Religious issues

stormtrooper412

Peacemongering Turtlesaur
Imagine a scenario like this (happened in quite a number of games)

I am 4 turns away from Education. Meaning Universities. I was lucky enough and a neighbor spread his religion to one of my cities and has the Jesuit reformation. University costs 300 thunders and I will have that much in 2 turns, so, timed it right. BUT! Just as I hit over 300, it's gone because the game decided to spawn a Great Prophet to enhance my religion and that delayed that Uni by about 10 turns.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Im susing an interfce mod that allows you (among other things) to chose what your next faith buy will be and even delays it. Its very usefull for this reason and also because it makes frogetting to buy with faith later in the game when you have multiple option very unlikely.

That said I dont have the name of the mod soon... Ill post it as soon as I get on the computer I play with.

Perhaps someone will beat me to this.

It will definately fix your problem! And make the game more enjoyable in many ways.

The ability to choose what you buy is always available, accessed by the Religion Overview.

But the threshold for A Great Prophet is 200 on Normal.

Also, chances are this interface mod is known as Enhanced User Interface.

The ability to choose what you buy is always available, accessed by the Religion Overview.

But the threshold for A Great Prophet is 200 on Normal.

Also, chances are this interface mod is known as Enhanced User Interface.

Bingo! Enhanced User Interface!

And yeah... now that you mention it, true that you could do it on the standard BNW... forgot it!

In your situation I'm not sure which takes precedence, or if it's based on RNG. You got to 300 faith without setting autobuy? or did you set to wait for prophet?
If you did set autobuy to universities then the game mechanics shouldn't be spawning prophets, even if you got over 300.

He wouldn't be able to set auto-buy for universities until he finished researching Education (which he said was 2 turns away). Also, he said it was an enhance Great Prophet, which would spawn after crossing the 300 faith threshold, not 200 faith.

Absent a mod, I'm not aware of any way to avoid the pre-Industrial RNG spawning of Great Prophets. What you might have been able to do is slow down your faith generation to stay below 300 until you could buy a university -- perhaps by shifting what tiles your citizens were working to avoid pantheon faith tiles (and definitely to avoid working a faith mountain). Or if you were getting faith from a religious CS, you could DOW the CS to cut off the flow of faith. Even selling off a shrine or two might have been worth doing (they are cheap and easy to rebuild, and you save a bit on gold maintenance in the meantime).

Top Bottom