Can I Steal Great People To Prevent A.I. Cultural Victory?

WabeWalker

Chieftain
I'm in a technology race with the Zulu. The Americans, however, are just 5 points away from cultural victory.

Can I do anything with my spies to reverse the American culture?

I've just sent a spy ring into Washington and captured their Great Builder, which was a special person. Does this mean that America is now one fewer point away from their cultural victory?

Should I just start throwing spy rings at Washington?

Note that military intervention against America is no longer an option for me. I have no military. I was building The Manhattan Project, and was going to nuke The Americans, but they beat me to it.

I'd say use the spies to demolish their culture producing buildings (temples, cathedrals. If you they have magna carta - courthouses)

I'd say use the spies to demolish their culture producing buildings (temples, cathedrals. If you they have magna carta - courthouses)

Okay, thanks. I'll do that.

But can somebody answer my original question? If I catpure a great person, does that mean that my opponent is now one fewer great person away from Cultural Victory?

Yes, that's correct - one fewer GP away from a cultural victory for the person losing their GP to a spy.

Spies are much more powerful than in previous civs, IMHO.

Top Bottom