Survey: Starlife's Next NES

Um... I could make it more specific but that's good... I guess... I was meaning the average Rural Lord, since this map is really, really large, and would look really messy if every somewhat significant town or fortified manor is represented. If they are not, then territory would have to be used to represent these minor positions.

It is because of such minor village/fort rights that the HRE ended up with states with tiny territories spread out all over germany like bits of froth and a somewhat larger blob which gives said state its name. And these forts/villages do have rather significant tactical and strategetic purposes. It is the enclave of Prussia that led Brandenburg prussia to agree to partition Poland, despite increasing Austria's strength.

"Average rural lord" is difficult to designate right now, and there likely isn't any such concept as a catch-all amount of territory for each lord. I don't know where you got "forts/villages of all kinds do not have any significant tactical or strategic purposes" from my post above. If you want a messy map, then I should include territory borders, as you suggest; every little retainer of your family, even if geographically interrupted by another family's retainer's estate, would be a colored droplet, and many families are likely to have estates or retainers in lands distant from their "main" castle, depending on their influence and significance. Having borders doesn't make much sense in the context of playing within a broader empire (further emphasized by the fact that other polities outside of Uedos will be involved in the NES). No. Instead, I might include colored "site dots", placing them on your family's holdings. But really, how I update the map is the least of my concern now, and largely irrelevant given the fact that few families have even been created. How I color families in geographically will depend on what sorts of houses exist.

EDIT: On another note, I just noticed that the scale on the zoomed-in version is off (thanks to Photoshop's annoying scale placer). I'll fix it later.

Top Bottom