New patch 1.10 - no more mega city :-(

No update on the 360 version last night. Not calling anyone a liar, just saying that the 360 has not received any updates since the release of the game.

No update on the 360 version last night. Not calling anyone a liar, just saying that the 360 has not received any updates since the release of the game.

You are correct. I'm fairly certain the update was only on the PS3 version. I thought I remembered a game update when I first loaded the game on my X360 on 07/09/08, but definitely nothing beyond that point.

About patch 1.10!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I wanted to give you an update on the 1.10 patch.

The 1.10 patch was created to enable the future DLC content in the game, and was going to have no gameplay tweaks. In the United States on PS3, this is true. However, the 1.10 patch in Europe did go through with a gameplay tweak that we intended to release next month as part of a larger patch. This is the change that settlers will no longer add 1 population when joining a city, and will instead add food towards population growth.

I was testing on a US PS3 and so I didn’t catch this yesterday – so thank all of you for reporting in, because you helped us out!

We are working on this now and I’ll let you know more as I hear updated info, along with anything else that may come our way. The development team is actively reading your posts on the forum, and I’m in constant contact with them about stuff like this.

Thank you for your support, diligent reporting, and understanding.

About patch 1.10!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

The 1.10 patch was created to enable the future DLC content in the game, and was going to have no gameplay tweaks. In the United States on PS3, this is true. However, the 1.10 patch in Europe did go through with a gameplay tweak that we intended to release next month as part of a larger patch. This is the change that settlers will no longer add 1 population when joining a city, and will instead add food towards population growth.

I was testing on a US PS3 and so I didn’t catch this yesterday – so thank all of you for reporting in, because you helped us out!

We are working on this now and I’ll let you know more as I hear updated info, along with anything else that may come our way. The development team is actively reading your posts on the forum, and I’m in constant contact with them about stuff like this.

Thank you for your support, diligent reporting, and understanding.

I TOLD you guys!! :) Pretty sick that EU players is affected by this - but NOT american playsers. Talk about an uneven match

I TOLD you guys!! :) Pretty sick that EU players is affected by this - but NOT american playsers. Talk about an uneven match

Well, you guys did get the full game a few months before us, so I guess it goes to figure you would accidentally get an unannounced nerf before us too. ;) :)

I lol'd at Mr Game Theory's profile on Live. (Ranked #1 player online head to head for those that don't know)

He basically goes on a rant about how poor of a strategy game it is, and finishes with this.

"Plus you factor in all the bugs and strategic loopholes and you have yourself a poor example of a strategy game. It's funny that they tried to patch my strategy knowing it is too good, but they are too dumbfounded to realise they have changed nothing :]"

He was a user of the Mega city.

I lol'd at Mr Game Theory's profile on Live. (Ranked #1 player online head to head for those that don't know)

He basically goes on a rant about how poor of a strategy game it is, and finishes with this.

"Plus you factor in all the bugs and strategic loopholes and you have yourself a poor example of a strategy game. It's funny that they tried to patch my strategy knowing it is too good, but they are too dumbfounded to realise they have changed nothing :]"

He was a user of the Mega city.

With all due respect, what kind of a ****** plays a poor example of a strategy game enough to become #1? How empty and pointless must your life be?

That's your best option each day? A poor example of a strategy game over everything else?

What a loser.

So, if I build a settler in, say, a 30 pop city, where it cost much more than 20 food to get from 29 to 30, then I will only be able to add 20 food to another city? That seems unfair as well. :confused:

Maybe it should produce settlers that provide food equal to the population cost.

About patch 1.10!

Hey guys,

Ok in about 8h (Yay its friday evening then)time Ill take some b-vitamins and test this theory. Ive got Pal PS3 and game is from US and patch is from EU or US?

So am I right. If city is over 10 you get only more apples not people. And in under 10 people cities they add 1?

Pop size of city does not matter. Settlers no longer increase pop size automatically, they just add food. Even if the food that was added is enough to gain the next pop increase, it will not show on the pop size until the next turn. I added 3 settlers to a city last night and it's pop still didn't increase. I think it has pop 18 at the time.

What hasn't been mentioned (i think) in this thread is that the 1.10 patch has completely broken the PS3 multiplayer ranked game.

It is now impossible to find anyone to play with.

This was broken over a week ago when the patch was released stateside, and then the released it 5 days later in europe and promptly broke all our games as well.

2k's response to this has predominantly been to blithely ignore questions about the patch breaking the game, then after LOTS of direct posts about it to come up with the weak politcal answer of 'it's being looked into' (which is really a pathetic response to breaking a sold product) and NOT rolling back the patch so we can use the game.

In addition i got banned for a week because i posted 'unpatch me' in 6 threads. lmao.

I have rarely seen such incompetance and disregard towards a consumer base and 10 years of playing civ (including building a new PC for civ 4) have been soured.

And Elizabeth 2k is a really cool gal ... and to think at the start i had a fondness for her. I can't believe i'm saying this but that irritating Game Player Master freak guy should seriously consider going back to the forum and spouting his inane hypocritical rhetoric over there just to annoy the admins :)

What hasn't been mentioned (i think) in this thread is that the 1.10 patch has completely broken the PS3 multiplayer ranked game.

It is now impossible to find anyone to play with.

This was broken over a week ago when the patch was released stateside, and then the released it 5 days later in europe and promptly broke all our games as well.

In addition i got banned for a week because i posted 'unpatch me' in 6 threads. lmao.

You can unpatch it yourself.

You can unpatch it yourself.

makes no difference though, and it tries to get you to install it every time you start the game again. Not really a solution. A real solution would be to fix it. And even better one would have been not to roll it back so the community is at the same place.

Just to clarify, the exploit I'm referring to is being able to switch production from another wonder to the World Bank or United Nations, neither of which can be rushed directly, unless you exploit this loophole.

I don't know why you'd be building catapult armies that late in the game. You must be worse than I am. :p

Top Bottom