Better warmongerer

As in, which one of those AIs are better at warmongering, or which civilization is better at warmongering?

Playing as a human: my vote goes to Assyria because siege towers are ridiculously OP. Half the world is at your fingertips during the classical era if your playing pangaea or continents.

In terms of AI: Shaka maybe as a more fierce warmonger? Idk, they are all schizophrenic

I hate having Shaka as a neighbour more than Attilla and I also found Shaka to be much for fun to play as. I just can't get a hold of warmongering from the get-go which you would need for Civ's like Assyria and The Huns.

AI is subjective based on difficulty setting. On Immortal or Diety the AI spits out so many units regardless, it is hard to tell the difference between them.

To play as? Assryia (sp?) has the lead because each conqoured city is worth a tech usually and that alone is extremely powerful! The biggest shortcoming of warmongering is the fact that your hammers are going towards units and not buildings/science, as Assryia, you get the best of both.

Shaka is EZ mode warfare though, Impi's are just THAT good!

One thing to note for Assyria when playing as a human:

Siege towers retain their bonus for the entire game if you can keep them alive (or just build a few extra), and still provide the sapper bonus while embarked. Impis are nice and all, but you don't necessarily need to roll over their army when your goal is just to rape, pillage, and conquer the capitals/other cities.

As a previous poster has pointed out, you will be sinking most of your hammers in the early-mid game into these babies, thus it is very likely you will not be able to pick up that many wonders. That's fine, the AI custom-built them for you, now all you need to do is "pick up" your order :).

Late game, just park a siege tower beside a couple of frigates or artillery pieces in the renaissance/industrial era (provided you made enough during the classical so you still have a few alive).... well to be fair, if you're past the industrial/modern era (and it's not an island map) and the game is still going, your units were probably sitting around twiddling their thumbs for extended durations of time :p

If I have to choose one of those, I would go with Attila.

Cuz, for AI: He starts his expansion earlier and that makes him more dangerous opponent.

Human player: You have Battering Ram with 300% bonus vs cities and they are melee. Your Horse Archers are mini Keshiks. You can easily make them "move after attack" unit.

But I like Assyria too. They have totally a great unit, Siege Tower and when it next to an enemy city, other units within 2 tiles get a 50% Bonus when attacking the city. Which is great. And you gain a free tech (discovered by its owner) when you conquered a city.

My biggest problems with Assyria have been that whenever I roll them I seem to start off miles of rough terrain away from my nearest neighbor, which makes conquering with the siege towers a pain, as they are really really vulnerable before promoting them with cover and take a while to build. Also, as much as you're pumping hammers into unit production, you need to remember to get your Royal Libraries built in every settled/conquered city, at least those on your battle frontiers, and to get your Writer's Guild and National Epic up quick, so that you can get the extra XP for new units. Remember that you can move your great works of writing around as need be when building your military!

Only domintaion victory at Emperor or higher yet: Huns.. twice...
So its has to be my answer, but, Im so lame at warmonging that you cant take my word for it!

Only domintaion victory at Emperor or higher yet: Huns.. twice...
So its has to be my answer, but, Im so lame at warmonging that you cant take my word for it!

No, it's quite right. Huns probably are one of the best domination civ.

I'd actually give the nods to Arabia, England, or Persia because their uniques / benefits are far better than war. War and micro is the easy part. It is the macro that is difficult.

I kinda like Germany for Domination Warmongering. The bonus for barbarians means more hammers towards the important stuff, and the 25% maintenance bonus goes nicely in hand with the excess brutes (Which, BTW, upgrade to Swordsmen). My strategy grounds around late game attacks, so I find the Panzer an ideal unit too.

Surprised the Mongols didn't make the list.
Considered strictly from the PoV of the battlefield Mongols are the best warmongering civ, hands down. Keshiks/Khans can just annihilate anything else as long as AI isn't two eras ahead.

But Assyria is probably the most powerful because of the free tech they get from conquering a city.

Top Bottom