on mapscript, not specifically AND problem
6. same as 5.
7. same as 5.
8. WAD, not going to change them (most of them at least, Vokarya is planning some minor changes to some wonders).

Personally, I would prefer re-introducing the <iTechShare> ability for Encyclopedia, Internet, and Universal Translator. It's been turned off as long as long as I can remember. I think with the changes we have made to TechDiffusion, it's a lot harder for any civilization to fall behind in techs to the point where any of these projects is a gigantic swing. If I remember correctly, our original thresholds were 5 for Encyclopedia, 3 for Internet, 2 for UT. Without the techshare ability, Encyclopedia is hideously overcosted for very little benefit (a mere +10% science across the board).

#2 only works once you research about 1/3 of the tech tree - Cartography? I can't recall what tech unlocks moving onto mountains, but you surely don't start with it - which is intentional. Just saying, in case you were confused thinking you start with that ability - it's something you have to research to unlock.

Personally, I would prefer re-introducing the <iTechShare> ability for Encyclopedia, Internet, and Universal Translator. It's been turned off as long as long as I can remember. I think with the changes we have made to TechDiffusion, it's a lot harder for any civilization to fall behind in techs to the point where any of these projects is a gigantic swing. If I remember correctly, our original thresholds were 5 for Encyclopedia, 3 for Internet, 2 for UT. Without the techshare ability, Encyclopedia is hideously overcosted for very little benefit (a mere +10% science across the board).
OK, if you think it's better this way, go on with it. I have a minor update coming next days, let me know if you want me to do it or if you prefer to add it to your next big release.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14059377 said:
OK, if you think it's better this way, go on with it. I have a minor update coming next days, let me know if you want me to do it or if you prefer to add it to your next big release.

If you want to do it, go ahead. I'd like to see what the players think once it goes into action.

Top Bottom