Building Pyramids

brewgod

Prince
Hello Guys:

How many of you unlock the tree to just build the Pyramids and nothing else. Seems most all skip this entire tree to begin with so I am wondering.

Thanks

Brew God

use to open it and even finnish it on King and even with some civ on Emperor...
BUT
problem is that opening it just for pyramids dosent really worth it since it will delay your next policy
PLUS
2 workers are faster to build then building the pyramids and even faster to steal from other civs (new for me) or CS.

So opening it if you intend to need more than 4 settlers and finnish it ultimately to get a free GSientist or Engeneer might still woth it, but I still start to think that opening Tradition and finishing it ASAP is optimum in 95% of the cases. Then its too late to open Liberty... so you go for left side of Piety or Patronnage or Esthetic if you are aiming a cultural victory. You actualy fill it until you open Rationalim...

Poland is an exception IMHO.

That all said, Im 100% sure someone one will come up with a good case to open Liberty most of the time... lets see!

Honestly, I never did that, seems like a waste of an early Tradition policy and since the patch sent Legalism down a notch, it's absolutely crazy not to go down Tradition before taking anything else.

I did however go Liberty and then opened Tradition for HG, that kind of makes more sense because you get +3 culture per turn which in the early game kind of makes up for a detour policy

Honestly, I never did that, seems like a waste of an early Tradition policy and since the patch sent Legalism down a notch, it's absolutely crazy not to go down Tradition before taking anything else.

I did however go Liberty and then opened Tradition for HG, that kind of makes more sense because you get +3 culture per turn which in the early game kind of makes up for a detour policy

Yeah did that too on a systematic basis... but then I did the math, and its dosent take long before you loose that lil edge you get for the 1st few (2 maybe 3 I think) policies...

I will some times open Tradition and then go straight for the Liberty Worker, make the pyramids and then finish filling out tradition entirely just in time for rationalism. The Oracle is a priority when doing this though.

I only choose Liberty when I have a jungle start. That is the only time that liberty is better than tradition that I have found.

I'd really like to know whether this is viable on Immortal / Deity... It sounds good on paper, but can you afford to detour to a second civic this early in the game?

On lower levels,...Don't open Liberty

Put, Rammy in your game and let Egypt build it....Keep an eye on him, and when he starts building it...take him out, and reap the benefits without opening Liberty.

Watch Rammys early game Social Policies,...if he is going Liberty, Then your odds are pretty good! If not, change your strategy for that game or ReRoll.

I only choose Liberty when I have a jungle start. That is the only time that liberty is better than tradition that I have found.

Domination, and higher level players like it for 1 turn repair of resources, so they can Pillage multiple times, heal their units and gain gold.

^^eh, regular pillage-heal-repair works well enough that this is not enough reason on its own to pick Liberty...

^^eh, regular pillage-heal-repair works well enough that this is not enough reason on its own to pick Liberty...

Sometimes for the VVV, or Gauntlets your playing on Epic, or Marathon...Play a few games at that speed and you might change your mind. Not my strategy usually, but Overall Pyramids is actually a HUGE early game advantage at those speeds.

Top Bottom